Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 04:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The facts are the facts. There is nothing that can be disputed that Blacks commit an abnormal amount of the crime. Then they complain that they are a large population in prison. Own your own dog doo.

I guess you are not smart enough to look deeper into why that is either. Do you realize that there are more blacks exonerated for their crimes than whites as well. Could it be because of a bias judical system? A racist judge/jury, inadequate defense (public pretender), overzealous prosecutors? forced confessions by crooked cops, targeting black neighborhoods for drugs or something as simple as mistaken identity?
Just because the government arrest more of one group than another does not mean that they are all guilty.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM

29,807 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Less than 1% of black people in this country commit murders. Whites account for about the other half. If less than 1% of a race is committing 50% of the crimes in a country, how can any mildly intelligent person claim it's a racial problem?

Racial issue? More like a cultural issue among the lowest class of African Americans. The problem is no one is confronting the issue with a practical approach. More than anything, we have politicians who want to pander to the underclass and are happy to see them flounder. Then we have clowns like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who suggest it's all the white man's fault. No improvement needed on the part of the poorest of African Americans I guess...

Let's be realistic... There are slimy race baiters who are profiteering off the backs of the most unprivileged of African Americans. They have no interest in helping these people. Without them, Al Sharpton would just be another nobody.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Racial issue? More like a cultural issue among the lowest class of African Americans. The problem is no one is confronting the issue with a practical approach. More than anything, we have politicians who want to pander to the underclass and are happy to see them flounder. Then we have clowns like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who suggest it's all the white man's fault. No improvement needed on the part of the poorest of African Americans I guess...
Yes, that is the problem but a lot of whites and conservatives like to point the finger at the entire black race based on the actions of a few idiots. I said that in one of my earlier post in this thread that it's a culture, environmental, and mentality issue that has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin.

It's hypocritical because if blacks only commited 1% of the crime in this country and 1% of the white race committed the other 90%, it would NEVER be seen as an issue with the entire white race....

Yea they are idiots... Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the like are idiots, and people who think this is a race issue are idiots.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-13-2013 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
3% of the population commits 1/2 the murders, what's the deal here and how is this accepted?
Well, we do arrest, prosecute, and incarcerate them, so I hardly consider that acceptance.

[]

Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 PM

This may be true for some of you:

Old 09-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This may be true for some of you:
Blacks make the evening news and whites the national news... Match made in heaven.. Whites need blacks and blacks need whites else each would have to find someone else to blame for all of their problems.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Blacks make the evening news and whites the national news... Match made in heaven.. Whites need blacks and blacks need whites else each would have to find someone else to blame for all of their problems.
I guess the same reason why blacks were the ideal slaves (because they stick in a white population) is the same reason why it is so easy to target them today

Old 09-13-2013, 06:15 PM

They were slaves because they didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Choices were to be a good slave vs a violent death. In the end, and even though both millions of blacks and indians were raped and murdered by Whites of that time, Blacks still made it through it while Whites damn near killed off an entire race of natives. I guess after Whites got finish needlessly killing millions of people, some Blacks decided to carry the torch. Taking 90% of American history into account with race in mind, I do not know why people would see the Black race as being the most violent.

Whites that were raised in a certain culture were violent, and Blacks raised in a certain culture are violent. A few decades ago most of the murders in the US were committed by Whites, but it was never seen as a racial problem. Now things have changed because cultures have changed. The only common denominators are environment and mentality.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-13-2013 at 06:31 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
They were slaves because they didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Choices were to be a good slave vs a violent death. In the end, and even though both millions of blacks and indians were raped and murdered by Whites of that time, Blacks still made it through it while Whites damn near killed off an entire race of natives. I guess after Whites got finish needlessly killing millions of people, some Blacks decided to carry the torch. Taking 90% of American history into account with race in mind, I do not know why people would see the Black race as being the most violent.

Whites that were raised in a certain culture were violent, and Blacks raised in a certain culture are violent. A few decades ago most of the murders in the US were committed by Whites, but it was never seen as a racial problem. Now things have changed because cultures in isolated areas have changed. The only common denominators are environment and mentality.

Funny, eventhough I knew this I never gave it much thought. Prior to the 1960's the majority of murders and crimes in general were committed by whites and blacks were the primary victims, but yet you rarely hear of it. Now blacks are still the primary victims but is now blacks that are the culprits and there is such an uproar mainly from whites who have little contacts if any at all with blacks

Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The facts are the facts. There is nothing that can be disputed that Blacks commit an abnormal amount of the crime. Then they complain that they are a large population in prison. Own your own dog doo.
Actually, a small portion of the Black population is committing those crimes. There might be more crimes committed by Blacks, but Blacks are also more likely to be caught and arrested. On the occasion that a Black person commits a crime, that Black person is more likely to be caught, arrested, and jailed for that crime. And the natures of the crimes is something to look at. White-collar crimes get lesser punishments than blue collar crimes. Blacks are more likely to be involved in blue collar crime, and more likely to be caught. And since blue-collar crimes carry a heavier sentence, Blacks who commit them, or anyone who commits them, get put in prison longer. And then consider this. Alot of money buys a good lawyers. Most Blacks who get involved in crime don't have that kind of money for a good lawyer. Lack of a good lawyer also means the higher likelihood of a guilty verdict, and a prison sentence following that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies