Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Welfare programs cost us over $1 trillion a year and is growing at 20% annually.
This doesn't even take into account Obamacare which starts in 9 days.

What's the military budget..$500 billion or so ?
What's medicare…$450 billion or so ?

Should we eliminate all funding and direct all that money to our welfare programs ?
Is that what you want ?
Eliminate all welfare and give the job of feeding and housing the poor back to the church's. At least they have to go to mass or service to get a meal or a place to stay and they would have to submit to mentoring for their children from the religious community. Not some faceless government program.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:12 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you guys need to figure out if this is a social/lifestyle issue or a fiscal issue.

if its a social/lifestyle issue, mind your own business.

if its a fiscal issue, i need you to worry about bigger pieces of the budget then welfare benefits, which is what, 1-2 percent of the budget?

put some military cuts on the table, cut the benefits and life pensions that soldiers get, then we can start talking.

Yeh, that's a good idea.....let's cut the pensions and money we spend on people who VOLUNTEER to protect your freedom and way of life and give that money to people who don't want to take responsibility for anything.

And as far as minding my own business, as long at my tax dollars are going to support this type of behavior, then that is my business.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Eliminate all welfare and give the job of feeding and housing the poor back to the church's. At least they have to go to mass or service to get a meal or a place to stay and they would have to submit to mentoring for their children from the religious community. Not some faceless government program.
Once the Fed takes over something it never gives it up.
It's a one way street.

Do you think JPMorgan is going to give up the $5 billion in profits they make from just processing SNAP payments ?

Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 AM

237 posts, read 191,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Yeh, that's a good idea.....let's cut the pensions and money we spend on people who VOLUNTEER to protect your freedom and way of life and give that money to people who don't want to take responsibility for anything.

And as far as minding my own business, as long at my tax dollars are going to support this type of behavior, then that is my business.
Defending us from what? Anyway, I believe in workfare. Put people to work. Make them mow lawns, pickup trash, clean up this country. Schools wouldn't need janitors. Require they get educated.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
Defending us from what? Anyway, I believe in workfare. Put people to work. Make them mow lawns, pickup trash, clean up this country. Schools wouldn't need janitors. Require they get educated.

Defending us from what?
Oh, just the several million or so radical muslims who would like to separate your head from your body.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:35 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Unless it's rape the woman is just as responsible. In fact more so because she knows she will be the one stuck with the child.
Um...aren't BOTH parents equally responsible for the child? Why should the woman be somehow more responsible? My point is that she is the one faced with most consequences while the man will abandon his responsibilities and do the same again. Such men deserve to be locked up.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Defending us from what?
Oh, just the several million or so radical muslims who would like to separate your head from your body.
We're now talking about military action in Sudan.

Are we defending the US here ?
If anything our invasions in the ME has only stoked the fires and has made it worse.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 AM

237 posts, read 191,910 times
Quote:
Defending us from what?
Maybe if we pulled our head out their asses. They wouldn't want to kill us.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Churches have no place taking over the responsibility of the government though. Religion has no place in politics either.

Agnostic and proud.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Churches have no place taking over the responsibility of the government though. Religion has no place in politics either.

Agnostic and proud.
Actually it was the churches that started it and the government took it over.
Know your history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies