Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Is this overkill? I mean, seriously. Luckily he wasn't charged as he could have faced a 1st degree misdemeanor with 3 years probation and a $2,500 fine. I placed it here instead of the pro football forum, because this ties in with the nanny state that this country is turning into. Here is the link to the article below.

Dad kicked out of Arizona Cardinals NFL game vs Dallas Cowboys after asking son to hold beer

Discuss.
The bigger story is that there were actually people in the stands to witness it. Who goes to a Cardinals preseason game and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Please show proof where I said it was OK to provide the kid with booze, or where there was proof that the dad was doing so. Holding a beer for his dad so that he can take a picture is quite different than providing booze to his kid. I would think you'd know the difference. So unless you can show proof that the dad was actually contributing to the delinquency of a minor your post is a fail, and is an attempt at a back handed insult and baseless ASSumptions.
Apparently you'd buy any excuse, which is my point exactly. You think it is ok as long as you have an excuse like "oh, he was just holding it for me". How gullible can you get?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
You can let your kid drink a beer if you the parent are there.

At least it use to be that way... Who the hell knows now, with all the freedom grabbing we don't even know about, going on.

Give a beer to a kid that is use to kool-ade and cokes, and tell them to take a sip, and it will be a very long time before they have another sip.
My daughter can't stand the taste... Now moms strawberry Margarita.... That is an entirely different story.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The bigger story is that there were actually people in the stands to witness it. Who goes to a Cardinals preseason game and why?
There were a lot of Dallas fans at this one. Of course, they went home whipped and humbled (again).

Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You can let your kid drink a beer if you the parent are there.

At least it use to be that way... Who the hell knows now, with all the freedom grabbing we don't even know about, going on.

Give a beer to a kid that is use to kool-ade and cokes, and tell them to take a sip, and it will be a very long time before they have another sip.
My daughter can't stand the taste... Now moms strawberry Margarita.... That is an entirely different story.
It's a state by state thing and not in Arizona. I think you can in Wisconsin though. So much for liberal versus conservative, huh? When it comes to sin, the roles about who limits what get reversed.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
I can't wait until it's actually not a beer, but a soda or something equally innocuous. Then they could take the badges, state, team, and nfl straight to the cleaners.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:07 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
America is dead ! This is just the beginning of this Liberal BS .
Funny how you jump to blame libs for the nazi roles that are far more common to the right.

If you recall, voter suppression and invasion of vaginas are all from the right, just to scratch the surface

Old 08-24-2013, 04:34 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Power trip by the people that tossed him out.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's a state by state thing and not in Arizona. I think you can in Wisconsin though. So much for liberal versus conservative, huh? When it comes to sin, the roles about who limits what get reversed.

In Texas, the law states that you have to be 21 to purchase.

Parent supervised has never been questioned.

Now, if they get into the liquor cabinet while your not there, and then do something stupid, but what usually happens is a friend is there to get in trouble with, or when the friend goes home.

There maybe some backlash, but never an arrest or even a fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies