Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 04:56 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In the bold. I've been saying that over and over. Few people seem to listen. Blacks have had worse unemployment rates than anyone else in the nation, no matter who the president is.
Yes, the latest is just another Fox talking point offered up out of desperation - a dogwhistle to its white dinosaur base. Such garbage always prompts at least one whole new thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Thanks for publicly confirming how liberals think. All they need is to read a title on something and that's good enough for them. No further investigation is required.
Yet, once again, it's the conservative's fault.
I did not confirm how "liberals" think. I confirmed how most people think, the title was false, own up to it.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
false hoods?

Is that a neighborhood in of itself?
So you cant actually refute what i said i see.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:36 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What welfare would that be? The programs run by the states?

Looks like we have one here who doesn't understand that many state run programs are FUNDED by the feds.

Quick, somebody............find a graph or chart!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Food stamps under Obama? Welfare under Obama? Who is responsible for creating and passing jobs bills?
Who in Congress is blocking all proposed jobs bills?
Whose voting base supports outsourcing jobs and who opposes all legislation designed to reverse that practice?
Obama runs Congress now? Sounds like "fair and balanced" Fox reporting to me.
Jobs bill? That doesn't mean any of those jobs would go to blacks -- keep in mind, Obama and the liberals intend to add 11 to 30 million illegals to the legal labor pool and are promising them family reunification so that they can start hauling in all their long lost loved ones to compete with Americans for any jobs being created.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's been that way prior to Obama being in office, so what's your point?
Why does it matter for people like you? Obama's economic policies could preside over 80% black unemployment, and you would still shrug it off, and go back to waving your pom-poms.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Yeah but the welfare is flowing, baby.
That's about how the Obama supporters see it. Who cares if people are suffering, and out of work for years at a time, as long as they can get scraps from the table, with Welfare and Food Stamps. It reminds me of the scene from A Christmas Carol.

• First Collector: At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute.
  • Ebenezer: Are there no prisons?
  • First Collector: Plenty of prisons.
  • Ebenezer: And the union workhouses - are they still in operation?
  • First Collector: They are. I wish I could say they were not.
  • Ebenezer: Oh, from what you said at first I was afraid that something had happened to stop them in their useful course. I'm very glad to hear it.
  • First Collector: I don't think you quite understand us, sir. A few of us are endeavoring to buy the poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth.
  • Ebenezer: Why?
  • First Collector: Because it is at Christmastime that want is most keenly felt, and abundance rejoices. Now what can I put you down for?
  • Ebenezer: Huh! Nothing!
  • Second Collector: You wish to be anonymous?
  • Ebenezer: [firmly, but calmly] I wish to be left alone. Since you ask me what I wish sir, that is my answer. I help to support the establishments I have named; those who are badly off must go there.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Jobs bill? That doesn't mean any of those jobs would go to blacks -- keep in mind, Obama and the liberals intend to add 11 to 30 million illegals to the legal labor pool and are promising them family reunification so that they can start hauling in all their long lost loved ones to compete with Americans for any jobs being created.
Republicans who had total control under GWB and at other times, have always complained loudly about immigration policy, and then did nothing. Why? They value it only as an election-time wedge issue. That is why it's a RW issue now under Obama. You only know what Fox tells you and nothing more.
According to the Homeland Security Office of Immigration Statistics, the unauthorized immigrant population is about 11 million, people who are already in the near-third-world wage level labor pool.
Conservative republicons do not care about illegal immigration reform, because their base might have to start paying a competitive wage. Their past inaction and current media braying and bellowing on the issue says it all. It is phony posturing based only on the fact that a Democrat is in the White House.
And again, why would a right-winger like yourself not want to create jobs? Why would you use such a lame excuse for supporting the repub obstruction of jobs legislation in Congress? Amazing...

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-26-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's about how the Obama supporters see it. Who cares if people are suffering, and out of work for years at a time, as long as they can get scraps from the table, with Welfare and Food Stamps. It reminds me of the scene from A Christmas Carol.
--------------------
Okay, I'll put this question to you.
As a good card-carrying liberal/democrat-hating conservative, why do you support outsourcing jobs, blocking Democratic job-creation initiatives in Congress, opposing legislation like the "bring jobs home" act, then say stuff akin to "liberals want people to suffer and keep them out of work"? This seems like a strange, hypocritical, and dishonest agenda on your part, no?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:44 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Okay, I'll put this question to you.
As a good card-carrying liberal/democrat-hating conservative, why do you support outsourcing jobs, blocking Democratic job-creation initiatives in Congress, opposing legislation like the "bring jobs home" act, then say stuff akin to "liberals want people to suffer and keep them out of work"? This seems like a strange, hypocritical, and dishonest agenda on your part, no?
This question doesn't make any sense in a global economy. Unless of course one supports creating artificial economic barriers such as tariffs, and taxpayer subsidized incentives. Either way, Americans (not just AAs) lose in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies