Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 12:41 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Death penalty is used in many states. However, the death penalty isn't deterring criminals from committing murder. Many criminals have the mentality of "I don't care if I live or die, so I'm willing to take someone else with me". There are many who are not afraid of prison, or even the death penalty.

Gangland All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2 - YouTube

I would listen to 13:28 - 13:45 to get an idea of how some criminals think.
Well interesting points. I would however suggest we execute the criminals swiftly and without mercy. While it may not deter all criminals it will deter some. The others will be weeded out along with their blood lines. If your found guilty and the case is clear then your executed the next day.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
[quote=BruSan;32699399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post

Well at least you acknowledged the ONLY reason you'd get involved would be reasons of self interest.

Where would this hypothetical future attack be coming from and you've ignored the fact I was responding to the preposition by an American we have yet to suffer a terrorist attack and I proved otherwise did I not?

I'd rather Canada not be considered your acceptable collateral damage zone by developing a plan to intercepting missiles aimed at you before they enter Canadian airspace.

I disagree that you'd be the first country to rush to Canada's defense as relevant history proves otherwise.

We'll discuss allies and your support as long as Montagnards, Hmong tribesmen, Iraqi and Afghani interpretors, South Vietnamese et-al, among a host of others are included.

The only country whose citizens openly discuss invasion of Canada lies directly to the south of us.

You are too busy bickering and fighting among yourselves to coalesce into defending anyone now and this very thread topic is proof of that.

Hey, we Americans sure do appreciate you maple syrup and hockey, eh.

Keep it coming.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:41 PM

285 posts, read 750,241 times

Black Gangs Target Jews In 'Knockout Game' Hate Crimes - YouTube

Old 12-21-2013, 01:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
[quote=theS5;32699686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Hey, we Americans sure do appreciate you maple syrup and hockey, eh.

Keep it coming.
We appreciate those who appreciate us so the maple syrup and hockey are yours to share. We'll raise the ante and give you Justin Bieber and Celine Dion. Install them in your prisons with a never ending loop and none of your convicts would ever desire to re-offend.

Everyone would walk the straight and narrow to avoid really hard time listening to that. No more crime.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:17 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
Black Student Allegedly Beaten By Hasidic Mob In Williamsburg: Gothamist

Old 12-21-2013, 02:19 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Well interesting points. I would however suggest we execute the criminals swiftly and without mercy. While it may not deter all criminals it will deter some. The others will be weeded out along with their blood lines. If your found guilty and the case is clear then your executed the next day.
My point is that the death penalty really isn't much of a deterrent. There are nations like Switzerland, The Netherlands, and Canada, with no death penalty and low crime rates. We lock up and execute more people than anyone else in the industrialized world, and yet, it doesn't deter criminals from committing crimes.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:22 PM

781 posts, read 737,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
3% of the population commits 1/2 the murders, what's the deal here and how is this accepted?
Of course almost all of that is black on black so, hey, natural selection at it's finest...

Old 12-21-2013, 02:33 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Its nice this issue can be talked about without racism being screamed, after all the facts speak for themselves. …still the left would rather use these murders to try and ban guns rather than do something more useful like decriminalizing drugs and ending the drug war or addressing the issues related to black or ghetto culture and its predisposition towards violence.

They simply will not confront this issue directly ever. Thank goodness for internet media and forums.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
I have noticed this. If there is money being involved, or if there are those who have an axe to grind when it comes to Blacks, this subject is rarely touched. If there are people who feel like "Blacks are causing everyone else problems", then people will speak. However, if it is Black people hurting Black people, no one cares, because it's viewed as "it's not our problem because we aren't affected". And in a way, it is the case. If a Black person in a dangerous part of Chicago gets murdered by another Black person, it affects the persons involved, and the families. No one in Tingley Park or Evanston really feels it, especially if said persons have no relation with the person who got murdered. Many people might start talking if they themselves don't feel safe going into the city.
Exactly. A murder is a murder no matter who was involved. By ceding the inner cities to criminals we're losing a lot property to thugs. If we could eradicate the crime and find a way to lift the blighted areas we could reclaim a lot of land. It's a shame because large cities offer the most amenities and things to do and it's horrible we write off these areas as "worthless" when they aren't. A lot of businesses could grow in those areas and with them comes jobs and money. Right now inner cities are feeling self defeating cycles of poverty and crime when they could be feeling self empowering cycles of jobs and growth.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:17 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Death penalty is used in many states. However, the death penalty isn't deterring criminals from committing murder. Many criminals have the mentality of "I don't care if I live or die, so I'm willing to take someone else with me". There are many who are not afraid of prison, or even the death penalty.

Gangland All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2 - YouTube

I would listen to 13:28 - 13:45 to get an idea of how some criminals think.
Negative reinforcement doesn't work most of the time for most people. For some people it does but not everyone. Tough laws have some effect...but they're not 100%. We need to somehow find a way to reach some of these kids who live in gang infested areas and try and offer them positive incentives to shun violence and gangbanging. A lot of these kids who become gangsters were born into nothing, live in nothing, and feel like they are headed for nothing so that breeds a "what do I have to lose?" mentality. There's no fear of prison or death because honestly I work in the corrections system and talked to some of the offenders about their lives. Death or prison look better than what they had before so they figure they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

We need to find a way to offer alternatives so they feel they have options. Get them invested in their future and they suddenly have something to lose by taking the criminal path. People with something to lose are more law abiding generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies