Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think the political leanings will be of the next US president?
Republican (hard right) 10 8.62%
Republican (moderate) 23 19.83%
Democrat (moderate) 58 50.00%
Democrat (hard left) 8 6.90%
Independent 6 5.17%
I don't know 11 9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hillary Clinton is far from being a moderate left....
No she's actually is a moderate - quite middle-of-the-road. However, you may have heard otherwise because folks who are "hard right" will have great difficulty telling moderate left from hard left because of lack of perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
My thoughts are,

there is no president that will be elected that will get us out of this mess....Washington is corrupt, corrupt, corrupt, and it's going to take the people to ban together to materialize change.

I would like to see less government

a plan to get businesses going once again over here in America

A president who is going to get down and hard core on spending....that is a number one.

A president who is going to use common sense, and tackle each and every problem at the root,
meaning, you build a fence first, closing off all boarders and then revise immigration laws.

Who was the president years ago, who threatened to send out all law enforcement, arrest all illegals and send them back home to Mexico? It worked, they all went running back, like scared rabbits....

Anyway, A president who is going to come down hard and heavy on crime, and to hell with bending all the laws to suit the flavor of the month....enough is enough, build more prisions.
You don't let people out of jail simply b/c prisons are to full? My God, what is wrong with this country? They do everything backwards. That is rewarding criminals

Come down hard and heavy on people "living" on welfare and food stamps. Start revising that system but fast....there is no job to little or above me, period.

Stop this foolishness with abortion laws and leave the gays alone. They are the least of our problems right now....!!!!!!!!! If someone gets an abortion or is gay, that is between them and their God, and none of my business.

Lets straighten things out here at home before we go off into other countries telling them how to live.

Character in a President is everything...

If Hillary gets voted in, there is no hope, none. And the only person I can think of I would like to see be President, right now, is Ted Cruz...however, that still remains to be seen.

I do not trust Washington any longer....they are crooks and criminals...they talk the talk but refuse to walk the walk, and Republicans right now have gone just about as low as they can go...
how dare they side with all these Liberal Ideas that is only hurting this country.

Can't anyone think any more...? Common Sense! Both Parties are corrupt....Both Parties are corrupt!!!

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-22-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM

893 posts, read 1,207,145 times
What does left and right even mean?

What we need are people who are in the purple box (libertarians). Instead, for some reason the only people you all mostly support are the *******s that are either green, aka idiots about the economy (democrats) or yellow, aka idiots about civil rights (republicans).

Although, a case could be made that modern republicans are actually orange - idiots about BOTH civil rights AND the economy. Which makes it even worse.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No she's actually is a moderate - quite middle-of-the-road. However, you may have heard otherwise because folks who are "hard right" will have great difficulty telling moderate left from hard left because of lack of perspective.
No, I am not hard right, period, but I'm sure you don't remember what she did when her husband was president? I'm certain you don't remember how dirty both of them were before that, and that people are still in prison b/c of them. One man killed himself b/c of them....Geeze Louise, I cannot believe how uninformed people are...Seriously? She's been told to hold a low profile, and she has seperated herself from Obama for a reason.

Years ago, she tried to devise the same HealthCare that is now called ObamaCare, and I wouldn't be surprised if Obama Care is actually a whole lot of Hillary's plan.

"THEY" the powers that be and run this country, want her in....and she will get in....

Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post

What we need are people who are in the purple box (libertarians). Instead, for some reason the only people you all mostly support are the *******s that are either green, aka idiots about the economy (democrats) or yellow, aka idiots about civil rights (republicans).

Although, a case could be made that modern republicans are actually orange - idiots about BOTH civil rights AND the economy. Which makes it even worse.

You can consider me purple.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:

Strange that, since EVERY time I have taken that test I ended up in the purple box very near the center of all four boxes but yet I am not a Libertarian. I would say Libertairians do usually fall into that box but would add that there are a great deal of Moderate Independents also there.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-22-2013 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange that, since EVERY time I have taken that test I ended up in the purple box very near the center of all three boxes but yet I am not a Libertarian. I would say Libertairians do usually fall into that box but would add that there are a great deal of Moderate Independents also there.
Great Post, Geeze, there is still hope for mankind...thank you!!!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:23 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, I am not hard right, period, but I'm sure you don't remember what she did when her husband was president? I'm certain you don't remember how dirty both of them were before that, and that people are still in prison b/c of them. One man killed himself b/c of them....Geeze Louise, I cannot believe how uninformed people are...Seriously?
And you claim to not be hard right.

Quote:
What we need are people who are ...
... right at the point where the four quadrants touch each other.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I think the voters will be looking for a change thus much more conservative much like Reagan after Carter. By the time of the next election consequences for current policies will trickle down in cost to lower incomes. Democrats have no moderate to offer really as they are all retiring before Obama leaves office.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
They tell you not to time the market because no one knows what the future will bring. Guessing who'll be the next POTUS runs along the same lines.

I do think that Hillary Clinton-like Democrats (moderate left) is more likely than Joe Biden-like Democrats (hard left), much more so than Chris Christie-like Republicans (moderate right) is more likely than Paul Ryan-like Republicans (hard right). So of the first four choices, I think the hard left choice is easiest to discount, followed by the hard right choice. So I think we'll see another moderate.

Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies