Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It is morally wrong to hold the taxpayers responsible for the loses incurred by CalPERS.
Isn't it the voters fault for putting idiots in charge of writing laws, thus allowing corruption and mismanagement to thrive without oversight? Or is it really the school of "I didn't know it was wrong because nobody told me" governance? The first ones out the door when fire starts are the arsons. Politicians make bad laws, backroom deals, and pander to corporations knowing full well the sh|t will hit the fan long after they're gone. IF it happens too fast, they simply retire early or step down without repercussion.

Gray Davis is a prime example of corruption and collusion going unpunished. Enron executives joked that their goal was to steal everything and bankrupt California. We're still paying for that damned operation and Davis' stupidity.

The taxpayer is always the scapegoat, and California taxpayers especially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The taxpayer is always the scapegoat, and California taxpayers are being taken for a ride.
So why are you still here?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So why are you still here?
My wife and I are the primary care givers to my 97yr old Grandmother. She would not do well in a move, so we choose to stay until the opportunity arises. She is more important to us than our situation here.

I've made it clear I'll be out of here the minute it becomes doable.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Apparently you believe that it needed a cultural change?
That's exactly what some are salivating over. Whites are already the minority in Calif. but they won't be happy until the "cultural change" is complete and whites and our culture are totally insignificant in this state. Much of this is occurring due to illegal immigration but whatever works, right?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's exactly what some are salivating over. Whites are already the minority in Calif. but they won't be happy until the "cultural change" is complete and whites and our culture are totally insignificant in this state. Much of this is occurring due to illegal immigration but whatever works, right?
What would Cali be without any whites here? Mexico? Just a third world state?

Don't get me wrong, I come from a multiracial family, but it makes me cringe when I here Mexicans screaming they'll take California back house by house. If they want to live in a third world country, why did they leave a perfectly good one 100 miles south of LA.

The thing that makes America great is the diversity, and this doesn't exclude whites.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
My wife and I are the primary care givers to my 97yr old Grandmother. She would not do well in a move, so we choose to stay until the opportunity arises. She is more important to us than our situation here.

I've made it clear I'll be out of here the minute it becomes doable.
I can relate. My wife's mother is 90 and we can't leave Calif. till she passes either. After that "we're outta here". I don't wish to go down with the sinking ship.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I can relate. My wife's mother is 90 and we can't leave Calif. till she passes either. After that "we're outta here". I don't wish to go down with the sinking ship.
At least people can see we place family before politics and income. Great minds think alike.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Note that the most apocalyptic California bashing comes from Southern Californians. Northern Californians aren't quite as pessimistic about the state's future. Having lived in both I can perfectly understand why.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Note that the most apocalyptic California bashing comes from Southern Californians. Northern Californians aren't quite as pessimistic about the state's future. Having lived in both I can perfectly understand why.
Here in San Francisco the predominant minority group, after whites, is Asians. In fact there are more than twice as many Asians as Hispanics, "sanctuary city" hysteria notwithstanding.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I was born and raised here. We SoCali's have good reason to be pessimistic, as you stated.

The North is filling with right coasters and mid-westerners who bring something to the table in exchange for the lifestyle. This is also why wages and home values were less affected up north. On the other hand, the south is filled (and has been for decades) with people who prefer to take, rather than produce. The trades (I was a contractor for 30 years) have been decimated by illegal crews and the shops that hire them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies