Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
And you are always making up excuses. 90 year old people usually don't live alone. Nor do I want 90 year old people to shoot around, or drive cars for that matter...

In the example the drunk guy was outside the house, yelling and hitting the door. Even if there is no police anywhere near, do neighbors not want to help each other anymore? They must have heard...

I remember the other day I left the house in the morning, and when I left I obviously did not close the main door downstairs properly, so it opened again with the wind. I was told by a neighbor in the evening that they had called the police just because the door was not closed
Neighbors won't help you if you are a woman and getting raped in the street in the USA anymore. We have too many lawyers and too many frivolous lawsuits. if you were to stop and help some stranger in the USA anymore you risk being sued.

There is a govt civil servant's job at risk as well if you do.

Lets say a women drives off a icy road in winter time, and is stuck. Nothing else is wrong. She has 3 kids with her. You arrive in a 4x4 truck and have 50 feet of chain.

1 you pull her car out and she gets a nick in the paint. Your fault.. you get sued.

2 you pull her car out and the cops show up. They arrest you because you lost the DOT wreckers guy some business where he would have charged 150 bucks for the call. You pay a fine in court for helping and the wrecker guys sues you too.

There is 3,4,5, 6 and more reasons to just drive by..........

In the USA anymore you just let the cops come when they are good and ready to come if you expect the cops top come at all.

With in 72 hours they will show up........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:31 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I agree with that, but this is the term they use to call on one another. progy libs which sounds so intelligent.

These people have 0 living skill sets and just spume the party line, which everyone else hears as bahh bahh and errr uhh ahh umm and the latest la la la la

These same proggy libs are looking for a loophole to TAX guns and ammo out of existence.

That won't ever happen, but they are FREE to Try. I like it when proggy libs pay more TAXES for anything. The more they pay the less i have too.
- I would not consider myself a progressive liberal in the American sense, I would not want to be associated with either US party.
- My living skills have enabled me to survive for almost 5 decades now. I am a modern urban human being, not a survivalist. I have the skills a modern society requires. That's enough, obviously.
- Taxes on guns and ammunition are an odd way to get rid of them and probably would not work, who has suggested that? Certainly not me. It would only lead to unfairness as wealthy people could easily afford such taxes.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
And you are always making up excuses. 90 year old people usually don't live alone. Nor do I want 90 year old people to shoot around, or drive cars for that matter...

In the example the drunk guy was outside the house, yelling and hitting the door. Even if there is no police anywhere near, do neighbors not want to help each other anymore? They must have heard...

I remember the other day I left the house in the morning, and when I left I obviously did not close the main door downstairs properly, so it opened again with the wind. I was told by a neighbor in the evening that they had called the police just because the door was not closed
My parents are in their 70's. My dad has an artificial knee and looking at having hip surgery soon. He could never protect himself physically nor could he run away. But he has a Taurus Judge with him most of the time. I think it is a novelty gun but he likes it and it is loaded with .410 buckshot so it will do some damage.

My incident happened in less than 10 minutes. Even though one of the apartment managers lived across the hall, they never heard anything.

If my neighbor across the street had left his door open, I would have closed it and sent him a text letting him know. I have nothing to do with the neighbor right next to me. It's free association among people.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:39 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
... They rob us in the WalMart parking lot ...

Las Vegas CCW permit holder defends himself! (in Wal*Mart parking lot)

Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
At least you are honest enough to admit the situation that kind of forces you to behave the way you do is not a good one. As I said pages ago, if that is the situation in the US, I understand why people feel unsafe and thus the need to protect themselves. Still, I get the feeling that most people have accepted that situation as if it were the new standard once and forever. Some might even like it that way...

Yes, I found that place, I told you yesterday in another post.
I missed that other post..... I still have missed that other post.

I see no difference between cops and crooks. They are both after the same thing. $$$$$$$$$$$ Both are willing to put other peoples lives at risk.

In some USA cities you can be shot for just something to do..... While any time i am out and about and so at risk, the fact i carry gives me a better chance to survive than if i did not carry at all.

I am 61, almost 62 a son of a hunter and so not new by any means to the gun culture. I was raised around guns and was taught how to use them long ago. Once the guns in my family unit were just for paper punching and for hunting.

My father a WW-2 Vet that saw combat, never owned or wanted a self defense made for on purpose gun and in fact never had one.

However he is gone and so is that way of life in the USA now.

The result is many people have found a need to be armed, and we are.

When i shot the bad guy I used a English made shot gun and had no SD type of gun... My 1/2 sisters are professional when and they all have SD type guns too. One s a medical doctor and remains armed because she is at risk for getting robbed at work over drugs! Another works in a bank, another has a PHD and so while her job is not related to drugs or money she has money and items of value, and here in the USA there are more than plenty bad guys that are far bigger and faster than they are.

If i seem to be a bad ass you should check my 1/2 sisters out.

We have the Right to congregate too but just try that in the USA today...... 'Move along nothing to see. just move along.'

I started not helping out strangers after having cops pull a few too many guns on me. In time i could clear myself, but the real work never took place.

I recall finding a naked woman on the beach in Daytona Fla. In the act of trying to help and get her help 2 dumb assed cops happened by and sure enough I got guns pointed at me and i was arrested.

2 weeks later that woman was stabbed to death in the hospital lobby by the rapist.

Me: I have been arrested many times, but I have not been convicted once. Not helping strangers has reduced my times to be arrested.

The USA is becoming a Police State. The sheep here seem to like it.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
- My living skills have enabled me to survive for almost 5 decades now. I am a modern urban human being, not a survivalist. I have the skills a modern society requires. That's enough, obviously.
What if your urban setting breaks down? Look at New Orleans during Katrina (8 year anniversary today). I live just south of the New Madrid fault line in the middle of the US. If that one decides to blow, it will cripple St. Louis and Memphis. 10 years ago, 75% of Memphis had the power knocked out due to a massive storm and straight line winds (nicknamed Hurricane Elvis).

What's your plan? Sit back and let government save you? People start out nice but things can get ugly fast. Author Matthew Bracken has some great blog posts about these situations. Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence | Western Rifle Shooters Association
Bracken: Alas, Brave New Babylon | Western Rifle Shooters Association

Old 08-29-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They probably have security inside Walmart, though, to make sure nobody steals a candy bar

Old 08-29-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I missed that other post..... I still have missed that other post.

I see no difference between cops and crooks. They are both after the same thing. $$$$$$$$$$$ Both are willing to put other peoples lives at risk.

In some USA cities you can be shot for just something to do..... While any time i am out and about and so at risk, the fact i carry gives me a better chance to survive than if i did not carry at all.

I am 61, almost 62 a son of a hunter and so not new by any means to the gun culture. I was raised around guns and was taught how to use them long ago. Once the guns in my family unit were just for paper punching and for hunting.

My father a WW-2 Vet that saw combat, never owned or wanted a self defense made for on purpose gun and in fact never had one.

However he is gone and so is that way of life in the USA now.

The result is many people have found a need to be armed, and we are.

When i shot the bad guy I used a English made shot gun and had no SD type of gun... My 1/2 sisters are professional when and they all have SD type guns too. One s a medical doctor and remains armed because she is at risk for getting robbed at work over drugs! Another works in a bank, another has a PHD and so while her job is not related to drugs or money she has money and items of value, and here in the USA there are more than plenty bad guys that are far bigger and faster than they are.

If i seem to be a bad ass you should check my 1/2 sisters out.

We have the Right to congregate too but just try that in the USA today...... 'Move along nothing to see. just move along.'

I started not helping out strangers after having cops pull a few too many guns on me. In time i could clear myself, but the real work never took place.

I recall finding a naked woman on the beach in Daytona Fla. In the act of trying to help and get her help 2 dumb assed cops happened by and sure enough I got guns pointed at me and i was arrested.

2 weeks later that woman was stabbed to death in the hospital lobby by the rapist.

Me: I have been arrested many times, but I have not been convicted once. Not helping strangers has reduced my times to be arrested.

The USA is becoming a Police State. The sheep here seem to like it.
I understand that such experiences do not exactly make people want to help each other. I think the police also have a hard time as they are used to dealing with the weirdest crimes and criminals. So when they find a total stranger with a naked woman on the beach, they might jump to the wrong conclusions as they can't read your mind. But of course some cops are simply not what they should be. Some cops tend to abuse their power, that is a problem around the world, here as well.

//www.city-data.com/forum/31174152-post209.html

Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I am a parasite because I am against a society that makes people feel so unsafe they feel like only a gun can protect them and their loved ones? Since I am a parasite, how am I benefiting from whatever you are accusing me of here?
That's too bad...... Since the late 60's in the USA social order has completely broken down. No longer is there means for boys to know when they have become men. In fact boys are raised up to be more like girls and women than they would be men.

Girls are also raised to have 0 living skills, and can not cook or sew, while boys don't really have any living skills either.

In the USA if you can't do something by the press of a button it can't be done.

On the tv these days are silly adds about college level car maintenance skills, and while both genders are shown on the adds and everyone is so nice and clean anyone NOT a sheep knows that is all based on pure Bull.

You should know there can not be 2 captains on the same ship in control. Well that idea is right out the window these days in any home in the USA. There is no family unit unless 2 kids a single mom are it. Hardly worth the bother.

There are no values, no moral, no honor, no ethics in the USA. It is dog eat dog and that is all it is,. and every time you turn around some public servant has his /her hand out for more fees, taxes and fines.

We have the eye in the sky everywhere. You can't buy privacy. When some one you love dies, strangers tell you the rule sets, and you pay no less than 6,000 dollars.

Civil servants are more apt to 'bend' the rules so they don't have to deal with the issues than not. They may request items as Social Security Numbers and bank routing numbers and refuse to give you their first name. These same Civil Servants are more apt to break the law on civil rights and disability federal laws, just so they can get out of work a moment or 2 early.

There is nothing a private citizen can do, or so we are told.

Now i don't know what the sheep get..... I just know I pay for what ever that is.

But what i think the sheep get is nothing, but they live and breath on 'someday' they will be given what they want

These days the younger set have the idea you are given a job.... This job will have a pay rate that will care for all the needs to have a house, a car and plenty of free time. They think everyone before them had this gift as well.

I am talking about 0 living skills. These days in the USA it's all about 'image' if you dress that part you must be able to know that part.

I just love it when i see 2 old fat guys wearing pedal bike specialty shorts, a pedal bike helmet, and the bike! standing outside a Dairy Queen.

Down in Texas they have a word for that sort of thing. Down in Texas they call that being a 'Post Turtle'.

Do you know what a Post Turtle is?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM

10,582 posts, read 9,765,067 times
Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies