Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
No doubt some of the stories are not true about her. The one where she took notes from POW's then turned them over to the NV was debunked a long time ago. Doesn't change the fact she went behind enemy lines to visit the VC.
Doesn't change the fact that we were the attackers in a useless, costly, unnecessary war of choice either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
I really don't understand the "we" inference regarding the North Vietnamese as "our enemy" they were of little to no concern to any of us until our government made their war our own. Vietnam was just another grab for power that U.S. interests thought would make economic sense, and if they just couched the whole thing as being "in our interest" everybody would be ok with it, it wasn't, and therefore Fonda's actions are pertinent only to her. As for the theatre owner I say he should be allowed to do whatever he wants, after all, isn't that supposed to be part of our "freedom"?

Personally I feel bad for anybody in war that gets killed, maimed, or imprisoned, no matter the "side". But this country should have learned from it's past mistakes with the military venturing that has become our trademark face to the world. The POW,s were certainly mistreated, and the N.Viets were no angels, so what are we to think all these years later when the vitriol comes down from the side of those who supported the senseless U.S. intervention there?

Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
I was a fan of Jane Fonda before I ever knew about her anti-American past. When I found out I had to separate Jane Fonda the actress and Jane Fonda the human being. I'm sure it would be different if I had been around when she was in the spotlight, and would never have gotten to like her to begin with.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
A Kentucky Movie Theater owner who trained pilots for the Vietnam War is refusing to show the hit movie The Butler because it features Jane Fonda.
Is it time to forget??
Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies
No.

She's an unAmerican pig who should have been tried for treason.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
You'd have to have been living then, when the media would show her in Veitnam kissing up to the North and the vile actions she did and said about the military personell. And what she came back over here and said and done to show every one how she was against the war and how wrong America was to be there. I made me sick and I still can't stand the sight of her. I am sure there is someplace on the internet to find her back then. No I don't forgive her for anything she did...

Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

She's an unAmerican pig who should have been tried for treason.
Here she is, wearing an image of herself from that time, promoting the move, "The Butler". No joke.
Attached Thumbnails
Won't show Fonda film in my theater!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by hellpaso; 08-23-2013 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: She's "sorry"? My arse!

Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Hanoi Jane was a young, idealistic idiot who went too far in her protest ambitions. Still in all, as a veteran, I won't pay a penny to see anything she appears in.

From some of the comments here, even today, some are just as dumb even though they likely weren't even alive back then. They just think they know everything anyway.

Ah, youth!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 08-23-2013 at 08:05 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 08:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
This is hilarious.

I'm sure this dude shows all kinds of garbage at his theater. 99.999% of "movies" are just that.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The liberal left is smacking the Vietnam vets in the face again!! And what is worse , they know it and want to; just like in the 70's. The hollywood liberals are laughing at it believe me.

Communist Jane helped the enemy when our boys were being killed and tortured.. she should be tried for treason.. not placed in a movie role of Nancy Reagan.

Let's get a KKK member David Duke playing Martin Luther King in black face. Just as appalling.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Hard to forget something like this. She brought this upon herself.
Hard for who? Certainly not people who have no idea what you are talking about. And how many years ago was this? That was your lifetime not theirs. Some people who may want to see that movie weren't even born yet. How stupid is that. It must be old people who run that theater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies