Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,655,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Obama whimping out and going to Congress so he wouldn't have to make the call to attack himself is the right decision, eh?
It really is remarkable how low the left has set the bar since Obama took office.......
You would have soiled your drawers with anger if he had gone ahead without congressional approval. So then you call him a wimp when he asks for congressional approval. You will be mad at the world either way. Luckily, Obama doesn't care what people on this forum think.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM

39,002 posts, read 50,981,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Syria attacked innocent citizens with chemical weapons in what looks to be a case of clear cut impunity.

Signing a treaty is irrelevant, Do you, or do you not, support punishing Syria for killing it's own citizens with chemical weapons?
I'll let God decide that. It's none of our business. That doesn't distract, however, from the indisputable fact that Obama may yet accomplish a stunning win in an affair he should have properly, in my opinion at least, stayed out of.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,668,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
As long as you completely ignore the fact that Obama was about to send a hellfire of Tomahawks into Damascus, then sure. Checkmate.

If we can avoid military action I'm very happy...seriously. I am not a blind Obama supporter at all or even a little tiny bit

Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,698,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
It looks like Syria is going to abide and sign the treaty just like we need them to. I think Obama made the right decision, but, I know many people will have nothing good to say no matter what he does or what happens.
Putin mace it for him and an ass out of him and America. This guy needs removed from office.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,802,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBO View Post
I think this deal saves Obamas face. It was all worked out in the backrooms. For those saying that Putin pressured syria, have a look and what we see is that Kerry was the first to dangle the carrot before the chorus started with everybody on board including the Syrians.
From another angle, it is hard to know if Obama himself is not a right winger when you look at his rhetorical stance. In the final analysis historians of the subject of Liberals versus Right Wingers will have a hard time to know who is who after this since the demarcation line doesn't seem to be where it aught to be.
I see Rand Paul's hands all over a deal(if it's successful) or he will say that it's because of his "wise" counsel ....... Bhwaaaaaaaa, ha, ha,ha ,ha!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM

5,643 posts, read 5,060,356 times
Obama got pwned by this whole affair. He flapped those big lips about a "red line", then said it wasn't his line, threatened to get the US into a fight where we have no business, failed to get any support either from the international community or from the citizens here at home, telegraphed war plans to the enemy, delayed while he was doing the shuck-n-jive, and blinked big time when Putin stared at him. Epic fail at every turn. Now he'll try to get on TV tonight to do his tap dance routine and garner some degree of respect back from us as he tells us what a success this all is as he never wanted to launch missiles anyhow? He's a complete laughingstock in the world's eyes, and I think the world sees more than ever that while he may hold the office of President, the country does not support him.

He needs to just go put on his Mom jeans and take the dog for a walk.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,059,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You would have soiled your drawers with anger if he had gone ahead without congressional approval. So then you call him a wimp when he asks for congressional approval. You will be mad at the world either way. Luckily, Obama doesn't care what people on this forum think.
Uh, yes he does care "what people on this forum think." Why do you think he went to Congress for approval?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,818,930 times
Methinks that Putin, Assad.....and China (behind the scenes) are playing Obama like a (censored) violin.
Obama will now try to appear statesman-like (with the MSM drooling and licking their chops), while Putin/Assad/China slowly shake their heads and think: ".......good-God......they're making this wayyyy too easy....."

(kudos to msmith40)

17,350 posts, read 9,169,238 times
Putin pulled the rug out from under Obama - the "deal" is only good if the USA promises to take ANY military action off the table against Syria. The UN Security Council meeting has been cancelled.

Obama has asked the Senate to delay any votes.

4,176 posts, read 4,655,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Putin mace it for him and an ass out of him and America. This guy needs removed from office.
He was probably already an ass in your eyes, so what difference does it make? You'd have hated him either way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies