U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 AM

24,497 posts, read 37,577,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not going to argue the point about policies but Obama will never will be comparable to Reagan.
Many of the policies align up on a macro level. Sure, Obama has some real stupid policy, like Obamacare... but Raegan has his share of stupid policy as well.
Quote:

Reagan inspired an entire country, he brought this country together. How a leader is perceived is just as important as their policies, people need to believe in what you stand for. They need to trust you. They need to know you have their back.

When Reagan spoke it was like watching a Rocky movie as a kid, you just felt the energy and could believe in what he was saying. With Obama you get him attacking the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, that's not leadership.
In terms of a leader, Reagan was a much better president. I don't think anyone (in their right mind) would argue differently. While I agree with this, it's quite concerning how inaccurately the OP is representing both, Reagan and Obama by twisting facts.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Obama doesn't believe in America. Reagan did. That is it basically. Who do you want as your leader? I want somebody who will be on our side but the fact is I don't think Obama is. Of course that makes me a racist which is part of the problme too. We need a leader not a divider as president. A real leader. The population will follow along. Liberals don't want that though....
Refer to my previous post. It appears you have something against learning.

I even agree with you about Reagan being a better leader... but you should really represent them more accurately. Apply the context.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:14 AM

29,409 posts, read 19,991,817 times
You are trying to steer this towards a policy argument which is not the content of the thread. I'm talking about leadership.........not policy.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are trying to steer this towards a policy argument which is not the content of the thread. I'm talking about leadership.........not policy.
I'm not trying to steer it towards policy. You made statements about things that both Reagan and Obama said in your OP. But those statements are out of context. All I'm saying is to apply context to them so you get a better understanding about the two presidents. If you're going to present the two leadership styles, at least do so accurately.

I'm not saying anything about policy (except for what I said in my first post in this thread).

Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM

617 posts, read 582,876 times
Reagan was the most effective leader in my lifetime or my fathers. Reagan was the epitome of a leader. Obama is not even in the same catagory. If leadership was a horse race, Reagan would be The famous Man O War and Oabma would be the Mule outside the fence....

Old 08-23-2013, 01:19 AM

Sadly, we haven't had a quality candidate like Reagan step up in the last few elections.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:20 AM

25,273 posts, read 13,039,728 times
Quote:
I'm not going to argue the point about policies but Obama will never will be comparable to Reagan. Reagan inspired an entire country, he brought this country together. How a leader is perceived is just as important as their policies, people need to believe in what you stand for. They need to trust you. They need to know you have their back.

When Reagan spoke it was like watching a Rocky movie as a kid, you just felt the energy and could believe in what he was saying. With Obama you get him attacking the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, that's not leadership.
The above is the definition of revisionist history.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,050,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
Reagan was the most effective leader in my lifetime or my fathers. Reagan was the epitome of a leader. Obama is not even in the same catagory. If leadership was a horse race, Reagan would be The famous Man O War and Oabma would be the Mule outside the fence....

Old 08-23-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'm not trying to steer it towards policy. You made statements about things that both Reagan and Obama said in your OP. But those statements are out of context. All I'm saying is to apply context to them so you get a better understanding about the two presidents. If you're going to present the two leadership styles, at least do so accurately.

I'm not saying anything about policy (except for what I said in my first post in this thread).
I'm sorry but your post makes no sense. The context of the two in question are out of context but they are the context of the entire thread. I guess I may be out of context soon. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL Well first time in my own thread I guess.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The above is the definition of revisionist history.
A poll?? Did you even read what this thread was about? I guess not. Go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.