Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 02:40 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You're pretty ignorant if you think a single gene causes something like sexual orientation. Genetics is way more complicated than that.

Nobody chooses who they are attracted to. There is tons of scientific evidence supporting sexual orientation being biological and hardwired in the brain. Proof does not exist outside of math.

You should stop worrying about gay people and invest in an education.
What's this thread about? Gay people! What? I can't post in a thread? You're the ignorant one for believing that. And I have several degrees and a very nice career. You on the other hand...take your own advice.

I was only responding to a post in this thread regarding this article, maybe you should have taken the time to read it:

See that?! GAY GENE! Deal with it LOL

Old 08-24-2013, 02:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well that can't be true. I keep hearing that you are born gay end of story.

Actually my step sister was gay, then dated a guy for a year and got tired of him so she's gay again. lol I love her to death though but she's just a wild one IMO. When she's gay she plays the militant gay person but when she was dating they guy she wasn't. Hey as long as your happy is all I tell here and she is so good for her.
LOL this TOTALLY sounds like the temporarily gay women I've known.

I don't really care what any consenting adults do as long as they're not infringing on the rights of others.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:42 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Which makes you by definition, bisexual. The fact that you have now chosen to pursue a relationship with a man does not make your biological orientation a choice. You are apparently confusing orientation with behavior. You chose not to pursue another relationship with a woman, because you didn't want the drama. Pursuing a relationship is a choice. But you never would have considered a relationship with another woman, had you not already been capable of being attracted to other women. That attraction is not a choice, and is what constitutes Sexual Orientation.
No , homosexuality is a lust spirit for the same sex.. it can be emotional confusion in the beginning.. admiration, attraction and then takes on a form that is confusion when physical attraction or lust gets in the mix.. no one is born gay.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Hey I'm on board with you there. My little sis is funnier than hell. I giver her sheet all the time too and she gives it back. Of course that would make me all kinds of "phobe" names around here but who cares.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Considering most gays don't demonstrate any of those qualities, you're just presenting a stereotype. Are all black people born to commit murder and end up in prison?

Some of those stereotypes are born out of culture; a need to conform and be accepted by their peers. In other cases, it may have some biological underpinnings. Certain structures in the gay brain are in fact wired like that of heterosexuals of the opposite sex.
All stereotypes are anchored in truth and the majority of those who support gay marriage were born out of wedlock.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Much of the acting out, especially concerning promiscuous sex, drug use, and self-harm, etc, are results of becoming emotionally distorted and distressed by a lifetime of being treated as a second class citizen due to factors beyond your control, even though you've done nothing to hurt anyone.

In places where homosexuality is accepted as the normal variation it is, this kind of behavior is significantly less common.
Oh get out of here!

Life is tough. Instead of making excuses for everyone all the time, how about you hold them accountable. I bet you're a Democrat.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
All stereotypes are anchored in truth and the majority of those who support gay marriage were born out of wedlock.
What? That makes no sense at all. How do you come to your out of wedlock claim?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Oh get out of here!

Life is tough. Instead of making excuses for everyone all the time, how about you hold them accountable. I bet you're a Democrat.
Yep. The term "grow a set" comes to mind. Folks are out of their minds nowdays it appears. I blame Bush. lol

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonpostal View Post
Now the New Mexico Supreme Court decides that wedding photographers can't refuse to shoot gay ceremonies. Even though the hottie photographer was willing to shoot gays just not wedding ceremonies.

One judge said the following; The Huguenins are free to think, to say, to believe, as they wish; they may pray to the God of their choice and follow those commandments in their personal lives wherever they lead. The Constitution protects the Huguenins in that respect and much more. But there is a price, one that we all have to pay somewhere in our civic life.

There's a price to pay for our religious convictions?
Why would a gay couple hire a homophobic a**hole to work at their wedding? Hire someone else. Am I missing something?

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well that can't be true. I keep hearing that you are born gay end of story.
They are.

Quote:
Actually my step sister was gay, then dated a guy for a year and got tired of him so she's gay again. lol I love her to death though but she's just a wild one IMO. When she's gay she plays the militant gay person but when she was dating they guy she wasn't. Hey as long as your happy is all I tell here and she is so good for her.
Never heard of bisexual have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies