Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not really. Young Black men killing is becoming so common that it hardly makes the headlines unless they kill some old WW2 Vet.
No, if it gets into the news, then it becomes a thread here and people scratch eachothers' backs making comments blaming the whole of black America for the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Crazy: word is MOST anglo white racist dudes really DON'T care seeing about a Black lady with a white dude, especially if she's real light skin and looks "Italian", etc.
When I had a black GF in Boston, we'd get some surprised/weird looks pretty much any time we went out, but it didn't feel like anyone was judging us... just sort of surprised to see it since it wasn't common there at the time. I'm ethnically Nordic and she was really, really dark; nothing "Italian" about her at all However, a few times, I did get sneered at by young white women who were of the more Cape Cod/lacrosse/horse-owning set, and we got yelled at by a group of black guys on a basketball court we passed by once. The vast bulk of people of any race or ethnicity just left us alone.

When I was living in Oakland and was seeing a black girl, no one seemed to notice one way or the other. In the Bay Area, interracial couples of any sort are pretty much the norm, so no one really minds.

I've driven through predominantly-white boonie areas of WA, OR, CA, AZ, NM, TX with an Asian-American ex and also an Arab-American ex and we never felt as though anyone was out to get us or had any hostility towards us.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Not condoning but did anyone get killed because they were bored

Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I don't remember that story at all, but the different is that those Christians showed up at a gay celebration, knowing that their actions, statements, and reason for coming would hurt people, and would cause conflict where there was none. Basically, they instigated the conflict... they came looking for a confrontation, and they got one.

These people were walking home and someone came after them. They didn't say, "hey, let's go find a group of racist homophobes and walk up to them to tell them their way of life is screwed up and we're better than them."

Totally different situation.
This.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,862 times
Yep, thats what happened to this guy

Random Attack in Spokane Leaves WWII Veteran Dead - ABC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If it had been a gang of blacks at least one of the victims would be on a cold slab right now.

Just sayin'.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 PM

20 posts, read 42,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, it sounds like a bunch of jerks who were just throwing around insults, for some unknown reason.
It doesn't matter the reason, it was unacceptable. For goodness sake, this couple was leaving a celebration...since you seem to have all the answers, for what reason would they be looking for trouble? We all know they weren't. Whether or not words were exchanged, or who said them, I am willing to bet if these 3 twits were bold enough to spout off they were bold enough to initiate contact. Let's be real here.

Quote:
Eventually, the argument got to the point that one of the three men decided to punch the man in the video, in the face. The woman probably was involved in the fight. And possibly even "jumped on them" after they started to beat up her boyfriend. And as a consequence, she was knocked down and hurt her elbow and foot.
Bravo fellas, for beating up a lady, and to you, for defending "how" her injuries might have happened. That black eye and broken toe came from a force more brute than being knocked down. What's even worse is that they were denied help by the same restaurant they had just patroned, mind you. Simply disgusting.

Quote:
Point is, the story seems to be a bunch of bullcrap. And is only really being mentioned, because some young men decided to call a gay person a homo. And that once an argument began, to **** the woman in their group off(who was most likely also arguing), they decided to call her an N-word. Because they knew it was the word that would most **** her off. If she had been white, they probably would have called her a **** or a ****. If she was Italian, they might have called her a WOP. If she was Mexican, a beaner, or *******. Asian, a slope, *****, etc.
Oh okay! This completely justifies the assault on the couple!

Quote:
It wasn't like the man was "beaten" to the verge of unconsciousness.
Speechless. I guess it's only news worthy if he'd gotten wacked. Nevermind she is a 37 year old woman who was punched in the face, toe broken, and elbow bruised. Had she been a blonde WASP and a ni66er messed up her face, you'd be singing a different tune buddy. Something to the likings of David Allan Coe.

Quote:
It looks like he basically got punched once to the face. He probably fell down. His wife probably walked up to the men after they punched her face and was angry, and she ended up being knocked down. I'm confused how this is even news. Considering that far worse fights, with far worse insults, are thrown around in bars every single day, all across the country. Let alone the public schools.
You would be confused. You got it partially right though, she probably walked up to the men AFTER they punched her face..... f'king PUNKS

Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 PM

20 posts, read 42,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not condoning but did anyone get killed because they were bored
Why is there a constant need to deflect from THIS story to talk about the other? It's not a comparison or a contest. Have you seen any posts from black people condoning what happened to the Australian or the Vet?

It sounds very much like you are condoning...otherwise, what was the point?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Black people commit a crime, everyone piles on.
White people commit a crime, nevermind that, let's talk about the Black people that commit crime.

Haha, good ol' City Data.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
and this.... depends on who gets to an inter racial couple first.....both sides have pockets of lawless hooligans..... see who's side is leading.....pointless

drop hate crime and charges of racial crimes from the law books and treat everyone as if they are humans that deserve equal protection.....

Yes it still happens in 2012: Interracial Couple Attacked
Everyone DOES receive equal protection... do you know what protected class means, or are you another one who thinks it means only certain demographics are protected? I'm guessing the latter. Oh, and thanks for being predictable everyone! One page in, I already saw one racist comment and a few "I know you are but what am I" replies. How about focusing on the story at hand, and admitting it was a horrible incident on its own? Is that so difficult?

And since one of you brought up the gay pride sign-throwing incident, I seem to recall people (some of the very same people deflecting and downplaying this event) calling for the DEATH PENALTY against a man who slapped that lady. Selective rage much?? Oy, you guys are ridiculous.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Sounds very, very, very fishy.......just does not pass the sniff-test!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies