Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 PM

537 posts, read 739,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The key word is may, I am not stupid, I would only shoot if I felt my life was in danger or threat of great bodily harm.
How you gonna know what constitutes "great bodily harm" if some punk is sidling up to you? You could shout "BACK OFF!!" or "GET AWAY FROM ME!" with your hand on your gun or blade, and then feel free to open up on them as they continue approaching you.

Personally, I consider a bruise or the possibility of a bruise "great bodily harm" if it occurs during an assault. I get the benefit of doubt -- not the punk. Hesitation breeds headlines.

The Gene Pool Lifeguard is ON DUTY.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:06 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even if it were only Black people, it should never make a difference. Lock up the perps who do that crap. You do the crime, you do the time. My philosophy is this. Let what those thugs do stick to them,and only them. Black people who aren't committing any crimes or who aren't playing "the knockout game", do not let the actions of thugs who happen to be Black stick to the Black persons who are doing right.
Human nature is human nature. I personally haven't been affected by this 'game', but if it happens enough to the point that I fear I might be, then wouldn't crossing the street be a natural human response to a perceived threat? Whether the threat exists in reality is not the point. It's what people perceive.

See, I agree that racism is taught. But racism is also learned, too, and it's sometimes learned by real-life interaction with people. That's something nobody wants to talk about, but that's just a fact. I'm not defending blanket prejudice, but if people want to have a meaningful dialogue on race then both sides - blacks and whites and people of all races - have to be willing to listen to blunt truths. I accept that there's a lot of black hatred and that institutionalized racism has had devastating, long-term consequences on generations of African Americans. Whites should accept that, and too many of them don't want to. But I also think that some African Americans seem unwilling to acknowledge how behavior that people see in their communities - like this 'game' - can have blow back.

Quote:
That is what worries me. There are those who feel like the actions of Black thugs should stick to the rest of the Black population.
We don't live in a world of 'should'; we live in a world of 'is' and 'isn't'. If it's just a handful of African Americans doing this, people are going to dismiss it. If it's hundreds across the country, and if their behavior inspires more violence that isn't uploaded, then that's a something else altogether. At this point, I'm not entirely convinced that this fad is as widespread as some are making it out to be, but it could easily get out of control.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:16 PM

79 posts, read 63,964 times
Default The "knock-out game" by thugs

What suggestions would you have to stop this from growing at unstoppable rates?

What do you suppose would happen if it were whites doing it to black old ladies?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:23 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
What suggestions do I have?1. Be aware of your surroundings. 2. If they hit you, try to be as far away as possible so it's more of a glancing blow, then close the gap and give them everything you got regardless of age.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Mebbie it's not just blacks.
Post one of the videos (or reports) of the white kids doin' it.
Long article about a bill to deal with the knockout game in NY. Lots of references to youths, teens, boys in the article. Not once does it use the word b_ _ _ k in reference to attackers. As if race didn't matter.

New York Lawmaker Targets ‘Knockout Game’ With New Bill « CBS New York

Old 11-21-2013, 08:39 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
I would imagine that 5 or 6 of these punks getting shot and killed would take care of the problem.

Kids need to learn that actions have consequences.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Long article about a bill to deal with the knockout game in NY. Lots of references to youths, teens, boys in the article. Not once does it use the word b_ _ _ k in reference to attackers. As if race didn't matter.

New York Lawmaker Targets ‘Knockout Game’ With New Bill « CBS New York
Well, it really doesn't matter.
Anybody doing this should be treated like the animal they are.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well, it really doesn't matter.
Anybody doing this should be treated like the animal they are.
I agree, anyone doing this is a ****ing animal, I don't care what color they are... the whole premise makes me sick and enraged.......

Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 922 times
Quote:
How about just young punks, period. How does being Black make a person jump others?
Cause young white punks or young Asian punks aren't the culprits. Young black punks they own it.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrymore View Post
Cause young white punks or young Asian punks aren't the culprits. Young black punks they own it.
And why does a person's race matter if they are committing a crime? If a person did it, they did it. Their race does not determine if they are going to do that. That is why I say "punks" and not "Black punks". Because if they do the crimes, it really doesn't matter what color they are. What matters is that those punks are doing such dreadful behavior.

Again, you ignore my question. How does being Black cause someone to act like a thug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies