Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Probably because of your opening statement...

...Leads us to believe you're not a Democrat.
And? So what if I'm not? Nothing wrong with being a Republican, nothing wrong with being a Democratic either. Maybe I'm actually independent? Maybe I could be anything?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Little Europe View Post
Florida do as I do. That "black history month" I make sure my kids get a dose of reality and not the puff pieces of history the schools teach. They learn the truth about MLK and other radicals like him,they learn about the black panther party and the new black panther party,the NAACP and their race baiting tactics etc...they learn REAL black history. Its EVERY parents job to not only know and be involved with what their child is being taught but to teach them at home as well. I do both and will continue to do so.
I really feel sorry for your kids. Your lack of knowledge of black history is exceeded only by your lack of connection to reality.

MLK was certainly a radical. Wanting every American to have the same rights and opportunities was and is certainly a radical idea to some Americans.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM

255 posts, read 219,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
First I should mention that I think all history months based around a group of people is stupid. Why can't history just be taught as history? Why do people (mainly liberals) feel the need to put labels on people and put them in boxes?

I think there's a double standard in our society. It's not racist for black history month to exist, but people would freak out if somebody tried to make a white history month, it's not racist for black people to be proud of being black, but it's considered racist if a white person is proud to be white?

Why is this?
Because they are jealous and wish they were white too.

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Why are you calling me a Republican? Not saying that I may not be one, just curious as to why you are making a statement like that when I haven't made stated any of my political leanings in this thread?
You took the "R" as representing Republican? Ok, that will work, if that shoe also fits

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
I don't see your point... Just because the founders happened to be all white isn't discrimination, black people in this country are Americans too, so why wouldn't they take pride in the founding of the nation? Because they were white? Because your ancestors were slaves at the time? None of that matters today as you are enjoying the freedoms of living in such a great place.

You could be living in Mexico or another 3rd world place such as Africa, but you're here, like the rest of us, and your history is already American history, why try to change that?

I honestly think black history month was just created by overly political correct liberals for the purpose of dividing people. We should be doing the opposite, uniting everyone.
I will try this again.
Grab a history book from your typical American school and 95% of the folks mentioned in that book are WHITE! That's just a fact. US history is predominantly WHITE history. period. You can't get around that those are just facts. Its not discriminatory its simply factual. This country was founded and built by white men. So any US History is going to be dominated by whites. Nothing wrong with that, its just the way it is. Black history is simply a method of introducing the public to black figures in our history that our overshadowed by White History. Again, its not discrimination its just facts.

BTW, I am white and I don't take offense to Black History Month because I realize what it is.. an enlightenment not a poke in the eye that some folks seem to take from it!

Old 08-23-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Florida do as I do. That "black history month" I make sure my kids get a dose of reality and not the puff pieces of history the schools teach. They learn the truth about MLK and other radicals like him,they learn about the black panther party and the new black panther party,the NAACP and their race baiting tactics etc...they learn REAL black history. Its EVERY parents job to not only know and be involved with what their child is being taught but to teach them at home as well. I do both and will continue to do so.
I don't think MLK was a radical. He was a man of peace. The Black Panthers are definitely radical and pretty dangerous in fact, I remember they tried to do voter intimidation in New York. The NAACP is just a racist joke of a college, anyone who denies this is a racist fool themselves.

There are plenty of great black people in our history like Frederick Douglas, MLK etc... Who I want to be taught in the same way as Jefferson and Washington. Just teach it all as American History, why separate it?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why would right-wingers hate themselves?
I'd be careful about generalizing/stereotyping if I were you. It makes you appear to be the racist one. I am a conservative and I don't hate blacks or any other minorities who are loyal to our country as we all should be. See how that works?

Calling everyone on the right a white supremist is ridiculous and you know it.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
If you are also teaching them about the many contributions of Blacks in our society I would say it is ok, if not then I would have to say you are only passing on your own "issues" to the next generation and the cycle continues.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd be careful about generalizing/stereotyping if I were you. It makes you appear to be the racist one. I am a conservative and I don't hate blacks or any other minorities who are loyal to our country as we all should be. See how that works?

Calling everyone on the right a white supremist is ridiculous and you know it.
Agreed. They should be more open minded and tolerant like they claim to be.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Agreed. They should be more open minded and tolerant like they claim to be.
Says the person who's entire thread is based on Bull$%$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies