Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 07:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've called for that many, many times. Nobody has complained about things like QE more than me.
There is one thing that you overlooked in regards to making it harder for people who need assistance to get it, and that is the crime rate will increase. Do you really think that people will just quit eating if there is no assistance? They will do anything and everything in order to feed their families and themselves. Perhaps we as a group should protest those same people who are eating and living comfortably away from the reality of proverty to either provide employment for those who need it or shut the hell up!

Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I get that, but I'd go far as saying the numbers between blacks and whites would still be the same even with that.

Doing a sampling of 1000 people will yield the same results as doing a sampling of 1,000,000 people. Numbers will be different but the % will be the same -/+.
I would say that Blacks get arrested far more than non-Hispanic Whites, and Hispanics. Blacks are more likely to be arrested because they are more likely to be suspected. I'm not denying that there is alot of crime being committed by Black individuals. However, I would also say that the likelihood of a Black man get caught for a crime is much higher because Black people are more likely to be pulled over, more likely to be searched.

When it comes to crime and arrests, it is important to break it down in details.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:06 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would say that Blacks get arrested far more than non-Hispanic Whites, and Hispanics. Blacks are more likely to be arrested because they are more likely to be suspected. I'm not denying that there is alot of crime being committed by Black individuals. However, I would also say that the likelihood of a Black man get caught for a crime is much higher because Black people are more likely to be pulled over, more likely to be searched.

When it comes to crime and arrests, it is important to break it down in details.

Why do you think blacks are "suspected more"?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
No. Impossible. I have never understood why whites have this much interest in discussing the black community in this manner. At least get accurate information.

I heard my neighbors having a talk like this before. As soon as I made my presence known, they "hushed".

I can only shake my head in amazement. One thing you'll never hear all of the "experts" talk about is all of the advantages whites in America have had and continue to have. They'll deny this fact until they go to their graves.

It's easier to rebuke blacks. It keeps them from looking in the mirror.

Because there is a shipload of money involved?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Blacks have been treated as such for a very long time, for years. This dates back to the old days.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Young white males commit the other half
And the point sailed completely over your head.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Racism perhaps?

Why else would a police officer take time to frisk and harrass a blackman in a 5k suit?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
There is one thing that you overlooked in regards to making it harder for people who need assistance to get it, and that is the crime rate will increase.
I didn't say it would be harder. It's easy. Just name the daddy. For the vast majority that should be easy. For the rest they can provide a list of possible candidates.

Quote:
Do you really think that people will just quit eating if there is no assistance? They will do anything and everything in order to feed their families and themselves. Perhaps we as a group should protest those same people who are eating and living comfortably away from the reality of proverty to either provide employment for those who need it or shut the hell up!
LOL, sorry, why don't you just provide jobs?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't say it would be harder. It's easy. Just name the daddy. For the vast majority that should be easy. For the rest they can provide a list of possible candidates.

I worked as a caseworker for 5 years and inorder to get cash assistance the woman has to name the father of her child, so what you said is already a rule, at least in Pa.

LOL, sorry, why don't you just provide jobs?
If I was in a position to hire people instead of complaining about how many that are on assistance I would in a heartbeat!

Old 08-25-2013, 07:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If I was in a position to hire people instead of complaining about how many that are on assistance I would in a heartbeat!

If a business was in the position to hire someone they would also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies