Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM

7,142 posts, read 4,737,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Were they at the actual event? No I wasn't there but we live right outside the city and my husband and son work there. And yeah, they were there just to check it out. They said a huge mess was left but it's the norm for that many people so it's really no big deal. Please don't make the tea party out to be neat freaks lol Sorry, no pics but I doubt anyone who actually saw it would lie.

They were there, yes.
And the place was not strewn with garbage afterwards.

It's not a matter of being "neat freaks," but rather respectful of their environment. I'm not categorizing the tea party as opposed to any other group. Just stating the facts of who was there, when, and in what condition the place was left.

I doubt that the people I know who saw it that day have lied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 09:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Garbage lives in Washington DC.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
They were there, yes.
And the place was not strewn with garbage afterwards.

It's not a matter of being "neat freaks," but rather respectful of their environment. I'm not categorizing the tea party as opposed to any other group. Just stating the facts of who was there, when, and in what condition the place was left.

I doubt that the people I know who saw it that day have lied.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree then

Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Garbage lives in Washington DC.
Really, I don't see that at all. Why do you feel that way

Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Were they at the actual event? No I wasn't there but we live right outside the city and my husband and son work there. And yeah, they were there just to check it out. They said a huge mess was left but it's the norm for that many people so it's really no big deal. Please don't make the tea party out to be neat freaks lol Sorry, no pics but I doubt anyone who actually saw it would lie.

The comparison...

On the Mall after the Restoring Honor Rally - YouTube

Post-Barackalyptic Wasteland - YouTube

Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 PM

I don't need to see any video lol thanks anyway. Were you there, no you weren't. You just rely on videos of others. Videos can be altered and misconstrued. If that's what you believe then fine but I believe those that were actually there.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
I don't need to see any video lol thanks anyway. Were you there, no you weren't. You just rely on videos of others. Videos can be altered and misconstrued. If that's what you believe then fine but I believe those that were actually there.

No, one does not need to see anything, when that one is blind.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, one does not need to see anything, when that one is blind.
Blind?? Who is blind here. You rely on videos while I rely on people who were actually there. Whatever, believe what you want to believe...doesn't matter to me.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Stupid, stupid thread.

MLK was one of the greatest Americans in the last 100 years, top 5 easy all-time.....show some respect and knowledge of history....
Isn't that what the thread is all about - honoring a great man and how this "respect" was shown to both Dr King's memory and our Nation's Capitol. Worse was the attempt to turn the 50th anniversary of the greatest speech I ever heard - a speech that literally changed the course of this nation .... into a 'rally' for everything from Abortion to a kid in Florida that had been kicked out of school and attacked the wrong man one night. "Jim Crow is Back" and "Justice for Trayvon" - this is the legacy of Dr. King to those that attended today. We can only hope they do better on Wednesday..

The trashed National Mall on Sunday demonstrates disrespect for our nation and other citizens. The shameful mess left behind from the anniversary march dishonors King’s memory.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Isn't that what the thread is all about - honoring a great man and how this "respect" was shown to both Dr King's memory and our Nation's Capitol. Worse was the attempt to turn the 50th anniversary of the greatest speech I ever heard - a speech that literally changed the course of this nation .... into a 'rally' for everything from Abortion to a kid in Florida that had been kicked out of school and attacked the wrong man one night. "Jim Crow is Back" and "Justice for Trayvon" - this is the legacy of Dr. King to those that attended today. We can only hope they do better on Wednesday..

The trashed National Mall on Sunday demonstrates disrespect for our nation and other citizens. The shameful mess left behind from the anniversary march dishonors King’s memory.

Omg, this happens all the time there when you have such a large crowd. Have you been there on July 4th. You can't even find any trash cans. And if you do they are overflowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies