Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,725,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sure marching around the Mall and deifying Trayvon Martin will fix things.

Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder | TIME.com
From TIME none the less.

Good for them for trying to bring this to the forefront.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,373,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I think if there was a list that covered feelings ranging from indifference to outrage, being "frowned upon" is right below "a sigh of disappointment" and just above "tsk-tsk."
Pretty much saying "you deserve it," eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hate crimes are often brought against blacks, to claim otherwise is not backed up by statistics.

FBI — Offenders
Oh dear.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Is this your defense mechanism?
Wonder if that was his backyard!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,537,343 times
Who cares?

Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,107,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hate crimes are often brought against blacks, to claim otherwise is not backed up by statistics.

FBI — Offenders
Since you want to throw around stats. Blacks make up less than 15% of the population but commit over 50% of the murders.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,459,948 times
I'm pretty sure the gasoline thing turned out to be a hoax.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM

28,983 posts, read 14,330,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And that is why I posted this thread. It's not about black vs. white. There are good and bad people of all races.
Look at the other big story this week- the Atlanta school shooting. The hero is black and the villain is white.

The problem is the double standard, and it's encouraged by the media, black leaders, the CBC, Holder, and Obama. It's absurd. And it's time for people to call it out and stand against it.
The thing is though, everytime someone tries to speak out they get called a racist, and since the majority of the sheep believe the media and go along with the PC agenda the truth gets hammered down. Hopefully people start thinking for themselves and realize they are getting played. Maybe then we will see a turn around. It can happen.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,077,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They are hateful - the whole lot of them - who downplay this, whether it's the Sharptons, or Jacksons, or the media. If they ignore it, downplay it or dismiss it as a mere blip on the road of life, they are the ones who are being racist and promoting more of the same kind of hate crimes.

They ought to get their own back yards into shape and under control before they start picking and choosing which event to headline on their front pages or in their posturing speeches for mere promotion of their agenda.

Which one of these guys would look like Obama's son, if he had one? He seems to be silent now.

These people are blowing a great opportunity to bring healing and unity to a nation that is hurting on many fronts. What a shameful legacy that will be for all of them.

I can see it now: President Obama, nation's "first black president", promising the hope of unity, fails miserably.

This

Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,351,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I'm pretty sure the gasoline thing turned out to be a hoax.
Do you have a comment about the general theme of the opinion piece or just disputing anecdotes?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,077,972 times
this crime was newsworthy for the day, but not Zimmerman newsworthy. This type of news does not get the wardrums beating and the outrage started. So, it gets reported then fades away like a sunset. trouble here is there are still people around that will make excuses for what happened. One snippet I saw on the news last night I think was one of the mothers stating "he's a good kid" What?

Anyway, I don't get how anyone can defend these three vermin. They hunted a human like I would stalk a deer, and shot him in the back, for sport. But like I said before, black on white crime (even though one of the vermin were white) not newsworthy, more like acceptable. If three white teenagers with rebel flags on their vehicle stalked and shot an unarmed black person for sport, the outrage and news media coverage would be nonstop. best one of the race baiters could come up with was he "frowns" upon it , similar to like I "frown" upon driving my vehicle in the snow without 4x4 engaged.

Anyone who doesn't think the media is biased needs to stop drinking their own bath water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies