Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 11:30 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
"Tough luck" is a cop out. This is my perspective on it. I am going to fight against the idea of "innocent must suffer for the guilty". "Tough luck" basically tells me "I don't care what happens to you, not my problem". I care because it is me at the end of the day who will be in problems. I care because as long as I'm living in this society, I demand to be treated just like anyone else.
I'll stick with tough luck. You can't 'demand' that a person not cross the street, lock car doors, clutch a pocketbook, etc. if they're wary of black men.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'll stick with tough luck. You can't 'demand' that a person not cross the street, lock car doors, clutch a pocketbook, etc. if they're wary of black men.
Well, until there is anything that helps me, or gets me a situation where I am treated fairly, then that "tough luck" is a cop out to me. I call it a cop out because Blacks have been hated in America from day one. How do I know this isn't a continuation of prejudice that never died out from the old days?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Well, until there is anything that helps me, or gets me a situation where I am treated fairly, then that "tough luck" is a cop out to me. I call it a cop out because Blacks have been hated in America from day one. How do I know this isn't a continuation of prejudice that never died out from the old days?
Of course there's prejudice. What you want me to do. Carry a sign saying Don't Fear Black Men. Sponsor a National Change Color for a Day.

You happen to live where even someone like Jesse Jackson has a general wariness of black men. You can demand, stomp your feet, ask the same question a zillion times, and it's still, tough luck.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
It doesn't matter what so ever if they are black or not black. They are losers regardless. This is more of an issue about psychotic teenagers who should have been aborted in the first place.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Of course there's prejudice. What you want me to do. Carry a sign saying Don't Fear Black Men. Sponsor a National Change Color for a Day.

You happen to live where even someone like Jesse Jackson has a general wariness of black men. You can demand, stomp your feet, ask the same question a zillion times, and it's still, tough luck.
Well, I don't care what Jesse Jackson has to say. At the end of the day, I worry about me. I've done nothing to warrant other people fearing me. Therefore, I feel that my merit should be my defining factor. My merit should come first. Let whatever some other things did stick to them. Let them do the time for their crimes, do not take it out on me. I am going to continue to think like that because of the history of this country, and because at the end of the day, I'm an individualist. I can't stop some thugs from acting like fools because they won't listen to me. They will either laugh, or beat me up. I have me to worry about.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
It doesn't matter if they are black or not. They are losers regardless.
Thank you. Why not just concentrate on the fact that these are losers who don't seem to care if they do prison time. What do you with anyone with a nihilist mentality?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 PM

So even if we all agree that only black people playing this retarded game, does it make any difference?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
So even if we all agree that only black people playing this retarded game, does it make any difference?
Even if it were only Black people, it should never make a difference. Lock up the perps who do that crap. You do the crime, you do the time. My philosophy is this. Let what those thugs do stick to them,and only them. Black people who aren't committing any crimes or who aren't playing "the knockout game", do not let the actions of thugs who happen to be Black stick to the Black persons who are doing right.

That is what worries me. There are those who feel like the actions of Black thugs should stick to the rest of the Black population.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Even if it were only Black people, it should never make a difference. Lock up the perps who do that crap. You do the crime, you do the time. My philosophy is this. Let what those thugs do stick to them,and only them. Black people who aren't committing any crimes or who aren't playing "the knockout game", do not let the actions of thugs who happen to be Black stick to the Black persons who are doing right.

That is what worries me. There are those who feel like the actions of Black thugs should stick to the rest of the Black population.

I always believed in personal responsibility. You Green Mariner are not responsible for what other black people are doing unless it's you own child. Just like I am not responsible for the crimes of other white people.
But I think people, and you know this, see and hear about this and it is easy to associate a certain race with certain crimes. Like I have a tendency to associate child molesters with white middle aged males. Almost to the point I would not let one babysit my children. I don't like to think this way and it is not fare to anybody sense most of us are innocent.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Nah, you scared. Go to a boxing gym and fight like a real man. Cowards sucker punch.

Why you scared to get beat up? And you go with your crew.

Guarantee that you would be too scared to do this one on one.
Whatever you say dude. I will let you tell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies