Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Homosexuals aren't dreaded. I've lived, worked, and gained college degrees in Chicago. So obviously gays are more prominent there. But answer me this...if gays are on te same page as others than why do they get infested with diseases that straight people only get though IV drug use or bad blood transfusions? Is AIDS man made? If so, why did its creators target gays like Magic Johnson? Are they viewed as undesirable? Why?

If HiV/AIDs is not man made then why is Mother Nature targeting gays through their normal way of life?
Did you send this post from the year 1985?

Wowsers...

Old 08-24-2013, 11:42 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Anyway, maybe we could get back on topic now... I mean, how did this become a discussion about Californians? I guess as others have said, when all else fails go for the personal stuff! But this thread is about anti-discrimination laws vs private businesses/services. So if you have nothing to add on that topic, maybe it's time to move along.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:44 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
OMG, this is one of the funniest posts yet! I live in Silicon Valley, not Hollywood, and have zero aspirations of "fame" - especially considering my parents moved me here as a child (from DC), due to my consultant father's job transfer. And what kind of "dreamer" becomes a librarian? Haha. You really do think it's all like the movies, don't you?

And I know quite a bit about those cities you mentioned... my adopted (gay/black) brother is from Cleveland, and I've been to all of the above. I was also born in DC, and go back east annually to visit family. I'm not some shallow Hollywood bimbo, just a normal person who happens to live in California right now. Thanks for the laugh, though.
Adopted gay black brother...you covered all areas on that one. Excellent trump card, I resign.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Unless they're out looking for a lawsuit, and/or to further draw attention to what they perceive to be discriminatory practices.
How would you ever be able to prove the mistake was anything but an accident? You couldn’t. A skilled professional would know how to do it in such a way as that it would be un-provable as anything other than an honest mistake, glitch or foul up. Those things can and do happen. The Nazis used similar bullying tactics hanging up the bodies of Jews who they deemed saboteurs as an “example” of what would happen if anyone dared defy them and it didn’t stop anything. Present day bullying perpetrated by the homosexual will be just as futile.

Would anyone genuinely want anything from an unwilling forced participant? Of course not. Why start a special occasion off on such a sour note as having it marked and associated with a lawsuit? There does appear to be a rather ugly, vindictive and hostile element among the homosexual that relishes every opportunity to bully and coerce. Not a good reflection on the homosexual.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:49 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
I live in Silicon Valley... so how is that wrong? Note that I didn't say it was MADE here, if that is what you're laughing about in my statement.
No I'm specifically laughing at what you said, not what you think I meant.

Please tell us which major phone and computer manufacturers are still conceiving and designing their products nearby your house. I'll give you a hint who isn't just in case you aren't aware... Samsung, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony and Dell just for starters.

Let's talk about Camera companies making digital cameras which a wedding photographer might use to shoot photos at a gay wedding... Cannon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, etc etc etc. Not a single one of them does development in the United States, even in silicone valley.

That leaves you with Apple in both categories, Apple leads neither group in market share and for the last 5 or 6 years has been moving lots of it's development to India and Japan.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No I'm specifically laughing at what you said, not what you think I meant.

Please tell us which major phone and computer manufacturers are still conceiving and designing their products nearby your house. I'll give you a hint who isn't just in case you aren't aware... Samsung, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony and Dell just for starters.

Let's talk about Camera companies making digital cameras which a wedding photographer might use to shoot photos at a gay wedding... Cannon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, etc etc etc. Not a single one of them does development in the United States, even in silicone valley.

That leaves you with Apple in both categories, Apple leads neither group in market share and for the last 5 or 6 years has been moving lots of it's development to India and Japan.
Sheesh... lighten up, it was just a joke.

And again, I was referring to their being conceived here - maybe I used the wrong words, as I'm well aware the actual development (or whatever you want to call it) is done mostly overseas now. Doesn't change the fact that I can practically see Apple and Google from my house, though!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Adopted gay black brother...you covered all areas on that one. Excellent trump card, I resign.
LMAO... and he's a lawyer too!! *ba-dum-bum-bum*

But to steer it back to the topic, we've known he was gay since the minute we met him. In fact, I'd even say we knew before he did - or at least, before he'd come to terms with it. So to think of him choosing that is ridiculous, when it was so clear from long before he'd realized it himself.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Sheesh... lighten up, it was just a joke.

And again, I was referring to their being conceived here - maybe I used the wrong words, as I'm well aware the actual development (or whatever you want to call it) is done mostly overseas now. Doesn't change the fact that I can practically see Apple and Google from my house, though!
Please, just stop. You don't know what you're talking about and you're not very good at covering up your mistakes.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
In other words, no you don't have anything else to add. Thanks!

Have you even been to California, or do you think it's all like a scene out of Baywatch?? Funny thing is, you're probably typing this on a computer or phone that was conceived & developed just miles from my house. Even funnier, the conservatives on this forum often call us a cesspool - and now you're calling us dreamers with no real problems? Make up your minds, so I can decide whether to work or go to the beach tomorrow!
the state of virginia controls the internet. california is allowed to access it.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Homosexuals aren't dreaded. I've lived, worked, and gained college degrees in Chicago. So obviously gays are more prominent there. But answer me this...if gays are on te same page as others than why do they get infested with diseases that straight people only get though IV drug use or bad blood transfusions? Is AIDS man made? If so, why did its creators target gays like Magic Johnson? Are they viewed as undesirable? Why?

If HiV/AIDs is not man made then why is Mother Nature targeting gays through their normal way of life?
Really?? Fact: HIV is prevalent in the straight (non-IV-using or blood-transfused) community too, and can be transmitted quite easily through unprotected heterosexual sex. Meanwhile, the LOWEST rates are among lesbians, so there goes your "homosexuality causes it" argument.

CDC ? HIV in the United States ? Statistics Overview ? Statistics Center ? HIV/AIDS

- Heterosexuals accounted for 25% of estimated new HIV infections in 2010 and 27% of people living with HIV infection in 2009.
- Since the epidemic began, almost 85,000 persons with an AIDS diagnosis, infected through heterosexual sex, have died, included an estimated 4,003 in 2010.
- New HIV infections among women are primarily attributed to heterosexual contact (84% in 2010) or injection drug use (16% in 2010). Women accounted for 20% of estimated new HIV infections in 2010 and 24% of those living with HIV infection in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies