Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,182,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Nope. All you have to go on is Syria's words, not it's actions. The President is rightfully skeptical, as the Syrian leadership has never played straight with the world in any of its actions.

Not sure if you're a liberal or not, but I've noted MANY times that liberals and Democrats have never been known for their extraordinary foresight. Your willingness to believe what you're reading is very telling.

I , on the other hand, call bullshiite. I stand with Barack Obama on this. Syria has no intention to have its chemical weapons destroyed.....Vladimir Putin has no intent to please the United States....this whole thing is a ploy intended to give Obama a way out. When the dust settles, the truth will be known. (Benghazi anyone??)

Don't be so naïve.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,116,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why are you picking on Syria? Why no call to punish a North Korea where hundreds of thousands have been starved to death by other Hitler-esque dictators?

What a biased piece of tripe your rant about Syria is while ignoring all the OTHER countries committing atrocities that were never addressed by other Presidents. We KNOW you hate Obama, no need to feign concern for others, just be honest and admit it's all about your hatred.
Hey! Chill out...Dennis Rodman is lining that mess out................

Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 AM

39,131 posts, read 51,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, I don't know yet what's been won. It's weird just how "easily" this deal came together, and I don't trust Russia at all.
I think it came easily because no one wants the alternative. Well, the Israelis and the hawks on the right want it, but otherwise it is a hot potato.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,987,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Transferring it's chemical weapons is not punishment. The world should be ashamed of letting another Hitler-esque dictator kill his own people with chemical weapons. Except this time, it's a slap on the wrist instead of intervention.

Barack Obama had it right: A strike on Syria is necessary. I supported, and still support, those strikes.

I guess when you've got Vladimir Putin staring you in the face, the United States is nothing more than a neutered cat. At least that's what this latest "proposal" indicates.

What a ****ing embarrassment this President has bestowed on the legacy of the United States of America.
Wow, you sing the prases of Putin while screaming about Obama then you say we should have punished Assad, such total confusion as to who to back.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:28 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,596,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL

Start your story with "Once upon a time...."
Doesn't yours begin with, "Fox told me..."

Figure it out. Obama threatens military action and Putin tells Assad it's time to make a deal, because Russia can't afford to go to the mat for him.

Not that complicated. But feel free to spin in whatever direction makes you feel justified to feed your anger.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,513,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Al Qaeda is a player in the region, but not the only player. I get tired of hearing these "why support Al Qaeda" claims as if such a question will appeal to the senses and sensitivities and therefore make us turn tail and run. I've yet to hear the American administration....or the world for that matter.....place as much emphasis on AQ as the poster's on this forum. Sorry, i'm not buying it in totality. Giving AQ a boost is A consideration, but it's not THE consideration that matters most. If so, then we might as well pack up and renounce our superpower status if AQ is enough to keep us from defending against the use of chemical weapons.

Is that the America that you envision? Cower to AQ? Cower to dictatorial use of chemical weapons?

Not me.
In other words, you have no evidence that Assad was responsible for the use of Sarin gas. It is blatantly obvious that your, and Obama's, sole objective is to help out your al Qaeda buddies. Was not the weapons and support your messiah sent them in Libya enough? Why are Democrats so eager to support al Qaeda in every endeavor? You need not answer, they were entirely rhetorical questions. We already know the answer.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,685,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think it came easily because no one wants the alternative. Well, the Israelis and the hawks on the right want it, but otherwise it is a hot potato.
We should base our entire foreign policy on the exact opposite of what Israel wants

Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,466,274 times
Putin Didn't Save Obama, He Beat Him

What’s unclear is whether Obama understands that his foreign policy legacy will be to have ruined the American position in the Middle East, our patrimony of the last seven decades. If the 1979 takeover of the U.S. embassy in Tehran signaled weakness, the Russian deal screams surrender. The real surprise is that it’s not Iran kicking the United States out of the region under Obama’s watch, but Putin.

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pu...im_753730.html

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-10-2013, 11:31 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,448,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What pressure? Putin thinks of Barack as an amatuer fool who is in way over his head. When Barack is gone, Putin will still be in power.
And? Russia has an economy comparable to that of California, one state out of 50. The 50's are over. The fact that the U.S. can squash Russia like a bug through force and/or sanctions was not lost on Putin.

Obama made Putin blink. Accept it righties.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,691,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Doesn't yours begin with, "Fox told me..."

Figure it out. Obama threatens military action and Putin tells Assad it's time to make a deal, because Russia can't afford to go to the mat for him.

Not that complicated. But feel free to spin in whatever direction makes you feel justified to feed your anger.
Nope..foreign news sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies