Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

There's no comparison. Reagan fostered pride in America after the malaise of the Carter years. Obama has just set us back and fostered our divisions.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'll take a Reagan any day over an Obama. I want a president who believes in America.
Obama has just set us back and fostered our divisions.
In what ways?

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'll take a Reagan any day over an Obama.
Right, wrong or indifferent?

I want a president who believes in America
Cutting out all of the childish "us vs them" nonsense, do you really believe that there has ever been a president who DOESN'T believe in America? Honestly.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:55 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Reagan gave money and weapons to Osama Bin Laden, Obama ordered a bullet to his skull
Different scenario back then - nobody knew who Osama Bin Laden was, he was among the many rebels back in the early to mid 1980s, who were considered "allies" of the United States in Afghanistan because they were fighting the Russians who invaded their country.

With the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's leadership, who are KNOWN enemies of the United States, Obama gave them F-16s, tanks, plus billions in aid. Where's the common sense in this?

Old 08-23-2013, 04:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Obama has just set us back and fostered our divisions.
In what ways?

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'll take a Reagan any day over an Obama.
Right, wrong or indifferent?

I want a president who believes in America
Cutting out all of the childish "us vs them" nonsense, do you really believe that there has ever been a president who DOESN'T believe in America? Honestly.
1) Apology tour and international indecision. His "could be my son" and "could have been me 35 years ago" remarks, beer summits, etc.

2) Yes! At least Reagan had some redeeming qualities.

3) Yes. Obama!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If never having had a real job and voting "present" instead of taking a stance is the stuff of a good resume then you have a real displaced sense of success.
You're right. I mean who cares that Obama graduated from two of the most prestigious schools in the world while Reagan only got his B.A from some little pissant school, or that Obama was a practicing attorney in Constitutional law while Reagan was an actor.

I know who I would vote for!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I don't know if nutcase is necessarily the right word, BUT "A One Woman Comedy Show" is pretty accurate:
As Hillary would say, "What difference does it make?" BTW, I bet she knows how to pronounce the word "Corpsman."

Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're right. I mean who cares that Obama graduated from two of the most prestigious schools in the world while Reagan only got his B.A from some little pissant school, or that Obama was a practicing attorney in Constitutional law while Reagan was an actor.

Of course you do. And I'm sure you did.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:

Reagan was also the governor of the most populous state for 8 years. Did Obama have any type of governor job ("community organizer" doesn't count!).

Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Different scenario back then - nobody knew who Osama Bin Laden was, he was among the many rebels back in the early to mid 1980s, who were considered "allies" of the United States in Afghanistan because they were fighting the Russians who invaded their country.

With the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's leadership, who are KNOWN enemies of the United States, Obama gave them F-16s, tanks, plus billions in aid. Where's the common sense in this?
Reagan apologist.

Osama Bin Laden was a Muslim radical when he received aid from Reagan

Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Reagan vs Obama
I liked reagan, but his presidency was marred by out of control defecit spending and serious foreign policy mistakes like selling missiles to people who hated us (Iran) and CIA running drugs to finance terrorists (contras). I do not consider supporting Mujjahaden in Afghanistan a mistake, because the intentions were right.

As for the economy, Obama has proposed (twice) what Reagan did (lower corporate tax and cut loopholes), but the proposals were rejected both times by his opponents.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-23-2013 at 05:54 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 05:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Really? That's funny considering Obama's resume is superior by a factor of about, oh, a thousand.

Ah so, you funny man. Wake up to reality. Obama can't come close to Reagan. Reagan was ten times the President Obama will ever be. Obama will rank with the worst ever in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies