Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 11:27 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I just assume that any and all CD threads will become both homophobic and racist by page 10.
Yeah, that's probably a safe bet... and the reason I can only take this forum (P&OC specifically) in small doses. I think my dose for the week is all used up now!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
In other words, no you don't have anything else to add. Thanks!

Have you even been to California, or do you think it's all like a scene out of Baywatch?? Funny thing is, you're probably typing this on a computer or phone that was conceived & developed just miles from my house. Even funnier, the conservatives on this forum often call us a cesspool - and now you're calling us dreamers with no real problems? Make up your minds, so I can decide whether to work or go to the beach tomorrow!
I was driving on the same freeway when OJ was running from the cops in his white ford bronco. California is the worst off state in the union because it is filled with shallow, egotistical people who all think they are special and their time to shine in the spotlight is coming soon! What do you know about Cleveland, Ohio or Flint, Michigan?

Go look out your window and day dream of your star on the walk of fame, I'm sure your 15 minutes are coming soon...

I can hear your Beach Boys album from Chicago.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I have. He's still asking a ridiculous question. He's asking for the equivalent of a square circle. "Proof", as in proving something scientific as 100% correct is not possible. Science relies on empirical evidence. The more evidence we have that agrees, the more likely something is to be correct. But it can never be "proven" 100%.
No. Simply asked you to prove to me that people are born gay. Show me something that says "we have proven 100 % that there is a gay gene". It's an easy question, stop trying to move the goal post just because you lost. this isn't about "suggestions" or anything of the sort.

It's not about "denying science", it's you who cannot
Provide scientific PROOF to support your claim. Therefore it has no room in the debate and is thrown out until you do.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I don't see your point. I could find scientific studies that "suggest", "assume", and "evidence" that people are not born gay and they can change their sexuality. But you gays would deny it. You are doing the very thing you accuse me of doing.

I simply want you to prove that people are born gay. Show me the proof, show me the gay gene or whatever you want to call it. You made the claim, I want to see the proof.
Not that it matters, but I'm not gay - and said that pretty clearly in a number of posts. But that is irrelevant, because what you fail to understand is how scientific studies work. And until you understand that, it is futile to even attempt presenting you with any evidence. It's been done and rejected, so what else could I give you at this point?

Even without the studies, however, it's quite obvious to anyone with eyes that gay people exist naturally. Why would anyone choose to be part of such a hated group, when they're constantly judged by people like you? If it were that easy to change orientations, I'd think one good bullying incident would turn almost all of them straight. No?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Haha... that was totally running through my head when I read that post.

I wish it really was like the movies & songs here, but in reality it's much like anywhere else.
Midwest boy in SoCal now.

In some respects it is. Others not.

I'm going to Santa Monica tomorrow. A lot of open pot smoking and PDAs by the dreaded homosexuals.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
No. Simply asked you to prove to me that people are born gay. Show me something that says "we have proven 100 % that there is a gay gene". It's an easy question, stop trying to move the goal post just because you lost. this isn't about "suggestions" or anything of the sort.

It's not about "denying science", it's you who cannot
Provide scientific PROOF to support your claim. Therefore it has no room in the debate and is thrown out until you do.
He'll do that after you prove to him the existence of one single "tallness" gene.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
In other words, no you don't have anything else to add. Thanks!

Have you even been to California, or do you think it's all like a scene out of Baywatch?? Funny thing is, you're probably typing this on a computer or phone that was conceived & developed just miles from my house. Even funnier, the conservatives on this forum often call us a cesspool - and now you're calling us dreamers with no real problems? Make up your minds, so I can decide whether to work or go to the beach tomorrow!
Wait, this was too funny to let slide.

You really believe that don't you?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:37 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Homosexuals aren't dreaded. I've lived, worked, and gained college degrees in Chicago. So obviously gays are more prominent there. But answer me this...if gays are on te same page as others than why do they get infested with diseases that straight people only get though IV drug use or bad blood transfusions? Is AIDS man made? If so, why did its creators target gays like Magic Johnson? Are they viewed as undesirable? Why?

If HiV/AIDs is not man made then why is Mother Nature targeting gays through their normal way of life?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I was driving on the same freeway when OJ was running from the cops in his white ford bronco. California is the worst off state in the union because it is filled with shallow, egotistical people who all think they are special and their time to shine in the spotlight is coming soon! What do you know about Cleveland, Ohio or Flint, Michigan?

Go look out your window and day dream of your star on the walk of fame, I'm sure your 15 minutes are coming soon...

I can hear your Beach Boys album from Chicago.
OMG, this is one of the funniest posts yet! I live in Silicon Valley, not Hollywood, and have zero aspirations of "fame" - especially considering my parents moved me here as a child (from DC), due to my consultant father's job transfer. And what kind of "dreamer" becomes a librarian? Haha. You really do think it's all like the movies, don't you?

And I know quite a bit about those cities you mentioned... my adopted (gay/black) brother is from Cleveland, and I've been to all of the above. I was also born in DC, and go back east annually to visit family. I'm not some shallow Hollywood bimbo, just a normal person who happens to live in California right now. Thanks for the laugh, though.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Wait, this was too funny to let slide.

You really believe that don't you?
I live in Silicon Valley... so how is that wrong? Note that I didn't say it was MADE here, if that is what you're laughing about in my statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies