Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:34 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The government isn't done with far exceeding their reach yet.
A statement which is self-contradictory.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:35 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Craig Zucker has not been destroyed. He exists. He lives. And he can go on with his life. You're doubling down on the nonsensical exhortation. I'm pointing out the refusal to differentiate between metaphor and reality, and how right-wingers are inanely insisting on reacting to metaphors as if they describe reality.

Thanks for proving that your perspective is grounded in puerile and baseless marginalization of people you simply don't like.

Poll: Majority Would Support Gay Marriage in All 50 States
california voted against it. I also never brought up fruit marriage, so I am confused by your link. this is why no one takes the gays seriously.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:38 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
california voted against it.
Times changes, people change, views change; if the issue was put up for a vote today the outcome would certainly be very different.

You also seem to have trouble understanding the implications of the poll. Increasing acceptance of same-sex marriage is indicative of society's increasing acceptance of the naturally occurring phenomenon of homosexuality.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 AM
bUU

Quote:
california voted against it.
In a politically-charged election where it is as likely as not that voter turnout didn't reflect the actual will of the people. To be fair, the polls may also be overstating the current level of support for same-sex marriage, nationally, and it may not yet truly be a majority, but there is no denying the trend is in that direction, and strongly so, such that if it isn't a majority today, it surely will be soon.

Even though you don't like it.

Quote:
I also never brought up fruit marriage, so I am confused by your link.
Thanks for confirming that you have no idea what this thread is about.

Quote:
this is why no one takes the gays seriously.
Thanks for confirming that you'll assume anyone who supports same-sex marriage is a homosexual, regardless of the fact that you're ignorant of the sexual orientation of the poster posting a message.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Times changes, people change, views change; if the issue was put up for a vote today the outcome would certainly be very different.

You also seem to have trouble understanding the implications of the poll. Increasing acceptance of same-sex marriage is indicative of society's increasing acceptance of the naturally occurring phenomenon of homosexuality.
no. 99% of americans wish homosexuals would simply shut up. get married, as long as you stop having parades to celebrate banging.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-05-2013 at 05:10 AM..

Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
no. 99% of americans wish homosexuals would simply shut up. get married, as long as you stop having parades to celebrate banging.
99% huh? Which polling group did you get that statistic from?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-05-2013 at 05:10 AM..

Old 09-02-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
In a politically-charged election where it is as likely as not that voter turnout didn't reflect the actual will of the people. To be fair, the polls may also be overstating the current level of support for same-sex marriage, nationally, and it may not yet truly be a majority, but there is no denying the trend is in that direction, and strongly so, such that if it isn't a majority today, it surely will be soon.

Even though you don't like it.

Thanks for confirming that you have no idea what this thread is about.

Thanks for confirming that you'll assume anyone who supports same-sex marriage is a homosexual, regardless of the fact that you're ignorant of the sexual orientation of the poster posting a message.
california voting against it was a reflection of hispanics and blacks hating the gays, yet still voting for the democrat party. blacks and browns aren't liberals, they simply vote democrat. you will never admit this, but these are the facts. I know exactly what this thread is about. a photographer, and whether or not he should be punished by government for selecting and refusing business. I never assumed you were gay. I said no one takes the gays seriously, and they don't.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
the group of reality. I think 99% of gays would like it if they stopped having parades to celebrate banging.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:49 AM
bUU

Quote:
Opponents of fairness and justice often fabricate nonsensical rationalizations for supporting offensively self-serving perspectives.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 AM

I've never heard of the polling organization called "Reality". What methodology did they use to collect their information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies