U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 04:59 AM

17,824 posts, read 21,710,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Carter actually started the whole thing. Actually it was a must do thing because we pegged the dollar to oil so we had to get into the fray so to say. No that I'm touting the peanut man but after Nixon every prez has been on the same page.
That is true. Carter, with congressional support, began funding the Afghan Mujahideen in 1980, immediately after the USSR invaded Afghanistan. That funding lasted from 1980 through 1988, the year the USSR finally pulled out of Afghanistan. No US funding, however, was given to Osama bin Laden or his al Qaeda organization. As I previously posted, Osama bin Laden did not even arrive in Afghanistan until 1989, and he did not form al Qaeda until 1991. Osama bin Laden's funding came primarily from Saudi charities.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2013, 05:11 AM

30,416 posts, read 18,588,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Actually, they didn't. His post was correct and he presented it just fine. Were you even alive when Reagan was President? He never bowed to the dynastic head of any country, never apologized for America, never gave the Queen of England CDs she couldn't play on their system, never fostered racism by calling criminals his possible children, etc.

There's no comparison. Reagan fostered pride in America after the malaise of the Carter years. Obama has just set us back and fostered our divisions.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'll take a Reagan any day over an Obama. I want a president who believes in America.
Obama's stupidity (such as the mentioned CD incident) has been an embarassment. Reagan never embarassed himself (and by extension, Americans) that way.

Neither would it even have entered Reagan's mind to bow to kings! We rejected such supreme authority with our Declaration of Independence. Those incidents of Obama bowing to kings, tell me that Obama is clueless about our history, and the reasons which made America great, and a "new idea" for government in the history of man. Freedom is still a new idea, and only America has achieved it to any great degree; but, we are in danger of losing it, thanks to people like Obama, and his ilk, who crave the power to force their will on others, without the consent of the people.

Obama has mistaken his election to office as an approval to do as he wishes. Obama sees Congress (and the Constitution) as an obstacle.

Should Hillary run, and it is expected that she will, we will be facing the same kind of power hungry, dictatorial type of President. And, she has the same attitude as Obama with regard to other governments, and America's submission to them, as we know from her statements about free speech and not offending Islam. Hillary would allow Sharia in the U.S., which would decimate our justice system.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 AM

30,416 posts, read 18,588,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Cutting out all of the childish "us vs them" nonsense, do you really believe that there has ever been a president who DOESN'T believe in America? Honestly.
Yes! Obama!

Obama hates America, and it was his intent to "fundamentally transform" it. This has been his goal since his youth.

John Drew, his one time friend, has written about it here, Archived-Articles: Meeting Young Obama

Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 AM

17,824 posts, read 21,710,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes! Obama!

Obama hates America, and it was his intent to "fundamentally transform" it. This has been his goal since his youth.

John Drew, his one time friend, has written about it here, Archived-Articles: Meeting Young Obama
I agree. Carter may have been completely incompetent, but I still had the sense that he believed in the US and upheld the founding principles, and was a patriot. I got the sense that Clinton was merely running one of his scams on the nation, that he did not truly detest the US (except for the military). Clinton was all about himself and self-promotion, but there was no animosity towards the US.

Obama, on the other hand, has truly hated the US for a very long time. His hate is palpable.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,829,910 times
again, all statements about Obama hating America are unsupported claims. Not a single rwnj in this thread can support it.

yeah, they forget that the man ran twice for President and won; a person who hates America, wouldn't do that. They'd be inciting a rebellion. Not run for office.

How reality trumps their wild imaginations.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 AM

19,777 posts, read 12,800,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
After the second tax cut (in 1983), government revenue increased..

Are you blind? The tax-cut was 1981 and 1983. Revenue for 1982 is much lower than 1981 and 1984 and 1985 are still lower than 1981. The gains are merely the effect of inflation and population growth, which tend to increase revenue regardless of tax policy.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 AM

73,521 posts, read 40,774,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Actually, they didn't. His post was correct and he presented it just fine. Were you even alive when Reagan was President? He never bowed to the dynastic head of any country
Reagan actually did bow to the queen, but I didn't find it embarrassing at all. Why should I? Why should anyone?

Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Are you blind? The tax-cut was 1981 and 1983. Revenue for 1982 is much lower than 1981 and 1984 and 1985 are still lower than 1981. The gains are merely the effect of inflation and population growth, which tend to increase revenue regardless of tax policy.
Taxes were too high at that time and cutting them was appropriate. Let's not forget that he also removed tons of loopholes, so a lot of people who were taking advantage of the loopholes ended up with a tax hike, not a cut.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
again, all statements about Obama hating America are unsupported claims. Not a single rwnj in this thread can support it.
It is a childish claim. The only way to prove such claim would be to quote the person saying "I hate America", but obviously there is no such quote, so it is nothing but a childish claim.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM

48,507 posts, read 90,432,002 times
Obama is much like Nixion only more so in that he had a enemies list long before he got in office. The result has been much the same in scandals now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.