Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 09:24 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I know what I wrote.
I know what you wrote as well. That's not the problem. The problem is what you're saying derives from an uninformed opinion... There is plenty of evidence that shatters your preconceived notion. Like the Voting Rights Act for one...

Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Hilarious, isn't it? Someone should put up the clip of Paul Weyrich talking about wanting less people to vote.
I know right. Just when I though I heard all the made up conservative principles, "not wanting to **** citizens off" or "disenfranchise them" pops up... A professional screenwriter could fantasize better... lol...

Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I know right. Just when I though I heard all the made up conservative principles, "not wanting to **** citizens off" or "disenfranchise them" pops up... A professional screenwriter could fantasize better... lol...
Kind of like how they're "fighting to save Medicare and Social Security."

My favorite used to be when they would talk about wanting to protect the environment. The morons don't even bother attempting to say than anymore, they just grunt out, "Drill, baby, drill!"

Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I know what you wrote as well. That's not the problem. The problem is what you're saying derives from an uninformed opinion... There is plenty of evidence that shatters your preconceived notion. Like the Voting Rights Act for one...
Conservatism isn't about race. I know you lefties want everything to be about race, but it just isn't so.

If I listened to you and cometclear, I would believe the TEA Party was a racist group. I am a conservative. I know who I am.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Conservatism isn't about race. I know you lefties want everything to be about race, but it just isn't so.

If I listened to you and cometclear, I would believe the TEA Party was a racist group. I am a conservative. I know who I am.
Right, that's why half the front page on this forum are threads about blacks, started by right-wingers. Who in the world do you think you're fooling, Scooter? You geniuses can't stop brining it up.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,250 times
Quote:
Right, that's why half the front page on this forum are threads about blacks, started by right-wingers. Who in the world do you think you're fooling, Scooter? You geniuses can't stop brining it up.
Scooter.... really? bwahahahaha

You are a riot. So far out in left field. I bet you're even more entertaining in person.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Scooter.... really? bwahahahaha

You are a riot. So far out in left field. I bet you're even more entertaining in person.
So much so that I've remarked before that I really should be compensated in some way, monetarily speaking.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:54 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
Quote:
Exactly. They go out of their way to alienating virtually every non-white group (and numerous white subgroups) and then whine that the people they alienate and exclude don't want to vote for them. It's almost like they don't understand cause and effect.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:00 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
That is what every real conservative wants to hear from the people legally living here. This is your nation, and it is a great nation, and I hope you feel good about being a citizen of this nation.

Conservatives don't want a bunch of the population feeling pissed off and disenfranchised. Make the best of being an American. Don't turn it into Europe... or worse.
I didn't say it because I wanted conservatives to hear it. I said it because I was born here. I said it for me. I said it because no one is going to tell me that this isn't my country. This was part of Dr. King's ideas. He felt like as American citizens, all people should be treated the same and guaranteed the same rights. He felt that if a Black American is an American, he should be treated like an American, and therefore, encouraged people to stand up for themselves, to make changes. Neo-Nazis would love to see people like me kicked out of this nation.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I didn't say it because I wanted conservatives to hear it. I said it because I was born here. I said it for me. I said it because no one is going to tell me that this isn't my country. This was part of Dr. King's ideas. He felt like as American citizens, all people should be treated the same and guaranteed the same rights. He felt that if a Black American is an American, he should be treated like an American, and therefore, encouraged people to stand up for themselves, to make changes. Neo-Nazis would love to see people like me kicked out of this nation.
It is your country. Blacks have been in the USA since Day One. They were here before the USA became the USA.

The USA has never been a one-race or one-ethnicity nation. We've been the most racially and ethnically mixed nation that ever existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies