Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Iran needs to be invaded, and their terrorist sponsoring government destroyed. Syria, on the other hand, is in the process of self-destructing. They need no help from us. Furthermore, once Iran's terrorist sponsoring government is destroyed Syria would most likely capitulate without the US firing a single shot. Syria has been propped up by Iran for years, and when Iran falls, so will Syria.

We should stay out of Syria, not support either side, and let their terrorist sponsoring government continue their war with the terrorists they helped to create. Or we could pull a Reagan, and do what he did during the Iraq/Iran war, which was to give both sides intelligence on the other country, so that neither country could win.
I believe you are totally wrong about Iran. Totally. I really, really don't want us invading that country. We've done enough invading, and it always goes bad in the end.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I agree that I don't think we need to be involved. In the CNN article, Peter Bergen referenced the U.S. as the world's police. I don't know how I feel about that. For one thing, I don't think we can afford it. But the middle east is a powder keg, and not managing it might be bad for our country.

I do note that Saudi Arabia is quietly trying to depose Assad, as he is seen as a liability.

The US is already involved, backing the the rebels who carried out this chemical attack.

The US has been heavily involved in destablising Syria for at least 4 years.

Its all part of a ongoing war for the control of middle east resources, the problem is Russia and China are not going to buy into the propaganda currently displayed on the front page of CNN.

Its up to the American public to send a message this trick has been pulled one to many times!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
You want to wait 50-60 years to find out that we were responsible for this chemical attack ?

That's how long before the CIA admitted the 1953 Iran coup was their doing and under their direction and part of US foreign policy, conceived and approved by the highest level of government. There was nothing "internal" about that coup.

And of course the CIA had no choice but to admit because the documents became declassified.
Although the UK tried to keep them classified because they were just as guilty in taking part in it.
CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup | World news | The Guardian

You want to wait 50 years to find out we did this to push our version of how the world should be ?

And what was the USG's response to this ? They expressed "regret" for what they did.
The UK hasn't even acknowledged that they took part in the overthrow.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:28 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I think what is happening in Syria is horrible. I imagine the world community must offer some type of help or aid. With that said. I believe in reality and I don't believe the USA has the means, or the right any longer to feel it can police the world. We no longer have the resources, and we are not taking care of our own country and citizens. In fact there is as far as I'm concerned serious neglect of our own citizens. Yet the US Gov't feels it has a right to tax us and use the revenue to police the world. Enough is Enough.

Again I think some help for Syria is in order, but I do not believe the US should be there by itself. Unless the world community is right there beside us. That we are not the main attacker and supplying all the military. Unless those components are met. Then no I am against us involving this country. I honestly don't know how we can afford all these wars we find ourselves in. We are not making it as a country and the money isn't there. Just how much money does this country think it can keep borrowing. Maybe its time to grow up and involve all these other allies of ours a lot more than we do.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think what is happening in Syria is horrible. I imagine the world community must offer some type of help or aid. With that said. I believe in reality and I don't believe the USA has the means, or the right any longer to feel it can police the world. .

omg what are you talking about policing the world!, China and Russia for example believe the US is trying to dominate the world.

utterly clueless, hard to know if one should laugh or cry.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
bring Syrian refugees to the United States
As long as you pay for it out of your own pocket....

Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Iran needs to be invaded, and their terrorist sponsoring government destroyed. Syria, on the other hand, is in the process of self-destructing. They need no help from us. Furthermore, once Iran's terrorist sponsoring government is destroyed Syria would most likely capitulate without the US firing a single shot. Syria has been propped up by Iran for years, and when Iran falls, so will Syria.

We should stay out of Syria, not support either side, and let their terrorist sponsoring government continue their war with the terrorists they helped to create. Or we could pull a Reagan, and do what he did during the Iraq/Iran war, which was to give both sides intelligence on the other country, so that neither country could win.
For cryin out loud, Syria wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for us manipulating from the shadows. It started out with a small protest, where snipers showed up, 4 police and 7 others were killed. It grew from that to what it is today due to outside influence.

Syria's alliance with Iran came about for self-defense. They are both independent countries, that are fighting to maintain their independence. That is the only thing that unites them. Russia and China stand with them against the west, because they have their own interests to protect. I'm not sure where China stands on this today. I'm sure both countries are being heavily pressured, and bribed to stand aside.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think what is happening in Syria is horrible. I imagine the world community must offer some type of help or aid. With that said. I believe in reality and I don't believe the USA has the means, or the right any longer to feel it can police the world. We no longer have the resources, and we are not taking care of our own country and citizens. In fact there is as far as I'm concerned serious neglect of our own citizens. Yet the US Gov't feels it has a right to tax us and use the revenue to police the world. Enough is Enough.

Again I think some help for Syria is in order, but I do not believe the US should be there by itself. Unless the world community is right there beside us. That we are not the main attacker and supplying all the military. Unless those components are met. Then no I am against us involving this country. I honestly don't know how we can afford all these wars we find ourselves in. We are not making it as a country and the money isn't there. Just how much money does this country think it can keep borrowing. Maybe its time to grow up and involve all these other allies of ours a lot more than we do.
Our only purpose in these alliance is our military might. Without that, we are nothing but a country of useless eaters.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:45 PM

588 posts, read 947,559 times
Why are we always helping jihadists?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Why are we always helping jihadists?

That's a very easy question to answer, this graph.

Oil Consumption by Country

Help who ever is West friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies