Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yep. the bogus war on drugs has put many black men in prison.
Drugs are a big part of why there is such a large prison population. And not only that, the amount of time one spends in prison. It takes a lesser amount of crack to do 5 years mandatory than the amount of powder cocaine that it takes. Crack cocaine and powder cocaine are basically the same, except crack is condensed cocaine, and cheap.

And furthermore, there are other things to consider. I won't deny that there is alot of crime committed by some Black people. However, there are other factors no one seems to look at.

1) Blacks are more likely to be caught for their crimes.
2) Blacks at large are poorer than other groups, and Black criminals are also quite poor. This leads to a lack of decent legal counsel. Lack of decent legal counsel equals the higher likelihood for a conviction.
3) Black criminals are more likely to convicted, therefore, more likely to be put in prison, and in some cases, a longer sentence.

The jails being filled up, crime a big part. However, so are some of the processes that lead to jail.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But if there are 6,000 murders committed, there are about 6,000 murderers. Even when factoring young Black men, that is about 9 million young Black men. If you factor in the murderers from that population sample, that is only .006% of the young Black male population committing murders.
I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing with you, I think the OP could have stated what he meant a little better.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing with you, I think the OP could have stated what he meant a little better.
It could have been stated better. However, I feel like this might have been a thinly veiled attempt to complain about Black people.

There is something to consider. There might be alot of crimes committed by Black criminals. However, Black criminals are also more likely to be caught for their crimes, and locked up for them. I don't think anyone accepts this. I feel that the fact the we lock up alot of people says that crime isn't accepted.

What bothers me is that when so many people mention Blacks committing murdered, it is rarely mentioned that the majority of the victims are Blacks. To me, this is an attempt to say "Blacks are savages".

Old 08-24-2013, 10:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Drugs are a big part of why there is such a large prison population. And not only that, the amount of time one spends in prison. It takes a lesser amount of crack to do 5 years mandatory than the amount of powder cocaine that it takes. Crack cocaine and powder cocaine are basically the same, except crack is condensed cocaine, and cheap.

And furthermore, there are other things to consider. I won't deny that there is alot of crime committed by some Black people. However, there are other factors no one seems to look at.

2) Blacks at large are poorer than other groups, and Black criminals are also quite poor. This leads to a lack of decent legal counsel. Lack of decent legal counsel equals the higher likelihood for a conviction.
3) Black criminals are more likely to convicted, therefore, more likely to be put in prison, and in some cases, a longer sentence.

The jails being filled up, crime a big part. However, so are some of the processes that lead to jail.
Good points.

Seen it firsthand.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So when someone actually states that blacks are like 6 times more likely to kill than a white person it really loses it meaning when you are talking about fractions of a percentage point.
That is my statement and absolutely factual with absolutely no ambiguity. It's very simple math especially since it's about a 50/50 split on who is committing the murders.

% is population.

72%(whites) / 12%(blacks) = 6

Statistically speaking if we have 6 whites and 1 black the one black is just as likely to commit murder as one of the white men out the six.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:34 PM

437 posts, read 547,958 times
Quote:
Make examples out of Black killers? O.J. Simpson was made an example of. And consider this, Black killers kill Black men more than anyone else in this country. I don't see you expressing any concern for the victims of Black of Black murders. According to you, Blacks killing White people(which happens much less than Black on Black murders) is of more importance. They are of equal importance because someone has died.

And ever since the Zimmerman verdict, there has been a few more White-on-Black shootings. There are some people who truly don't care. The Black on Black violence, well, those who are committing murder often don't care if they live or die, and often expect to die. I don't think "making an example" will work.
They talked about ok Cus he was one of the most famous football players that's the only reason. Zimmerman and trayvon and James Byrd etc were nobodies.

every race kills mostly their own due to proximity but blacks are the only race that also kill a large number of people outside their race. And I see blacks crying for years any time a white kills them for ANY reason even if its justified, and they clearly show they could give a rip about black on black violence.

And it's not equal at all. Every single white on black shooting(extremely rare)at the very least race will be talked about concerning the killings and most times will be made into national headlines. But whites get killed every day in America by blacks in far more brutal and heartless ways by peoe who express their racism clearly and the media still won't bring up race in ANY OF THEM. It's sickening and probably the biggest lie in the world right now that everyone accepts

Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Explain this. I'm familiar with the murder rates of some Canadian cities. The cities with the highest murder rates in Canada are in the western provinces. Among the big cities, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg have among the highest violent crime rates, highest than Toronto, and those cities have tiny Black populations compared to Toronto. Winnipeg is the murder capital of Canada, and its Black population is tiny, much tinier than Toronto or Montreal.
Yeah those cities do have the highest murder rates but their still lower than about 99% of American cities and towns. People say its the native Americans that are responsible for most of the crime out there but I've never cards to look into it as I would never ever want to live there anyway for reasons other than crime. But all of Canada is safe comPared to anything in America that isn't like 98% non black

Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ah, it's native crime in those cities. You know, those people who are discriminated against who are treated differently because of their race, who don't have the same opportunities as the majority white culture. They have been disrespected, lied to, stolen from and just generally treated like garbage in this country since the beginning. In other words just like blacks in the USA.
Don't compare natives to blacks it's very disrespectful. They ain't killing Anything compared to blacks and they don't hate whites nearly as much either just a Few of em. But they don't get the love blacks get anyway so I wouldn't have that big a problem if they did say something Cus they aren't out here killing people like its nothing

Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
The problem is blacks have failed leadership at home.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:

Well blaks are also the most braZen with ther crimes. You rarely hear of other races shooting up clubs, malls, public places, etc jus for the fun of it. There's a joke told by black people out here that any time u have enough black people in one place someone's gonna get shot. Or just doing random shootings or killing someone for 2 dollars or something like that. There's plenty of poor white hillbilly types all over Kentucky west va etc but those states murder rate isn't very high. I think violent offended aren't punished enough unless they kill someone for example lsu running back Jeremy hill sucker punches a white guy from behind on video outaide a bar, could have killed him easy and not only does he get no jail time but he's still playing for the university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies