Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

This thread isnt' about "policy" like I have said. Don't try and hijack the thing.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Reagan was a great president and leader. obama is neither. Looking at a couple comments here shows us how little the left understands anything but division and hatred.
A great leader is correct. His policies can be debated and I admit as so. Obama however is not a great leader or champion of the US which IMO he should be. That is the question I am posing but the liberals seem to want to avoid.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes the point is Reagan spoke about the greatness of America, the "light" etc. We were coming out of some bad times when he became president. Contrast to Obama..............?? I can't remember a speech Obama made that called out how great America is and I can't remember a speech Reagan had that didn't do that very thing. I'm not talking about policy but attitude. Reagan got the US back on course so to say. The US was the greatest country in the world and he told everybody about it.
Exactly. Barack Obama does not sincerely believe we are the greatest country on the planet. It shows....in his actions....and in his words. When he said he wanted to "fundamentally change America," he meant that who we are and what we stand for needed to be rearranged to fit the regressive progressive ideal that America is antithetical to everything that is good in this world.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Reagan belived in America. He believed in the people. I'm not arguing his policies were right or wrong. The man was a great president. Obama thinks America is wrong. That is where the problem is. Show me where Obama has spoken about America like Reagan did? The "light" of the world so to say which the US is. Now if you don't believe that then you are on Obama's level. The US was ready to go down in '80 and Reagan brought us back with his policies (not gonna debate that in this thread) and mostly his attitude that the US is great. First thing the man did was get our hostages back. USA........USA......USA.......we need that attitude back and Obama isn't bringing it.
Go back to your first post and put everything in context. You'll see how twisted the OP is.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In terms of policy, they did just about the same thing.
I'm not going to argue the point about policies but Obama will never will be comparable to Reagan. Reagan inspired an entire country, he brought this country together. How a leader is perceived is just as important as their policies, people need to believe in what you stand for. They need to trust you. They need to know you have their back.

When Reagan spoke it was like watching a Rocky movie as a kid, you just felt the energy and could believe in what he was saying. With Obama you get him attacking the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, that's not leadership.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 AM

First post is there. You tell me how twisted it is. I don't have to read it I wrote it.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not going to argue the point about policies but Obama will never will be comparable to Reagan. Reagan inspired an entire country, he brought this country together. How a leader is perceived is just as important as their policies, people need to believe in what you stand for. They need to trust you. They need to know you have their back.

When Reagan spoke it was like watching a Rocky movie as a kid, you just felt the energy and could believe in what he was saying. With Obama you get him attacking the Supreme Court during a State of the Union address, that's not leadership.
That is the point I'm trying to get across. Now some of these folks probably weren't around when old Ron was the prez so I put up that clip of his. Of course they won't watch that either. Like you say he brought the country back from what happened prior like we are in now. Obama is just making it worse or status quo and he doesn't seem to care. That is the big difference. Huge difference.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
First post is there. You tell me how twisted it is. I don't have to read it I wrote it.
I'm not asking you to read it. I'm telling you that you're regurgitating things out of context in a manner that puts a spin on it. Put it in context. That's all. It's not that complicated that someone should have to spell it out to you.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Yep.

More specifically, I blame the Obamacare vote as the single most important day in the unraveling of the Barack Obama Presidency.

It showed the world his lack of leadership....the ability to easily push him around.....his propensity to ignore 50% of America at all costs.....and ultimately was the beginning of the trust deficit this President has fomented since that pivotal day.

When he lost half of the nations trust, his Presidency went right down the drain.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 AM

Obama doesn't believe in America. Reagan did. That is it basically. Who do you want as your leader? I want somebody who will be on our side but the fact is I don't think Obama is. Of course that makes me a racist which is part of the problme too. We need a leader not a divider as president. A real leader. The population will follow along. Liberals don't want that though....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies