Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Well, think what you like, however, I'm not a GOP Fan!

What I was pointing out here is Obama's Fear....

and he admitted it....this

President Obama blamed some of his problems on Rush Limbaugh the other day. And that may not be a brilliant strategy.

In an interview with CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, the president said that some congressional Republicans tell him privately that they believe defunding ObamaCare is a bad idea, but say they are “worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on the radio.”

Really? A guy with a microphone is preventing the president of the United States from getting his way on Capitol Hill? Is Rush that powerful?
If this was a paragraph on an elementary school reading comprehension test, most, if not all of the students, would come to the conclusion that it is the GOP that is fearful of a radio show host (which btw...is common knowledge) and that the POTUS is acknowledging their fear..the students would be correct!.

Rush Limbaugh instills fear in GOP candidates - Washington Post

Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party
http://www.salon.com/2009/03/01/limbaugh_11/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-26-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 08:32 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
exactly, thank you, thank you, thank you....

However, I will add this, I also think a whole lot of republicans have gone to the liberal side, simply b/c it's easier....and you have to admit, some Republicans have been under fire for that? Some of them sold us out on immigration and on Obamacare...and if I'm wrong, I won't be offended if you correct me.

Ever since Bengazi, I don't believe anything Obama says.

I dont disagree with you at all.

but take a look at guys like Rubio. Rush was dead set against Rubio's work on immagration.

Rubio didnt back down and neither did Rush. Republicans arent scared of Rush.

There may be some moderate center/left republicans that are afraid they will get primaried by a Tea Party candidate, but that is PARTY POLITICS.

The only people afraid of Rush are liberals. They are the ones that boycott, call for his firing, talk about how bad and mean he is. use him as an excuse to get Fairness doctrine put in place.

Liberals are scared. Republicans arent.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
ummmm, there are only 2 pages....
I show that we're now on page six of this thread. Perhaps counting is as difficult for you as admitting you are wrong.

Quote:
and I intend to continue, as long as someone offers some intellect....and it isn't a lie...
Except, of course, for the lie that you opened the thread with.

Quote:
Obama is irresponsible...and always blaming someone else for his mistakes, look what he did to Hillary...thru her under the bus without thinking twice, why do you think she distanced herself from him, and others have been doing the same thing.
Yeah, she distanced herself by becoming his Secretary of State for four years. I'm trying to decide if you are willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant. The jury is out...

Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If this was a paragraph on an elementary school reading comprehension test, most, if not all of the students, would come to the conclusion that it is the GOP that is fearful of a radio how host (which btw...is common knowledge) and that the POTUS is acknowledging their fear..the students would be correct!.

Rush Limbaugh instills fear in GOP candidates - Washington Post

Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party
Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party - Salon.com
I have heard Rush Limbaugh years ago, make terrible remarks about Hillary and Bill's daughter, and I stopped following him for many many years, due to that. I'm not saying his language isn't bad at times, it is...

and by the way, I've written Hannity and suggested if he wanted change he has to admit that both sides are corrupt and stop being a right wing extremists, b/c I even heard him say, "Bush didn't do such a good job" which he didn't.

I don't know if my letter to him caused him to change his views, but I've heard him say before that the Republicans are not doing they're job...and they are not, I totally agree....

Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I dont disagree with you at all.

but take a look at guys like Rubio. Rush was dead set against Rubio's work on immagration.

Rubio didnt back down and neither did Rush. Republicans arent scared of Rush.

There may be some moderate center/left republicans that are afraid they will get primaried by a Tea Party candidate, but that is PARTY POLITICS.

The only people afraid of Rush are liberals. They are the ones that boycott, call for his firing, talk about how bad and mean he is. use him as an excuse to get Fairness doctrine put in place.

Liberals are scared. Republicans arent.
That makes sense, your right....I mean, just look at some of these posts, how ugly they get...can't help but agree with you.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
HeyJude514

Yeah, she distanced herself by becoming his Secretary of State for four years. I'm trying to decide if you are willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant. The jury is out...
yes, she worked for him for 4 years, and then what happened?
She got sick and retired....
I don't believe she was sick at all, I believe she was completely blown away that he thru her under the bus over Bengazi...

so she was told, if she wanted to run for President, to distance herself from him, b/c he is going down...and he is....and everytime he opens his mouth to speak, he digs himself in deeper.

I'm sorry, but Obama was just not President material....not enough experience...and thinks of himself as a God.....he is not...he is just a human being

And, I did not open the thread with a Lie, President Obama said that, that isn't a lie...he fears Rush Limbaugh...or he wouldn't have never said what he said on camera....what he said, is how he thinks and feels....

Under my very last post, it says, "PAGE 2 of 2"

Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
yes, she worked for him for 4 years, and then what happened?
She served longer than Condi Rice. Are you saying Condi bailed on W? In fact, Clinton served longer than the majority of people who held that office.

List of United States Secretaries of State by time in office - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I don't believe she was sick at all, I believe she was completely blown away that he thru her under the bus over Bengazi...so she was told, if she wanted to run for President, to distance herself from him, b/c he is going down
Yeah, we all got a good look at what you believe from your OP. Enough said.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-26-2013 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
He made a public statement to the press which shows how he truly thinks and believes and if you don't get that, fine...be entertained....welcome to the Hotel California.
He did make one, which is different than the one you criticised him about. The one you criticised him on you made up. We can discuss what he said, but discussions on the things you make up is not relevent. I don't see what needs to be discussed about the fiction, and straw men, you make up.

Quote:
ummmm, there are only 2 pages....
This quote landed on page 5, as well as the comment it quoted. This is reality and easily verifable.

I know actual reality has a liberal bias, but the more comments I read on this imagined "reality" you comment on...the more I see some seriously disturbed mental processes. I'm not trying to be rude, or insulting, but you may honestly want to get some real professional help. If it's this obvious across the web in a single thread, then it must have come up before.

I think anyone who believes something that has been absolutelty proven to be false, and doesn't care, might want to get a check by a professional. This isn't really a difference of opinion at this point, it's a difference of reality. Facts are the things that when you close your eyes they don't go away.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Well, think what you like, however, I'm not a GOP Fan!

What I was pointing out here is Obama's Fear....

and he admitted it....this

President Obama blamed some of his problems on Rush Limbaugh the other day. And that may not be a brilliant strategy.

In an interview with CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, the president said that some congressional Republicans tell him privately that they believe defunding ObamaCare is a bad idea, but say they are “worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on the radio.”

Really? A guy with a microphone is preventing the president of the United States from getting his way on Capitol Hill? Is Rush that powerful?
Sorry but he is pointing out republicans fear, not his own. Reread what you posted.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
I have heard Rush Limbaugh years ago, make terrible remarks about Hillary and Bill's daughter, and I stopped following him for many many years, due to that. I'm not saying his language isn't bad at times, it is...

Yep, I remember him saying that and that's one reason why I think Rush is a disgusting fat old man. But that is why he is so popular with republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies