Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:06 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,193 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/27/wo...ssad.html?_r=0

In short:

- It's none of our business but we don't care, we're making it our business.

- Kerry re-watched the youtube videos of people dying to convince himself this is what we need to be doing.

- Kerry saw dead babies, muscle spasms, and no gunshot wounds.

- The UN was, after 5 days of alleged "refusal", allowed to enter the war zone to inspect the scene.

- Kerry claims the Syrian gubment launched mortars at the scene to destroy the evidence, forgetting that it is in fact a war zone inhabited by terrorists. For **** sake, the UN took sniper fire and mortar fire at the scene yesterday!

- Kerry admitted that the UN investigation will not prove WHO used the weapons but confirms America has already made the gut decision... and we feel the same about this as the US government.

- Kerry confirmed that Obama will make his decision on the issue and will be kind enough to share it with us. Maybe he'll be nice enough to share it with our useless congress this time.

Anyone else have that sinking feeling? This must be how it feels to be a proud American now. But by all means, keep arguing about race! It's what's really important!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I've yet to see Dems come here defending the administration for what they are about to do.

The problem is that the US cannot invade until the UN says OK.
I guess we've completely eliminated our Congress from the picture because that hasn't even come up in the press.

Had Congress OK'd our invasion of Syria ?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've yet to see Dems come here defending the administration for what they are about to do.

I guess we've completely eliminated our Congress from the picture because that hasn't even come up in the press.

I believe the "rules" about the UN Mandate are about to "change" - Obama already established that he doesn't need Congress to bomb another country with Libya. Exactly who do you think is going to stop him from going around them again? Eric Holder? Holder is busy with lawsuits against Donald Trump, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina and Arizona. Obama claimed even last week and Hagel claimed today that they "must" have a United Nations Security Council Mandate on action is Syria -- Russia has already responded that they won't have that AND that any action against Syria will be "illegal".
Russia warns about a grave violation of international law, so that throws out the UNSC Mandate for Military action ..... we are then left with the much vilified "Coalition of the Willing" that George Bush used to take military action in Iraq. Obama campaigned against exactly this to get elected as a Senator and as President. I'm not a fan of double standards OR War.

The Realist Prism: Obama's 'Coalition of the Willing' Problem

We are going to see some fancy tap dancing on the head of a pin. Dems are going to be hugging their stuffed donkey while the tingly legged media pretends this is not happening and concentrates on their "race war" and "war on women". No anti-war protests .... that's just so 10 years ago.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Obama won't do anything. He is too terrified of Muslims.

He is weak as water.

All he can do is be well-spoken and clean.

Kerry will issue forth with biting rhetoric.

The clowns in the UN will harumph, demand something be done, then demand more money for the uselessness that they do.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Just another lesson that if your going to talk the talk be prepare to walk the walk. This I dare you to cross this line then I doubt dog dare you to cross this new line only works in Chicago elementary schools. Obama had talked himself into a corner its clear.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:

That is the thing. Obama himself said that it is illegal for a president to use military force without congressional approval (unless it is an immediate threat to national security). Liberals applauded these words.

Then Obama deliberately avoided a vote in congress when he used force in Libya and is now prepared to use force in Syria without congress...and not a peep from these liberals that claim to have some sort of high ground and consistency. Bush not only got a congressional vote on Iraq, he got the majority of Democrat senators to vote for it including Hillary and Biden.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:

Yes you are correct nobody even talking about any type of resolution.........any type at all. Just send in the fighters and bombers the way democrats love to fight wars. Nice and clean. My question is why are we doing this and the end goal can only be Iran. No reason to mess in Syria unless Iran is in play.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes you are correct nobody even talking about any type of resolution.........any type at all. Just send in the fighters and bombers the way democrats love to fight wars. Nice and clean. My question is why are we doing this and the end goal can only be Iran. No reason to mess in Syria unless Iran is in play.
Agreed. Tho Iraq and Iran fought a long war and it was a draw. We took out Iraq in a few weeks both times. If Iran was smart; they'd just sit down because it'd go real bad for them in a war against the US especially if we blew through Syria 1st.

Otherwise: we need to stay OUT of Syria unless we're gonna play for keeps.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Tho Iraq and Iran fought a long war and it was a draw. We took out Iraq in a few weeks both times. If Iran was smart; they'd just sit down because it'd go real bad for them in a war against the US especially if we blew through Syria 1st.

Otherwise: we need to stay OUT of Syria unless we're gonna play for keeps.
The thing is, that in modern warfare, we can always beat the army but we can't ever beat the people. Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples of that.
The last time we beat a country and created a true democracy out of the nation was Japan and that was almost 70 years ago.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:52 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The thing is, that in modern warfare, we can always beat the army but we can't ever beat the people. Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples of that.
The last time we beat a country and created a true democracy out of the nation was Japan and that was almost 70 years ago.
It's incredible how dropping bombs on civilians and killing hundreds of thousands of innocents pisses off the people in those countries.

You would think they would appreciate our efforts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies