Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,106,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do you see a difference now? Black males commit murder at AT LEAST 7 TIMES the rate that white males do for the same age demographics and you don't think that's a huge problem?? Really?
Actually, a small segment of the Black population commits those murders. It is mainly a problem for those who live around the violence. If I were to live in the places where the violence is taking place, then it would be a problem for me as I would be living around it.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 PM

With race, crime,and incarceration, there is another thing I want to point out. While there are alot of crimes committed by Black criminals, there is also a high rate of GETTING CAUGHT. I would say that on the occasion that a Black person commits a crime, said person is often more likely to be caught. Ceteris paribus, the chances of a Black man getting arrested is higher because a Black person is more likely to be watched, or pulled over. Since Blacks are more likely to be pulled over and search(or at the very least, watched), if a Black criminal is pulled over, well, said person just got caught.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:43 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,878 times
Quote:
My math is incorrect?

Well let's see.

Finally found some census figures from 2011:

Age and Sex Composition in the United States: 2011 - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Checkout the numbers in black alone or in combination. I added up the total from that table for the ages between 10-59 and the total number of black or black interracial males came out to 13.6 million. And if you look at black alone table, the number came out to 12.9 million for the same age groups. And keep in mind I used 2012 population numbers from the other table rather than 2011. So HOLY CRAP I was totally off when I said 14 million. So using logic and common sense I was SOOO out of the ballpark with my numbers!! Shame on me! LOL

What do you have to say now? I bet not very much.
LOL your math was wrong period. I will write it up in another post that I'll dumb down for you in terms that you may understand. I'm busy and won't be online much until Tuesday, so I do not have the time to spell things out for you at the moment.

Quote:
Its a racial issue precisely because of the bolded part. No other group of males from any other race or ethnicity whether they're born in the US or are immigrants to the country are committing crime at anywhere near the rate that black males are. Again we're not speaking of double or triple the rates, we're talking about MANY TIMES the rate higher than any other males in the US.

That's a HUGE PROBLEM and the fact that you don't think so just because in relation to 42 million black people it looks like a very small number is the wrong way to look at things.
Anyone who think because a fraction of a percent out of 14 million Black are committing crimes is a HUGE racial problem when 99%+ of that 14 million aren't are fools. The mere fact that almost all of the 14 million black males in that age group aren't committing crimes should present a logical conclusion to any mildly intelligent person that something else other than race has to be at work here regardless of the fact that the fraction of a percent are committing crimes more than any other race.

For example, Lets say America is made up of 3 states. The states are named Left, Middle, and Right. There are 70 White people and 30 Black people living throughout America for a population of 100 total. There were 8 crimes committed in America last year.
  1. Left State has 50 Whites and 14 Blacks. No crime was committed in this state.
  2. Middle State has 19 Whites and 14 Blacks. No crime was committed in this state.
  3. Right State has 1 Whites and 2 Blacks. The 1 white person committed only 1 crime and the 2 Blacks committed 7 crimes.

Now in racial terms, yes it looks bad. You can say that Blacks commit more crime. Per capita is going to look bad racially. Looking at it from a percentage angle in comparison with the white demographic, it will look terrible. You can almost say and apply all the things you've been saying to this example. Here's my point though, only a complete idiot would look at these statistics and come to the conclusion that's it a race problem regardless of the comparable statistics. A person with half a brain would logically conclude that if it were a race problem, then more people in that racial demographic would have the same exact problem. The mere fact that the other 28 Blacks in this example aren't affected should be enough for anyone to rule out race as being an issue.

Even if only 1.42% of whites compared to 6.7% of blacks are committing crime, most would see that the problem could be what state or area they live in. It could be that the Educational system in the Left and Middle states are better. It could be that states with a higher population or with more white people commit less crime. All of those options make more sense than the illogical crap you're trying to feed me.

Using your same logic I can compare percentage rates between to demographics and say that because 4 people in the US was bitten by a shark last year vs 1 people in China were bitten by sharks that, compared to China, America has a 75% SHARK ATTACK RATE AND THAT'S A PROBLEM!! No other country has that high of a shark attack rate!! Do you see a difference now? American's are AT LEAST 4 TIMES the rate that the Chinese are and you don't think that's a huge problem?? Really? Who cares about the fact that only .000000000000001 percent of the US population was attacked by a shark when what we should be worried about is that we have 4x!!!! the rate and a 75%!!!! more of a chance of being bitten than someone in China.... Yea that sounds just are retarded as you trying to convince me that Blacks males have a HUGE problem because of comparable percentages when we're comparing fractions of only 1 percent of a demographic...

I agree with you that it's a huge issue, but I'm not buying that the cause has anything to do with race.... It's just not a logical conclusion to make and I think you're smart enough to know this, but you NEEEED it to be about all Black males for whatever reason.

I'm not going to be back until Tuesday... I do not have time to address the other nonsense you wrote about in your last post right now.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-22-2013 at 05:55 AM..

Old 09-22-2013, 04:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,263,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
LOL your math was wrong period. I will write it up in another post that I'll dumb down for you in terms that you may understand. I'm busy and won't be online much until Tuesday, so I do not have the time to spell things out for you at the moment.

Anyone who think because a fraction of a percent out of 14 million Black are committing crimes is a HUGE racial problem when 99%+ of that 14 million aren't are fools. The mere fact that almost all of the 14 million black males in that age group aren't committing crimes should present a logical conclusion to any mildly intelligent person that something else other than race has to be at work here regardless of the fact that the fraction of a percent are committing crimes more than any other race.

For example, Lets say America is made up of 3 states. The states are named Left, Middle, and Right. There are 70 White people and 30 Black people living throughout America for a population of 100 total. There were 8 crimes committed in America last year.
  1. Left State has 50 Whites and 14 Blacks. No crime was committed in this state.
  2. Middle State has 19 Whites and 14 Blacks. No crime was committed in this state.
  3. Right State has 1 Whites and 2 Blacks. The 1 white person committed only 1 crime and the 2 Blacks committed 7 crimes.
Now in racial terms, yes it looks bad. You can say that Blacks commit more crime. Per capita is going to look bad racially. Looking at it from a percentage angle in comparison with the white demographic, it will look terrible. You can almost say and apply all the things you've been saying to this example. Here's my point though, only a complete idiot would look at these statistics and come to the conclusion that's it a race problem regardless of the comparable statistics. A person with half a brain would logically conclude that if it were a race problem, then more people in that racial demographic would have the same exact problem. The mere fact that the other 28 Blacks in this example aren't affected should be enough for anyone to rule out race as being an issue.

Even if only 1.42% of whites compared to 6.7% of blacks are committing crime, most would see that the problem could be what state or area they live in. It could be that the Educational system in the Left and Middle states are better. It could be that states with a higher population or with more white people commit less crime. All of those options make more sense than the illogical crap you're trying to feed me.

Using your same logic I can compare percentage rates between to demographics and say that because 4 people in the US was bitten by a shark last year vs 1 people in China were bitten by sharks that, compared to China, America has a 75% SHARK ATTACK RATE AND THAT'S A PROBLEM!! No other country has that high of a shark attack rate!! Do you see a difference now? American's are AT LEAST 4 TIMES the rate that the Chinese are and you don't think that's a huge problem?? Really? Who cares about the fact that only .000000000000001 percent of the US population was attacked by a shark when what we should be worried about is that we have 4x!!!! the rate and a 75%!!!! more of a chance of being bitten than someone in China.... Yea that sounds just are retarded as you trying to convince me that Blacks males have a HUGE problem because of comparable percentages when we're comparing fractions of only 1 percent of a demographic...

I agree with you that it's a huge issue, but I'm not buying that the cause has anything to do with race.... It's just not a logical conclusion to make and I think you're smart enough to know this, but you NEEEED it to be about all Black males for whatever reason.

I'm not going to be back until Tuesday... I do not have time to address the other nonsense you wrote about in your last post right now.

That was interesting and I just want to add that blackmales are the most feared group in this country thus making them the easiest target for crime and fear generated laws and actions

Old 09-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. You're right, I do not understand American revisionist history. For a minute there I thought you meant actual history.
Either or, that still does not take away that the blacks in Canada and the ones in here have are treated totally different and have different issues.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Its just a fact that black are more prone to criminal acts than other races. They will attack anyone who points this out.
Really? I guess I should go out and attack someone based on the BS of someone else

Old 09-22-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Number of white males in America - about 110 million
Number of black males in America - about 21 million

So 110 million white males account for 45.2% of murders in US while 21 million black males accout for the other 54.8%. So blacks aren't more violent?

Does that lump all blacks together while isolating white hispanics, asians and anyone else that is non-black? Does it also account for repeat offenders?

Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,002,981 times
Black men do not have discipline. That's what it's all about.

Not to mention since most of the murders by black men are towards other black men, the question I have to ask is why do black men dislike one another so much?

Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,370,450 times
Man, I wonder how many of you apologists have lived - perhaps your entire life, like me - in the inner city. Baffles my mind how some of you apologists keep on with your stuff, but I get it, I do. If you are in that category I'd fight like hell to prove my innocence as well.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Man, I wonder how many of you apologists have lived - perhaps your entire life, like me - in the inner city. Baffles my mind how some of you apologists keep on with your stuff, but I get it, I do. If you are in that category I'd fight like hell to prove my innocence as well.
I would hardly ever consider myself an apolgist. My father actually grew up in the inner city, born and raised. He left, and has never raised his own children there. He is probably more of an apologist than me, but even he knows when to draw the line and say "no excuses".

And what do you mean by "prove my innocence"? I shouldn't have to prove my innocence. I know I'm not part of that underclass element. You see, I can differentiate between regular Black people(rich, middle class, or poor) and the underclass who are actually causing problems. However, it seems like many are not interested in making that differentiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies