Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM

471 posts, read 977,430 times

Advertisements

I would rather see the creepy Nazi types waving their swastika banners and shouting their slogans...than live in a country that had all sorts of laws muzzling them...

I am glad that even the fringe elements have the right to speak their minds....The fact that we can also laugh and make fun of them is a good thing too!

To each their own...

Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
I would rather see the Nazi types waving their swastika banners and shouting their slogans...than live in a country that had all sorts of laws muzzling them...

I am glad that even the fringe elements have the right to speak their minds....The fact that we can also laugh and make fun of them is a good thing too!

To each their own...
Well, I'm not you. Those Neo-Nazis are a threat to me, as a Black man. I know those Neo-Nazis would love to see me dead. In fact, violence has come from them.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Did I say liberals are out there "defending" them? No. What I said is that you see teenage girls going on rants about ghetto blacks on Youtube, they receive death threats and are forced out of school, comments filled with white liberals such as yourself (assuming you're white) demonizing the living hell out of them... and yet at the same time, people like you are nowhere to be seen in videos of the Black Panthers threatening to kill white children. Don't act like the double standard doesn't exist. You're not fooling anybody.

And you say the reason it didn't get much attention is because the Black Panthers are *time to make excuse up* "tiny and insignificant." Pal, I'm comparing it to two teenage girls here. lol
I never commented on those girls nor on the "Black Panthers" before this. In fact, when speaking in general terms, I have gone so far as to say that I respect people like those girls more than people like you, if for no other reason than that they at least have the courage to outright state what they believe about those "dirty n*ggers." I've had a whole lifetime of having to listen to white people say what they really think when they believe it to be "safe."

I have never claimed racist rhetoric from blacks is treated the same as from whites. Given the history of murder and state-sponsored discrimination against blacks, you'd have to be a fool to not predict the differing reactions from many quarters.

You asked me why there is such a disparity in reaction between the two cases. I respond that few care or even know what the "New Black Panthers" are and that they are insignificant. Tell me, why do you think it isn't front-page news when the Aryan Nation makes racist proclamations and calls for violence against minorities? For the same reason. People have justifiably concluded it is a fringe organization of kooks and their pronouncements are entirely predictable. When two teenage girls make and broadcast vile, racist pronouncements, it is much more newsworthy.

Now, why don't you answer my question: Why isn't it front-page news when the Aryan Nation or some other right-wing, hate organization says things similar to what you claim about the "New Black Panthers?"

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Not a fan of white supremacists, but should the drones take out the new black panthers too?
It would be a waste of money to fire a missile at three people. The NBPP is practically insignificant but they are used as a lightning rod by neocons... White supremacist are a stain on America's sheets... The people that make up the white supremacist movement are responsible for more terrorist attacks than Muslim extremist historically...

Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It would be a waste of money to fire a missile at three people. The NBPP is practically insignificant but they are used as a lightning rod by neocons... White supremacist are a stain on America's sheets... The people that make up the white supremacist movement are responsible for more terrorist attacks than Muslim extremist historically...
Yep, a quite a number of them have taken other whites with them as they went out with a bang...

Old 08-25-2013, 10:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
These white supremacists are buying up homes in ND so other white supremacists can move there... North Dakota...

Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
These white supremacists are buying up homes in ND so other white supremacists can move there... North Dakota...
As a Black man who has considered going to North Dakota for work, I do not want to be around those kinds of individuals. It would make my life quite hard. I look at it like this. Low crime rate, low unemployment rate. Sounds like a good place for me. I don't want some Neo-Nazis trying to turn it into a "no Blacks allowed" zone.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As a Black man who has considered going to North Dakota for work, I do not want to be around those kinds of individuals. It would make my life quite hard. I look at it like this. Low crime rate, low unemployment rate. Sounds like a good place for me. I don't want some Neo-Nazis trying to turn it into a "no Blacks allowed" zone.
Do not move to western North Dakota.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would never look for work in Detroit or Philly or Chicago.

Most North Dakotans aren't going to give you trouble, same as most white people everywhere.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Do not move to western North Dakota.
What's over there besides the Bakken oil fields that I should know of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies