Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Let's pray the time is right to start learning to dialogue. I think a lot of people (and I mean, A LOT) are tired of war, of conflict, of destruction, of interventions, of tears, of deaths and bodybags...

Let's hope Obama gets some good counsel by congress to dialogue rather than rattle sabers.

Peace.
brian
That's just it. Winding down wars is NOT what the military industrial complex wants.
They had a good run but we need a new country to eat right now in prolonged action.

The beast is hungry and needs to be fed.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama is useless. He should have stayed a professor at U of Chicago where his bumbling would have caused little damage.
Did you ever read what he was teaching? It sure wasn't from the textbooks that the university provided. He was considered an outsider and his teachings weren't so much as teaching, but more like race propaganda.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
He'll be playing the role of McNamara defending the war before Congress soon.

Karma's a bit**.
Won't that be a hoot?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I really wish Kerry would stop harping on the fact that chemicals were used. WE GOT IT!!! WE KNOW!!!! What we don't know is WHO used them!!!
Or where they all came from and who might have encouraged their use.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The navy is redeploying ships from their current mission.
There are 5 destroyers there now and several more on the way.
That will be about 200+ missiles and 300+ marines all stationed off Syria.

Exclusive: USS Nimitz carrier group rerouted for possible help with Syria | Reuters

We're going to help the terrorists take down Assad.
Good to know how many "boots on the water" we have there.

I guess there's no chance that Syria could lob a missile or two at one of those carriers is there? The Syrians certainly have been given enough time to move their equipment and get themselves in place.

He wasn't lying when he said no boots on the ground.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The US has been demanding he step down for two years. Assad has offered a peace plan that includes a new gov't and a new Constitution, but with the election coming up, the Syrian people should decide if he steps down. He is willing to, but that should be a decision of the Syrian people, not foreign govt, which would set a dangerous precedent.

Read more here: Facing diplomatic isolation, Syria’s Assad says he’s willing to step aside | McClatchy

The elections were held, and the majority of Syrians support Assad.
Who are we to force a leader of an independent country out, if the people of that country elected him and support him? Our own gov't stinks, and we do not rule the globe. We are supposed to respect sovereignty and be seeking peace.
OK...thanks for answering....although you said he offered to step down SEVERAL times...I won't nitpick about one word.

Now I wonder why he just couldn't announce he was stepping down long ago and say he's going to instruct the government to hold Democratic elections instead of killing his own people demonstrating for just that?

Any election would have to be monitored since I doubt they wouldn't be honest and rigged like Iranian elections.

If he were serious about stepping down, that could have been done and saved a lot of bloodshed and problems for everyone. Somehow I don't think he was a that serious.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Good to know how many "boots on the water" we have there.

I guess there's no chance that Syria could lob a missile or two at one of those carriers is there? The Syrians certainly have been given enough time to move their equipment and get themselves in place.

He wasn't lying when he said no boots on the ground.
Right..the CIA inside the country since 2011, Libyan guns and chemicals showing up in Syria and one dead Ambassador.

What he's SAID means nothing.

Clapper said the USG was not collecting data on Americans.
He wasn't lying either was he ?

They never LIE until they get caught and when they get caught they dance and get a free pass.

Invading Syria is not going to be like invading Libya.
Invading Syria includes Russia and Iran.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
OK...thanks for answering....although you said he offered to step down SEVERAL times...I won't nitpick about one word.

Now I wonder why he just couldn't announce he was stepping down long ago and say he's going to instruct the government to hold Democratic elections instead of killing his own people demonstrating for just that?

Any election would have to be monitored since I doubt they wouldn't be honest and rigged like Iranian elections.

If he were serious about stepping down, that could have been done and saved a lot of bloodshed and problems for everyone. Somehow I don't think he was a that serious.

Posted with TapaTalk
Syria votes next year. Why all of a sudden we need to invade poses a bigger question about what's really going on here.

Why is Syria all of a sudden the focus point ?
I think worse went on in Egypt during their Arab Spring and we did nothing overt about it.

I think the chemical weapon attack was a planned action.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Watch the BBC report. They aren't sure if it was napalm or thermite but both are banned and both result in horrific burn injuries with most of the people effected likely to die. The saddest thing? The target was a school full of children.

BBC News - Syria crisis: Incendiary bomb victims 'like the walking dead'
I watched the video 3 times because I noticed something the first time and needed to see it again, and again. At 3.06 it seems as if the victims were cued for the camera. Sorry, but that's the way I see it. And if this has been going on for a while, why are we hearing about it for the first time now? BBC is as about as ethical as every other mass media news outlet.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
If we don't have the will to intervine to stop the Asad from using chemical weapons then you know Iran is going to see a green light to develop nukes. They'll correctly guess the US just doesn't have the balls to stop them just like we didn't have the balls to stop Asad from committing war crimes. Remember that, wing nuts, when you're whining about a nuclear Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies