U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 AM

17,824 posts, read 21,313,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Times are different but much the same. Country was in a mess back then and now. Carter left it for Reagan and Bush left it for Obama. So what does a leader do?? Reagan went out and told the world how great America was and will be at every chance. The American dream can be achieved. He took on the biggest threat not with a war but with idea's. The wall came down and that made every liberal very upset. Why they can't even tell anyone. Reagan spoke of responsibility, accountability, family and country something liberals can't ever imagine. A great leader. A man who loved his country

Now we go to Obama. After being elected he goes on an apology tour across the world telling of how America is wrong, tells us all that we didn't build anything the government did and divides the country on every issue he can think of. There is no American dream just evil people who are trying to steal everything from you. Most important to the great Obama is taking our guns, gay weddings and wars on women according to him. Obama cares nothing about America, he despises it being here even though he is the greatest recipient of this country.

Reagan was a great leader. Obama a divider.

Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89 - YouTube
The country was indeed a mess then as now. One thing both messes had in common was a Democrat controlled Congress which proceeded and created the mess in the first place.

Obama is what happens when an Affirmative Action Community Organizer is elected President. Reagan was at least a two-term governor of a large State with executive experience.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 AM

29,409 posts, read 19,976,784 times
Reagan changed peoples attitudes though. He made them believe in the US. We were in dire times back then. Remember the US hockey team beating the commies? Now that wasn't Reagan but dammit the whole country was all over that. Hell if that happened nowdays Obama would test em all for drugs so as to make i fair to the friggen world. It's just friggen pathetic anymore.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,035,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The country was indeed a mess then as now. One thing both messes had in common was a Democrat controlled Congress which proceeded and created the mess in the first place.

Obama is what happens when an Affirmative Action Community Organizer is elected President. Reagan was at least a two-term governor of a large State with executive experience.
I think many underestimate the value of executive experience in the public arena. Its quite disturbing that Obama literally had zero leadership experience when he was elected. This guy was literally hired for the color of his skin, which makes him the most preeminent Affirmative Action hire the nation has ever seen.

If the election of Obama is not the perfect example of the failure of Affirmative Action, then I don't know what is.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 AM

25,259 posts, read 13,020,918 times
Quote:
A poll?? Did you even read what this thread was about? I guess not. Go away.
I responded to a specific comment, not the thread at large. The claim was made that Reagan was not divisive and so some great leader when in reality he had fights with congress and was basically hovering between 50 and 45 for the majority of his first term hitting a low of 33%.

Republicans and conservatives have tried to rewrite the book on Reagan as if he had no opposition, that is untrue.

Also, that chart is the approval ratings of Reagan vs Obama, it also shows the other presidents of recent memory .

Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 AM

You make an excellent point but Obama could have gotten over all that by being a leader. He simply is not. Why anyone would want the CIC of the US to not actually love his country is beyond me. Now I'm not saying he doesn't love his country but I've never heard the man say anything close to it and see his actions prove the opposite.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think many underestimate the value of executive experience in the public arena. Its quite disturbing that Obama literally had zero leadership experience when he was elected. This guy was literally hired for the color of his skin, which makes him the most preeminent Affirmative Action hire the nation has ever seen.

If the election of Obama is not the perfect example of the failure of Affirmative Action, then I don't know what is.
John McCain had 0 executive experience as well, So basically, you are just showing that you dont care about executive experience, you just want your side of the aisle in charge.

You dont have to make up excuses to why you want a republican in office.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:38 AM

33,890 posts, read 22,187,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Obama isn't the divider. its the nutcase gop who are the dividers. rather than compromise on trying to grow the economy, they rather focus on legislating reproductive rights of women, redefine "rape", and provide no alternative to the horrendous health care situation in our country.

Permission from the state to kill your child is not a "reproductive right" as reproduction is being canceled and no one has the right to end another's life simply because after doing everything they need to do to become pregnant, they decide they don't want to be pregnant.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
You make an excellent point but Obama could have gotten over all that by being a leader. He simply is not. Why anyone would want the CIC of the US to not actually love his country is beyond me. Now I'm not saying he doesn't love his country but I've never heard the man say anything close to it and see his actions prove the opposite.
Really, what actions would those be ?

41,823 posts, read 44,945,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The above is the definition of revisionist history.

1984:

2012:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I responded to a specific comment, not the thread at large. The claim was made that Reagan was not divisive and so some great leader when in reality he had fights with congress and was basically hovering between 50 and 45 for the majority of his first term hitting a low of 33%.

Republicans and conservatives have tried to rewrite the book on Reagan as if he had no opposition, that is untrue.

Also, that chart is the approval ratings of Reagan vs Obama, it also shows the other presidents of recent memory .
Show me a leadership poll or a love the country poll and get back to me. I can post multiple speeches where the great one responded as such. You show me some speeches where Obama talks of his love for the US which he is president of. I will await your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.