Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama made a mess of the middle east with no support when he should have.... Obama is just a do nothing kind of guy. Talk talk talk and do nothing that doesn't add up to anything.
Well, ya. He's a politician. Isn't that what they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Awards are stupid.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Would a Reagan have accepted the Nobel Peace Prize if offered?

Would any man of character accept an honor that they knew they didn't earn?

Right from jump street I knew that obama lacked character for accepting it.

There were perhaps 10,000 people who deserved it....you would think that he would graciously decline the offer in lieu of one who earned it.

This is the man the left fawn over.

Geeze. Get over it.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Would a Reagan have accepted the Nobel Peace Prize if offered?

Would any man of character accept an honor that they knew they didn't earn?

Right from jump street I knew that obama lacked character for accepting it.

There were perhaps 10,000 people who deserved it....you would think that he would graciously decline the offer in lieu of one who earned it.

This is the man the left fawn over.
This is an odd comment to me. "Fawn over " Do you think that pertains to all democratic presidents or just Obama

Old 08-24-2013, 09:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Bill Clinton was "awarded" the sobriquet of "The First Black President."

Under those circumstances, is it fair to "award" Barack Obama the sobriquet of "The First Gay President?"

Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Think i know where this is going. Lets talk about some of you. Could any of you accept an award, that was not earned.

The way i was raised, no i could not. An award is something earned not just given, for the hell of it. If i did not earn an award by merit and was deserving of it, no i would neve accept an award in this way. I did not earn it, why accept an award.

I would not feel right about accepting an award, i was not deserving of, that is just me. How bout some of you!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why are "conservatives" so worried about the Nobel Prize? It isn't a prize usually given to conservatives.
Well, "Chimuelojones", conservatives are worried about the prize because it is supposed to mean something. Obama's winning of it reduced the prize to worthlessness. The prize is usually given to people for accomplishing something, but Obama was awarded the prize because the Nobel Committee liked his vision. It was, in a word, ludicrous.

From the citation for the award: "His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."

There's nothing there about him actually accomplishing anything. It cited not one single result of his diplomacy. No mention of successful negotiations. No mention of stopping any conflicts. Nothing. He was literally awarded the prize for making speeches that sounded good.

And no, it is not a prize usually given to conservatives. Al Gore and Jimmy Carter also won it.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because it's all they've got. The whole birth certificate thing only made them look like FOOLS.
It's all we've got? Hardly. We've got Benghazi, Solyndra, the stimulus, sequestration, IRS, NSA, Fast & Furious, recess appointments, Syria, food stamps, Detroit, the oil spill, drilling permits, beer summit, Arab Spring, Obamacare backroom deals delays and mandates. You know - all the phony scandals. In fact, "phony scandals" itself is a scandal, given that it has been proven that the administration lied about the "no domestic spying" NSA situation, the "it was just a few rogue agents in Cincinnati" IRS situation , and the "we had no evidence there was any terrorist involvement" Benghazi situation.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why are "conservatives" so worried about the Nobel Prize? It isn't a prize usually given to conservatives.
As a rule it's not a prize given to complete fools either, but, I guess they changed the rules so they could
kiss Obama's a$$. The Nobel Prize now qualifies as the biggest joke in the world.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
He shouldn't have accepted it. He must be impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies