Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This I do not understand. This creep was Army property. He goes nuts on post, freely admits to being an infiltrator on a mission, and it takes this long to convict? UCMJ is generally a bit more....forthriight...than this. His was hardly a crime within tbe jurisdiction of civilian courts, his hairy azz belonged to the Army. So, how did this clown get so much latitude in a defense, that would not even come close to being afforded to a lowly, mud rolling, Staff SGT? Hell, I can't even see an O4 being granted the latitude this vermin received. Sheezh! ESPECIALLY an officer!

Hasan shoulda faced a fireing squad at sunrise no later than 30 days after tribunal. Espionage, terrorism, treason, cold blooded murder of fellow soldiers, aid and comfort to the enemy, and the list goes on.

Since he belonged to the Army, just HOW did this guy delay justice for so long? It makes zero sense...
The Army was fully aware of Hasan and his Islamist ideology. The FBI tracked his emails and knew of his associations. The US Military just kicked the Hasan problem from post to post ..... everyone was afraid to make a stink about him. Political Correctness ruled the day and 13 people died for it.
After all that - nobody should be surprised that the trial took over 2 and a half years to make it to a court room. Different rules for Nidal Hasan from beginning to end ..... just because he is a Muslim.

Lock him in a small cell and loose the key. Deny him that which he desires most - martyrdom and a celebrity status for murdering the infidels on their own Military base.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Today a US soldier named Robert Bales was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the premeditated murder of 16 innocent civilians, mostly women and children. If Hasan's sentence is any harsher than that it will prove to the world that the United States considers dead American soldiers to be worth more than innocent Muslim civilians.

If people are going to label Hasan a terrorist than that label must also be applied to the US soldiers that have commited war crimes and atrocities against people in Iraq and Afghanistan, including scumbags like Bales.
Bales entered a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, a common occurance in American judicial practices. That aside, one event occurred under the stress of a combat-duty assignment while the other occurred in a garrison environment. The military has higher expectations of stability of their officers than they do enlisted, to include NCO's. There are extenuating circumstances that make these two events non-comparable. That said, I hope Hasan gets life too. Although it has nothing to do with equity, I want it because he wants death so he can be a martyr.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM

947 posts, read 1,401,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hope they give him life in prison, just because he wants death. Too bad they can't because of rank, but it would be real sweet if he could be Bradley/Chelsea Manning's roommate.
It would be even sweeter if Bradley/Chelsea were required to give Major Hassan a lap dance every day until one or both of them would start shouting, "My wiki is leaking!"

Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
It would be even sweeter if Bradley/Chelsea were required to give Major Hassan a lap dance every day until one or both of them would start shouting, "My wiki is leaking!"
Well, since Hasan is paralyzed, I doubt he or "Chelsea" would be very satisfied.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Bales entered a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, a common occurance in American judicial practices. That aside, one event occurred under the stress of a combat-duty assignment while the other occurred in a garrison environment. The military has higher expectations of stability of their officers than they do enlisted, to include NCO's. There are extenuating circumstances that make these two events non-comparable. That said, I hope Hasan gets life too. Although it has nothing to do with equity, I want it because he wants death so he can be a martyr.
Was Hasan given a chance to plead guilty and avoid the death penalty?

IMO, murder is murder being in a stressful environment is no excuse and the officer vs. enlisted distinction is complete BS.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I choose feeding to hungry starved pigs for the win Alex.
I saw that movie.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Since he is paralyzed, a life sentence could be his worse fear. He might just be kept alive. Meanwhile, since he needs everything done for him I think that all his "attendants" should be female. That will rankle him.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This I do not understand. This creep was Army property. He goes nuts on post, freely admits to being an infiltrator on a mission, and it takes this long to convict? UCMJ is generally a bit more....forthriight...than this. His was hardly a crime within tbe jurisdiction of civilian courts, his hairy azz belonged to the Army. So, how did this clown get so much latitude in a defense, that would not even come close to being afforded to a lowly, mud rolling, Staff SGT? Hell, I can't even see an O4 being granted the latitude this vermin received. Sheezh! ESPECIALLY an officer!

Hasan shoulda faced a fireing squad at sunrise no later than 30 days after tribunal. Espionage, terrorism, treason, cold blooded murder of fellow soldiers, aid and comfort to the enemy, and the list goes on.

Since he belonged to the Army, just HOW did this guy delay justice for so long? It makes zero sense...
its simple. hasan constantly fired his attorneys because they refused to do what he wanted, and that was to allow him to plead guilty to the crimes. the court finally told hasan that he had to have his day in court and that he couldnt plead guilty. hasan then choose to defend himself, but the court required that the appointed attorneys stay on as advisers to hasan since hasan had no legal training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Little Europe
Seriously put yourselves in his shoes. The army that's supposed to defend this nation is used to murder women,children and the elderly of his religion and race. What in the world did people expect!? I mean this is like giving a candy bar to a child that loves candy and not expecting them to eat it. The government murdered his people he returns the favor and now he is in trouble. Despite what people in this country think we aren't special and we can't just get away with killing people for no reason and for fun as well. Kill them and they will fight back.He fought back and now he will die for his efforts to end the slaughter of his people.He is a martyr.
alright lets put ourselves in hasans shoes shall we? he didnt like the fact that the US military was fighting "his people" and he wanted to do something about it. what he should have done is resigned his commission and joined the other side openly. instead what he choose to do is stay in the army, and kill or attempt to kill his fellow soldiers. that not only makes him a murder, but a traitor, and possibly a spy as well since he had declared himself after the fact that he had in fact joined the other side. if he is found to have supplied intelligence to the enemy, he needs to be executed for spying.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Since he is paralyzed, a life sentence could be his worse fear. He might just be kept alive. Meanwhile, since he needs everything done for him I think that all his "attendants" should be female. That will rankle him.
I am uninterested in what he does or doesn't fear, or what "rankles" him.

Because of what he did, he should be removed completely from existence with civilized humans on this Earth. That means Death Penalty.

And since we are at war with radical militant Islamists who might use his death as a tool ("martyrdom") against us, he should get it in a way that most discourages that.

The Pershing Doctrine applies.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post31097478

Old 08-23-2013, 03:29 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Was Hasan given a chance to plead guilty and avoid the death penalty?

IMO, murder is murder being in a stressful environment is no excuse and the officer vs. enlisted distinction is complete BS.
A stressful environment is very much considered a mitigating factor when considering sentencing in this nation's judicial practice. Again, I don't want him to get the death penality, but the two cases are not comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.