Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 12:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Maybe Obama will learn a lesson from this not too draw red lines and keep his war mongering mouth shut.
He might, but I highly doubt Republicans will.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He might, but I highly doubt Republicans will.
Why would you turn a discussion about Obama's red line into anything about anyone else?

No other way you can think of to mount a rebuttal to the obvious?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM

We are already reading and seeing what type of people we'd be supporting by helping the rebels in Syria.....beheading people who don't convert to Islam in Christian villages?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
That's not the debate here oh clueless one.

The statement was made that Congress is part of this "administration"

Notice:

Do YOU consider Congress as part of the "administration" in office?

No....the "administration" is the Executive branch and the Congress is the Legislative branch.

Everyone already knows that the Legislative branch consists of the Senate and House of Representatives.....that wasn't what the debate is about.

Posted with TapaTalk
Oh, clueless one, "administration" can be ambiguous. When people talk about the Lincoln administration, they are not distinguishing between the legislative and the executive branches. They are talking about the federal government as a whole. The same is true when people talk about the Wilson administration. When people talk about the FDR administration and the New Deal, they aren't distinguishing between FDR and the legislature, because the legislation passed at the time during a President's tenure, however supported by the sitting president or fought by the sitting president, is still attributed to that President's time in office.

You can specify that when you are talking about the Obama administration that you are talking only about the executive branch, but you cannot say that the word administration applies exclusively to the executive branch.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, clueless one, "administration" can be ambiguous. When people talk about the Lincoln administration, they are not distinguishing between the legislative and the executive branches. They are talking about the federal government as a whole. The same is true when people talk about the Wilson administration. When people talk about the FDR administration and the New Deal, they aren't distinguishing between FDR and the legislature, because the legislation passed at the time during a President's tenure, however supported by the sitting president or fought by the sitting president, is still attributed to that President's time in office.

You can specify that when you are talking about the Obama administration that you are talking only about the executive branch, but you cannot say that the word administration applies exclusively to the executive branch.
Lmfao! Maybe clueless people think the "Lincoln Administration" refers to the government as a whole, but not educated people who didn't flunk civics!

For goodness sakes, the recent movie Lincoln was all about Lincoln's struggle to get Congress to vote his way.

ESPECIALLY in recent times NO ONE considers the "Bush Administration" or " Obama Administration" includes Congress and the Supreme Court!

That's just hilarious!!!!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-11-2013, 12:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Putin was right in this case. Im glad Obama was convinced by Putin.
If Putin actually cared about the Syrian people, then why did he wait so, so long to tell Syria to hand over their chemical weapons. This has nothing to do with Putin convincing Obama with anything, Putin could have kicked back and not worried about it, except that he was worried that he would have to get involved if a US strike happened.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM

395 posts, read 458,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Operative words, "... in two new polls released Monday."

That's before Obama got Syria to voluntarily destroy its stockpiles.
That never happened.

That will never happen.

You fail!

Do not pass go!

Do not collect 200!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If Putin actually cared about the Syrian people, then why did he wait so, so long to tell Syria to hand over their chemical weapons. This has nothing to do with Putin convincing Obama with anything, Putin could have kicked back and not worried about it, except that he was worried that he would have to get involved if a US strike happened.
I'm glad that someone was considering that.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
No I want a president WHO wants America to succeed
not some half assed BAFFOON like Obama who could not find his own ass with Michelle's hands!!! you people listen to his bull shi* so long you have lost the ability to see reality!! you are little robots
this man IS A FRIGGING FAILURE!!! and he has brought us along with him not if you want to go then go but I do not I have a grandson who is going to get this shi*
I am 62 and am living out the rest of my life but Jordan has not lived yet
I wont waste my time with people like you cause
you cant fix stupid!!
At least I post in coherent sentences and not some mumble jumble of words that make very little sense and in which every other word is an obscenity. I also know how to use periods.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Operative words, "... in two new polls released Monday."

That's before Obama got Syria to voluntarily destroy its stockpiles.
Obama?
That was Putin's work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies