Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times

Advertisements

Al Sharpton says a lot of things that many left-leaning folks don't agree with. Confusing Al Sharpton with "The Left" is like claiming that Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton always agree with each other - it's ridiculously myopic. "The Left" includes a broad spectrum of perspective, generally opposed to the maniacal self-centeredness and avarice advocated by "The Right", but there are still many different perspectives within "The Left". The Democratic Party isn't like the fascist-like Republican Party, where if you say something that's not the precise party line you get labeled a RINO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So you agree that both sides are hypocritical; it's ridiculous to take the ranting's of the few and say the entire party aligns with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I didn't say anything remotely resembling to that. Why don't you just let my words say what I said, instead of trying to change them into something want to reply to?
Wow... and sharp as a tack. No, you didn't say anything remotely resembling that, and that was my point. If you had said something like that, you would have been exhibiting reason and honesty. Instead, you want to preserve labeling EVERY conservative based on a few wackos, yet maintain the EXACT OPPOSITE for liberals.

You are a flaming example of an unabashed hypocrite, and I would never presume you and your ilk to be anything else.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-23-2013 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Where's the free voting cards for everyone?

This reform package doesn't expand and protect voting rights, it is intended to suppress voter turnout. I wish Republicans would at least have the balls to admit their agenda, people would at least respect the honesty.
Agreed. I would appreciate their truth. Closing early voting has exactly WHAT to do with having an ID.the I guess we have finally found something that the right can stand FOR - voter suppresion.

They think everyone is too dumb to figure it out.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:35 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,679,221 times
Quote:
No, you didn't say anything remotely resembling that, and that was my point. If you had said something like that, you would have been exhibiting reason and honesty.
What an incredible structure of self-delusion you've created for yourself there. Because I didn't express the thought that you actually are capable of arguing against, I'm not being reasonable or honest. How convenient. Do you even realize how silly your claim here is? Or is your need to have something you're capable of arguing against so strong that you don't see your failure?

Quote:
I would never presume you and your ilk to be anything else.
So you've fully defended the self-delusion you've created for yourself from the impact of understanding the truth. Thanks for being honest about that. It surely is your prerogative.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Where's the free voting cards for everyone?

This reform package doesn't expand and protect voting rights, it is intended to suppress voter turnout. I wish Republicans would at least have the balls to admit their agenda, people would at least respect the honesty.
And I wish Democrats would just come out and admit their agenda of keeping people poor and dependent on welfare so they'll keep voting Democrat.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:17 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Do you understand that racism involves being prejudicial towards someone because of their race? That's a fairly key concept.

Do you think the Republicans would be trying to stop these people from voting if they voted Republican?

If you say yes, I question your honesty. If you say no, then it isn't racism.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:33 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,253,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Why don't you tell ME why you think we are too dumb or or poor to get an id just because of the color of our skin? Oh yeah, that is right, it is the typical lefty racism, where you hate us because we are black, but tell us you are here to protect us, all while thinking we are beneath you
WTH are you talking about?

Where did I say anything about anyone being too dumb? The facts remain: 1. People of different races and ages will find it difficult to impossible to meet the new restrictions on a constitutional right. 2. This is being done according to the GOP to "prevent voter fraud" and "maker voters more comfortable with the election process," despite there being no such thing as voter fraud in North Carolina.

Those are the facts. The talking points you've been given by the GOP are random rantings that make no sense whatsoever.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
You are being intellectually dishonest at best, and straight out lying at worst.

You make it seem as if some republican actually said what I have highlighted.

In reality, it's some leftie trying to rabble rouse.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
I looked at the nation link, but not the other one. But I was wondering, who was this mysterious unnamed "real honest" person claiming to speak for the entire GOP. Now I know--it's some lefty.

great job, OP.

The ECSU situation was discussed in another thread. There was no evidence that the actions were based on racism. It was claimed that the county went only went after one university--the historically black ECSU. It turned out there is really only one university in the county. The only other 'university' is a bible college with 178 students.

The story also revealed that out of 2500, ECSU students, the GOP county chair challenged about 60 registrations to vote. Of those 60, three bothered to challenge the challenge. Of those three, two kept their registrations intact, and one agreed voluntarily to be dropped from voter rolls, suggesting that there was a problem with her registration.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:34 PM

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If you grew up in Georgia, went to K-12 in Georgia, your parents live in Georgia. Just because come to my state for a few school semesters, it should not entitle you to vote in elections or on laws which will change my city and state forever. The same goes for running for political office.
Exactly so. Not a resident for community or state college tuition purposes? Then you're not a resident for the purpose of voting/running for political office. Go back to your legal domicile and vote/run for office.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Do the things the students vote for affect them during their lives spent in your state? Of course they do. Why should someone be forced to vote for an elected official or government policy in a state where they do not currently live?
Why should someone have to pay out-of-state tuition to go to a college in a town in which they currently live?

Quote:
Most states also have at least a full year required to prove student residency.
That's only before school attendance. You can't move to an out-of-state school campus (town. etc.) and begin paying resident tuition one year later. You pay out-of-state tuition for the duration of your education at the out-of-state school. That is, you're NEVER considered a state resident. Same should go for voting/running for office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies