Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 07:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Possibly it was Obama that thought Putin would be a logical choice as "savior". A plan they put together at the G20 perhaps? Would Russia be engaging if Putin were not perceived to be the arbiter of a workable plan? Some people actually think Kerry had a "slip of the tongue" in London ... please??

Putin, Obama discussed Syria arms control idea last week: Kremlin | Reuters
I'm pretty sure that was no 'slip of the tongue'. It certainly wasn't all just happenstance.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
This is why there is so less cooperation and negotiation going on even in DC now days.

The mintue one side even creates the perception of "blinking", the other side is considered the hero, won the debate, etc; nevermind the entire concept surrounding the issue, the offering of different ideas and scenarios, etc.

This was not a "blink" or anything, this was simple negotiations, and something that should never be looked at in a negative light. It is this negativity that causes such ridiculous partisanship to the point where government does not even work sometimes, and becomes a game of "D versus R" instead of idea versus idea, negotiations, statemanship, etc.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What pressure? Putin thinks of Barack as an amatuer fool who is in way over his head. When Barack is gone, Putin will still be in power.
Yes, Dictators tend to stay in power until forced out of office, Putin has Russia right where he wants it, under his thumb and that of the KGB.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
That photo is priceless. obama, the drug addled boy president.
ashing on you fools.. lol

Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
The only person coming out of this looking good is Putin.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There is no reason to make excuses for Saddam, he is guilty of what he is guilty of. I'm simply pointing out that you shouldn't believe whatever the mainstream media propoganda is feeding you. The woodchipper and the incubator stories were pure bs. As I said, to dehumanize the enemy. In other words, they make chit up for gullible people like you to consume.
Not gullible at all. I have merely seen and read credible people saying it's true.

You on the other hand say it's " pure bs" yet refuse to prove it. You don't give anything to back it up.

I could link to videos, but would probably get banned for the graphic content of them.

Quote:
Saddam is dead, you got your guy, you destroyed the country, it's over n done. We repeated that tactic with Gaddafi, and now it's happening with Assad. Stop the lies, stop making up excuses to go to war. Let's pursue truth and peace for a change. That shouldn't be asking too much.
Didn't we learn anything from Iraq? Did all those people die for nothing?
I've been against any Syrian attack all along and was against Libya....so I have no clue why you'd be saying those things to me.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Obama blinked and Kerry did the equivalent of falling down a flight of stairs at a Summit Meeting. Interesting attempt to turn reality around, though. Our leaders look like goofs on an international diplomatic level.
The American people stared down Obama and now he's left trying to salvage a few shreds of what's left of his reputation.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Without doubt, Syria would not have given up control of its weapons without threats made by Obama (and France). There simply can't be any argument about this point. But, there is also no doubt that Obama did not engineer this outcome. He simply blundered his way to his objective. Sorry Obama-haters, but like an ugly football game, at the end of the day, a win is a win.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It would be nice if we didn't need to start WWIII for him to save face.

Syria says it "welcomes" Russian proposal to place chemical weapons under international control - CBS News
Seems like Kerry and Hillary are still beating the drums rather its by saying things like we won't delay this for long, or action still needs to be taken. This proposal is reasonable, but if I were Assad I would only agree if Israel gave up its chemical weapons as well.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
I, for one, am glad there is no need for attack. If we had never brough up the possibility of the attck, nothing at all would have been done, and Assad would continue to kill his people. I don't get it why people see this as bad news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies