Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,269,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Martin Luther King: “I have a dream.” Barack Hussein Obama: “I have a drone.”

Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident.

Syrian rebels in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta have admitted to Associated Press correspondent Dale Gavlak that they were responsible for last week’s chemical weapons incident which western powers have blamed on Bashar Al-Assad’s forces, revealing that the casualties were the result of an accident caused by rebels mishandling chemical weapons provided to them by Saudi Arabia.

Syrian Rebels tell AP reporter they mishandled chemical weapons, causing accident | Uprootedpalestinians's Blog

If that is truely the case why does'nt Al-Assad vehemently deny doing it instead of playing games?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,520,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If that is truely the case why does'nt Al-Assad vehemently deny doing it instead of playing games?
Where have you been? Of course he denies it, vehemently. What games are you talking about?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,520,479 times
PressTV - US will bomb Syria with long-range bombers, official says

Obama wants to use weapons of mass destruction on Syria, because somebody used some chemical weapons within their border, and that's supposed to give us license to blow up the country. Is this how we protect Syrians?

This freaking idiot has to be stopped. It is embaressing to be an American. Go Putin!

Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,533,525 times
Its not weapons of mass destruction has defined he wants to use ;to correct that.No one thinks Putin is anything but a KGB thug. The problem I see is the case Obama has made for attacking. First he sets the redline two years go. Then apparently never planned what to do if its crossed. Then it is crossed several times and ignored. Then this time. Kerry and Hagel come out beating the drum saying this has to be responded to by military action. Switch to Obama; well I don't know; haven't made up my mind. Two weeks almost later he now says there is no question it has to be responded to by military strike. Then he goes to congress; instead of acting has he did in Libya on war powers. He never went to congress in the 60 days under war powers act and it certainly wasn't like this with WMDs in Libya but same humanitarian reasons. When I heard Kerry first time I thought tomorrow morning the president will appear and inform us he has started the strike under his powers has president like Libya. now its a mess.With the same ole no matter what ;its none of our business crowd.The well I have to make a political decision of now this effect my political chances in elections and the well I think its needed but I don't see this shot across the bow doing changing anything for the risk. What a mess the administration has made of things:IMO.If I had woken up to hear we had started a attack; I pretty much would said well he is president and given the authority to make the decision.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,567,791 times
Democrats are just as divided!
You guys want cuts in defense and then you guys want to go to war?!

Over a 100,000 people have died there and no one gave a damn until around 1,500 people died because of a chemical attack....
How many(collateral damage) will die once we bomb?? How much money are we going to send over for "rebuilding" after the bombs fall??

All for what? Stale mate? We're not going in to win. Simply balance the power.

Let them kill each other...

Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 AM

12 posts, read 9,707 times
Hmmmm. Talking about military intervention in Syria, Syrians dying, thousands fleeing and living in camps, people with no food, seems the summit was a time to celebrate. While they eat cake at the G20 summit, Syrians are eating dirt.

mod cut
For photos:

Let them eat cake! Obama greeted by glamorous ladies at lavish Russian G20 ball as Syria continues to be torn apart by war | Mail Online

Last edited by Sam I Am; 09-07-2013 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: possible copyright infringement

Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM

14,879 posts, read 8,488,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Its not weapons of mass destruction has defined he wants to use ;to correct that.No one thinks Putin is anything but a KGB thug. The problem I see is the case Obama has made for attacking. First he sets the redline two years go. Then apparently never planned what to do if its crossed. Then it is crossed several times and ignored. Then this time. Kerry and Hagel come out beating the drum saying this has to be responded to by military action. Switch to Obama; well I don't know; haven't made up my mind. Two weeks almost later he now says there is no question it has to be responded to by military strike. Then he goes to congress; instead of acting has he did in Libya on war powers. He never went to congress in the 60 days under war powers act and it certainly wasn't like this with WMDs in Libya but same humanitarian reasons. When I heard Kerry first time I thought tomorrow morning the president will appear and inform us he has started the strike under his powers has president like Libya. now its a mess.With the same ole no matter what ;its none of our business crowd.The well I have to make a political decision of now this effect my political chances in elections and the well I think its needed but I don't see this shot across the bow doing changing anything for the risk. What a mess the administration has made of things:IMO.If I had woken up to hear we had started a attack; I pretty much would said well he is president and given the authority to make the decision.
Sometimes I feel as though I'm talking to myself ... even among those who have a more rational grasp of right and wrong. Nevertheless, I will again point out the TEN TON ELEPHANT in the middle of the living room that most everyone insists on ignoring, as if he doesn't matter. That happens to be the fact that Syria was one of the identified targets for this wholesale US initiative for a takedown in the middle east 12 years ago. This fact was revealed to the public by Gen. Wesley Clark, who was informed of this list of 7 countries to be taken out in 2001. Among those 7 countries to be taken out was Libya (check-done), and Syria (in-progress), and next on the list is Iran.

So, to any truly rational and logically minded person, this fact destroys these little fairytale narratives presented to the drooling public about why we "need" to take action against these countries, or this idiotic hogwash about this being Obama's decision to make. Obama decides NOTHING ... it would surprise me if he actually chose his own suits to wear each day .. those are probably laid out for him to put on. So when you hear this nonsense about Obama still not having made up his mind about what to do ... you can read into that one thing ... Obama's handlers haven't yet made a solid enough case, or gathered enough support to attack Syria yet, but they are working on it, and as soon as they think they can get away with it .. Obama will magically have an epiphany .... that's all that means. As a side argument, I find it outrageously offensive as an American patriot that the public would even accept the idea that one man wields that kind of power to unilaterally decide to take the country to war anyway.

In any event, what I cannot explain is this gaping blind spot that allows most people to keep falling for the same lies, over and over again ... it's really an outrageous display of stupidity. Could it be any more blatant and obvious than it is now? I don't think it could get any more obvious. How many times can one people be hoodwinked by the same freaking lie? Oh, we have to invade Iraq because they have WMDs .. and Saddam is a bad guy who gasses his own people Oh yes, then we move on to Libya, and we have to stop that bad guy from hurting his own people .... and now we have Assad, and he's a bad guy who gasses his own people ... same lie, told over and over again, and yet, those among us whose memories are not wiped clean every 48 hours must suffer through endless discussion over this mindless drivel being endlessly spewed out by these criminal psychopaths in Washington DC and Tel Aviv? How God damned stupid can people be? The whole freaking world sees what is going on ... except, it seems, the American zombie public.

Syria is just the next target in the list formed long ago, by the war mongering lunatics that seem hell bent on turning the middle east into a gigantic conflagration, as each successive government is toppled, throwing each into a state of civil war, as factions of cold blooded terrorists consume each other, along with the innocent peoples of each of those countries caught in the crossfire.

The American public is grossly negligent in their duty as citizens to demand that their government behave in a civilized and lawful manner, by failing to insist that this endless exportation of death and destruction cease .... yesterday.

I am truly ashamed of what America has become ... and a large portion of the blame must go to the fat, lazy, stupid, and negligent public for this ... not just the criminal psychopaths in charge ... because they are doing exactly what one should expect from psychopathic, blood thirsty, genocidal maniacs .... blaming them exclusively for this is like blaming a dog for barking. The people are equally responsible for the government they have, and for what that government does in their name.

It's time for decent people to wake up, and hold themselves accountable for the mess they've allowed to form around them, and to start CLEANING HOUSE of these war mongers running amuck. And even if you cannot find a shot glass amount of compassion for the innocents being murdered overseas ... how about the young men and women of our armed forces being used as cannon fodder for this crime against humanity? Can't we at least demand an end to this never ending state of war on their behalf? My God, what have we become? A nation of nitwits, or a society of soulless demons who find war a modern form of reality television entertainment?

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 09-07-2013 at 08:40 AM..

Old 09-08-2013, 05:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,269,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Where have you been? Of course he denies it, vehemently. What games are you talking about?
If that is so I must have missed that part.....my fault! Since I apparently missed it, do you by any chance have the video of this?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:17 PM

13,946 posts, read 14,845,811 times
I actually love this Elizabeth Warren Quote
"We may have good intentions, but the consequences of our acts are not limited by those intentions"

Old 09-08-2013, 05:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If that is so I must have missed that part.....my fault! Since I apparently missed it, do you by any chance have the video of this?
You can look for the Charlie Rose interview if it's been posted.

Assad denies ordering chemical attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies