Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And 100% rebel sympathizer with her various group affiliations.
Why shouldn't we simply believe everything the government tells us?

The Syrian Emergency Task Force, the pro-rebel lobbying outfit that employs widely quoted intervention advocate Elizabeth O’Bagy as its political director, receives funding from the U.S. Department of State and related government contractors.

Read more: Who funds Syrian rebel advocate O

So the government pays a rebel advocate to write pieces that are pro-rebel and then quotes those pieces as their backing for war.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:44 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
That's one thing I've noticed here. Most of the people who put every new sentence on a new line, not using paragraphs, are conservatives.
I have noticed that some are fond of quadruple spacing when they have little to say - probably to use up space and be more imposing. Must be because "size is important", or it is the online equivalent of bullying. Hey, I know about them because I have 'em in my family.
Attempting to portray Obama as "dictator", they conveniently leave Congress out of the picture because obstructionist repubs are in control there and are responsible for most of our problems. Their views on Syria or any other issue, but especially Obama, are dictated to them by the self-validating race-baiting simplistic easy-to-grasp doctrine doled out by the likes of Limbaugh and Fox - "America's Newsroom".
Notice the crazed over-the-top Obama-hate throughout the discussion of Syria, while at the same time congressional repubs are perplexed about what to do. On the one hand they want to obstruct Obama in whatever he does, but on the other they and their corporate RW base love war. Oh, what to do...?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-11-2013 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Um, no. Lincoln Administration means Lincoln's literal administration. Same with the other presidents' admins. Yes, we might characterize foreign policy as seen by non Americans as "Obama's administration."

But otherwise you are mistaken.
Um, no.

"Administration" can be used to refer to just the executive branch. Or it can be used more broadly to refer to the actions of the federal government under a President. Which we do when we talk about Lincoln's administration. We don't talk about acts of Congress under Lincoln as being separate and distinct from Lincoln's administration. We see government as a cohesive whole, with parts that work together. And in that sense, the acts of the legislature are deemed part of an administration's legacy. The fact that the branches are designed to have tension between them does not take away from the fact that they are also designed to work together. The cognitive ease of identifying what happens during a Presidency as part of that Presidency lends itself to identifying the cohesive acts of the federal government with that President. While scholars may distinguish between the 22nd Congress and 38th Congress, in general people do not.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Really dude....you're embarrassing yourself!

Do you DENY that there are 3 distinct and separate branches of the US government? That is the only question here.

If you do....you're wrong.

If you don't then admit I'm right and slink away in defeat.

Posted with TapaTalk
I could just as easily demand that you DENY that the legislature is bicameral. That's not even a question here, nor is there any question about the branches of the federal government.

And I never "slink away in defeat."

Once again, please refrain from trying to belittle and insult people, and actually engage in addressing the points.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM

395 posts, read 458,511 times
This LexusNexus character is obviously just that, a character. Someone is deliberately creating dumba$$ posts to mkae liberals and Obama supporters look bad. They don't really need any help doing that though.

Did anyone else nothice the funbags on Lisa in that video?

Last edited by db77; 09-11-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Um, no.

"Administration" can be used to refer to just the executive branch. Or it can be used more broadly to refer to the actions of the federal government under a President. Which we do when we talk about Lincoln's administration. We don't talk about acts of Congress under Lincoln as being separate and distinct from Lincoln's administration. We see government as a cohesive whole, with parts that work together. And in that sense, the acts of the legislature are deemed part of an administration's legacy. The fact that the branches are designed to have tension between them does not take away from the fact that they are also designed to work together. The cognitive ease of identifying what happens during a Presidency as part of that Presidency lends itself to identifying the cohesive acts of the federal government with that President. While scholars may distinguish between the 22nd Congress and 38th Congress, in general people do not.
Lol....maybe YOU do but that would be wrong.

FDR needed Pearl Harbor to convince CONGRESS to declare war on Japan. See how that works?

Here's a webpage that might teach you something:

http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branches.html

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-11-2013, 01:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Love how liberals like to twist this fact.
I find it funny how the right have been swooning over their new idol, Vladimir Putin. You guys hate Obama so much that you would rather look to Putin as your champion in something he was clearly forced to do unless he wanted to see Syria attacked.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why shouldn't we simply believe everything the government tells us?

The Syrian Emergency Task Force, the pro-rebel lobbying outfit that employs widely quoted intervention advocate Elizabeth O’Bagy as its political director, receives funding from the U.S. Department of State and related government contractors.

Read more: Who funds Syrian rebel advocate O

So the government pays a rebel advocate to write pieces that are pro-rebel and then quotes those pieces as their backing for war.
And the majority of Americans will never know that.
Propaganda at its finest.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM

395 posts, read 458,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I find it funny how the right have been swooning over their new idol, Vladimir Putin. You guys hate Obama so much that you would rather look to Putin as your champion in something he was clearly forced to do unless he wanted to see Syria attacked.

I don't hate Obama half as much as I hate his supporters.

It's true. If you see a strange man wearing a Putin mask lurking in your bushes this Halloween there's a good chance it could be me!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh yeh. Obama clearly has the upper hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies