Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well what is Russia gonna do but fund the same clowns to fight agianst our interests like we are doing against them? Unless your think they will just go all out and do something? They can't and neither can we. We all see it coming a mile away and that is why all this behind the scene proxy war crap is going on.
I wasn't saying anything would happen in a direct nature. Russia just supplied the Syrian government with their most advanced anti ship missile systems.

It'll get ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
How ugly though? Not ugly much for the US. We know how this whole thing will play out and so will the ruskies. All another chess piece in play here. Their "anti ship missiles systems" are hardly their queen in play by any means.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM

563 posts, read 807,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How ugly though? Not ugly much for the US. We know how this whole thing will play out and so will the ruskies. All another chess piece in play here. Their "anti ship missiles systems" are hardly their queen in play by any means.
As long as it doesn't disrupt the oil supply (which I don't think any country is buying from Syria), it should be fine.

Now if Israel and/or Turkey get involved.....

Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Exactly. Syria is a piece on the board towards Iran is all it is. The US has been sitting back using the same playbook until the liberal media got all wound about about WMD's like before. The time has come. The bombs will come and then in three months nobody will even remember what happened but the families of the dead. Hey it's not a pretty game, well not even a game by any means, but this is how things go in the middle east. We fight for the dollar and other countries fight against it. Now when Iran becomes the big player is time to look out because we have limited strike capability there and the ruskies know it along with Iran and China. That is a ways away though.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:07 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
They are gassing their own people. We ignored this under FDR when Germany did it. When the US finally got its act in gear, millions were already dead. I don't envy Obama's choice on this. As far as I can see no matter what he does, it's going to come out badly in the end.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Our government's response to what is happening in Syria will affect you greatly.
Lol probably not.

Life was no more or less different before and during the iraq war

Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
No American should care, and EVERY American should be doing all they can to STOP Washington's endless Empire spending as they feed the Military Industrial Complex and keep the world in a constant state of war.

There will ALWAYS be unrest around the world. And we have ALREADY bankrupted ourselves--and created the major problem of terrorism--by messing around in conflicts that can NEVER be solved (or even improved) by foreign meddling.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They are gassing their own people. We ignored this under FDR when Germany did it. When the US finally got its act in gear, millions were already dead. I don't envy Obama's choice on this. As far as I can see no matter what he does, it's going to come out badly in the end.
Who is gassing who? Do you even know hell nobody knows I bet nobody has gassed anybody. All a big propaganda game.

Badly how? How is this going to come out bad for Obama? He has his second term what the hell does he care one way or the other?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol probably not.

Life was no more or less different before and during the iraq war
Well, it will be different this time. I predict a 27% drop in threads on C-D titled, "Why do Blacks always______?" I also see a 39% increase in threads that say, "Obama is a scumbag for __________ in Syria!
My posting habits will probably change. Other than that I'm trying to eat more salad.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
No American should care, and EVERY American should be doing all they can to STOP Washington's endless Empire spending as they feed the Military Industrial Complex and keep the world in a constant state of war.

There will ALWAYS be unrest around the world. And we have ALREADY bankrupted ourselves--and created the major problem of terrorism--by messing around in conflicts that can NEVER be solved (or even improved) by foreign meddling.
Bla bla bla. We aren't spending anything to build an empire. Pay attention. We want oil traded in US dollars end of story. How is that military industrial complex paid for anyway? Have any idea? By printing up dollars from air sold off to other countries to buy oil with. There is your clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies