Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Can you stop being purposefully ignorant and just use common sense for a minute?

When's the last time:

- there was a crime story involving a black senior? - hardly ever
- there was a crime involving a black child 12 or under? - rarely
- there was a crime involving older black women? - somewhat frequent at most
- there was a crime involving young black women? - somewhat often
- there was a crime involving black males? - ALL THE TIME

IE if you ever bothered to watch the news or go on the internet and read any type of crime stories, you would obviously see that the trend is that black males are involved in the VAST MAJORITY of crimes that happen to involve blacks, especially violent crimes and murders.

Are you going to dispute this and say this is wrong? That black males ARE NOT the major perpetrators of crime when it involves a black person in an incident? Is this what you're honestly trying to say with a straight face? Yes or no?

Do you want to know what 'the actions of a few' really looks like? Just look at that table again, but this time at the Asian or Pacific Islander column. THAT is what I consider an actual 'the actions of a few'. 18+ million Asians living in the US and all combined they're STILL below 100,000 in total arrests. Blacks are barely 2.3 times the population of Asians, yet the difference in crime rates between them are INSANELY MASSIVE.

And one category you CANNOT HIDE FROM is the murder offender rate:

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

42 million blacks somehow outmurder 220 million whites by at least 700 and probably much more if you include a good portion of the unknown category. Asian murders are so low they don't even get their own column. This you cannot explain away.

Also one last thing. I look at Asian crime stats on that table and you can safely say the overwhelming majority are committed by Asian males. I look at white crime stats on that table and you can safely say the overwhelming majority are committed by white males and to a lesser degree white females and you can largely exclude white children and seniors.

If you really still want to include the entire black population when looking at crime statistics, then in a way it makes things look EVEN MORE SAD AND MORE WORSE. And by that I mean are blacks so screwed up as a race that viturally no demographic can be safely excluded from crime statistics? Have blacks gone so far into the toilet that any black person of any age group is now capable of committing a significant amount of crime that you would have to include them in crime stats? Because that's what you're saying when you insist crime stats MUST include all of black population.
You're not posting any facts. all you're doing is making an assumptions on how you feel. When I ask you to post links or any documentation to back anything up, all you do is ignore that and continue ranting on... Your hope post is full of numbers that you pulled out of your behind and there's no sense trying to win an debate with when the other person ignores all facts and instead makes up his own.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:20 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Because:

A) blacks can't stop having babies at an early age
B) many blacks don't know how to properly raise the kids that they do have

Think about it. If you raise your kids like crap and without much care and if blacks within your neighborhoods mostly do the same then what do you have when black kids grow up? Ghetto teens and young adults who are prone to violence and frequently chose crime over education and a job.
What is the percentage of blacks raised by teen mother and/or inadequate mothers who go on to live a life of crime? Out of the millions of black people in the US, how many are as you describe? Your comment seems to suggest this is the case for the majority of black people, so I'm just curious.

Quote:
I'm an American who's living in Toronto right now.
None of that negates my statement.

Quote:
I never said everything was awesome for blacks once slavery was gone. I'm saying once it was over, blacks had a chance to create a positive future for themselves as well as their kids, but many chose not to do so.
When was this in the 100 years that follow? When we were being lynched? Denied access to housing? Higher education? Hosed by police? When our business were burned to the ground when they became too successful? When churches were burned killing innocent children? The rampant racism involving the GI Bill (which introduced many whites to middle class living and home-ownership)? When MLK, who was all about living successful lives, was assassinated? When was this opportunity that you speak of?

Quote:
And with regards to black victims at least when it comes to non-black on black crime, there is VERY LITTLE OF IT so there's not many victims to care for.
What are you talking about? BLACKS are the main victim of crimes involving black perps. Where is your concern for them? Or are you only concerned when whites are the victims?

BTW, WHITES are the main victims of crimes involving white perps. Where is your outrage?

Quote:
And why do I condemn the majority of blacks for what the minority do? Because ITS FAR FROM A MINORITY of blacks that continue to mess up almost every place they live. When almost every city in the world with a significant black population has a corresponding black crime problem, that's FAR from being a minority.
Prove it. Of the MILLIONS of black people in the US, what percentage commit crimes? 25%? 50%? 75%? What percentage do you have that allows you to make the assumption that "far from a minority of blacks" commit crimes?

Quote:
If you read some of my previous posts in this thread, black males committing crime and murder IS NOT a minority.
Your posts do not equal proof. Where is your proof?

Quote:
Yes Asians are SOOOO DANGEROUS that they committed a MIND BLOWING 256 murders in 2011. That's right 18+ million Asians living in the US committed a disgusting 256 murders in the US in 2011. If only they had murder rates that were as good as blacks, latinos and whites.

And living in Toronto among 1.5+ million Asians, they barely average even 5 murders a year here. So damn violent these Asians.

Seriously though, I never said there aren't any violent Asians or that there aren't areas in the US that Asians live in that might be ghetto, but relatively speaking they are few and far in between which is why crime rates are so low for them and statistics prove this year after year, decade after decade. The same can't be said for blacks.
Asians in the US are a bit more complex. Many who come here, come from backgrounds of privilege (or at least middle class upbringings). It's very rare for those coming from a middle/upper-class background to live a life of poverty and the crime that is usually associated with it. For a more realistic viewpoint, check the crime in their home countries vs those who are successful enough to come to the US. Not to mention, Asians have never faced the level of oppression of blacks in the US and have not had to deal with the residual effects of that racism.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:51 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You've lost all my respect and there's no point in me debating with you any farther. You are a racist.
I don't blame you.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
You're not posting any facts. all you're doing is making an assumptions on how you feel. When I ask you to post links or any documentation to back anything up, all you do is ignore that and continue ranting on... Your hope post is full of numbers that you pulled out of your behind and there's no sense trying to win an debate with when the other person ignores all facts and instead makes up his own.
To me, it looks as if said person's agenda is "Black people are the scourge of the world". In fact, it sounds similar to this website: Stuff Black People Don't Like - SBPDL

I read some stuff from that website, and then started debating with other people in disagreement with the anti-Black rhetoric going. What I got from it was a nearly emotional breakdown.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:17 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
Quote:
Drugs are just another form of Prohibition. They moved from alcohol, to illegal drugs.

Anytime you "outlaw" something your creating a criminal underbelly if there's a high demand for the product.

If those dealers couldn't sell drugs at or under market prices, they would have to go out and get jobs because there'd be no demand for them. If they're selling under market prices the margins are probably so low there's no real incentive to get into drug dealing.

Ending the Drug War would be the best thing this country could do right now.
All of those thugs selling drugs, would just go and become productive citizens of society and get regular jobs? Your so full of it.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
All of those thugs selling drugs, would just go and become productive citizens of society and get regular jobs? Your so full of it.
Well then, answer my question. Why are there people selling drugs? No one sells anything without a reason.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
I'm from the bootlegging capital (alcohol). Pretty much everybody had regular jobs growing up despite providing many of the Northern cities with alcohol for years.

And talk about thugs selling drugs, prescription meds are responsible for over 100,000 deaths a year. All illegal drugs combined are responsible for less than 19,000 deaths a year.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
What would they do instead? You sell drugs to earn a living. You're not going to earn a living robbing people. Those are usually opportunistic crimes for a quick payoff.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm from the bootlegging capital (alcohol). Pretty much everybody had regular jobs growing up despite providing many of the Northern cities with alcohol for years.

And talk about thugs selling drugs, prescription meds are responsible for over 100,000 deaths a year. All illegal drugs combined are responsible for less than 19,000 deaths a year.
Prescription drug abuse is an epidemic in Appalachia, particularly in the KY/WV portion. Pain killers have a sky-high street value, rivaling cocaine, and probably higher than that. In fact, I watched a documentary on Appalachia. A woman who worked at a clinic took a gun with her to the clinic to ward off any potential thieves who would try to steal painkillers to sell them.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prescription drug abuse is an epidemic in Appalachia, particularly in the KY/WV portion. Pain killers have a sky-high street value, rivaling cocaine, and probably higher than that. In fact, I watched a documentary on Appalachia. A woman who worked at a clinic took a gun with her to the clinic to ward off any potential thieves who would try to steal painkillers to sell them.
Some of my best friends are from Appalachia.

We were able to get over the race barrier unlike some people on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies