Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Sabre-rattling by Obama to take the focus/heat off his inept policies at home.
That's probably it right there and he can justify the military build up and massive illegal immigration by using unemployed Americans as cannon fodder and bring in cheaper foreign workers to grab up all the jobs. High unemployment of course gets more people to join the military to be killed in battles that don't concern us.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM

588 posts, read 948,221 times
This is insanity. "Limited airstrikes" = regime change. How about letting Britain and France deal with it.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 AM

1,347 posts, read 955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So do the rebels. The weapons and chemicals from Libya were found in rebel warehouses in Syria. The rebels have rockets.
They have rockets, but not the type to deliver the types of shells holding tear gas laced with sarin. And not in the quantity of this attack, which took place for hours over multiple sections of Damascus.

Quote:
The UN has already stated they cannot tell which side used the chemical weapons.
Given the nature of the consensus-oriented UN, they will always be the last to declare something definitive.

Quote:
If Kerry has indisputable proof then he better hand it over to the UN. And how would he have if if we're not supposed to have any physical presence in that country?
First, there are lots of other countries with operatives, listening technology - based on the ground and antennae, satellite or otherwise, etc., both inside and near syria. I doubt most of the forum readers would read this site, so here is one of my sources:

Israeli intelligence seen as central to US case against Syria | The Times of Israel

Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,777,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Russia or iran, which means russia, since they supply most of the weapons to both.

Probably not.

They were almost definitely used by assad's regime. First, only they have the long-range delivery mortars and rockets to deliver them, second, Israeli intelligence intercepted regime transmissions discussing the strikes right after they were made.
So, why not confront Russia with that intelligence proof and tell them, either you will stop your buddy down there or we will? I don't assume they want to be displayed as a country supporting the use of such hideous weapons.

One problem is, though, that Syria has never signed the convention on chemical weapons, unlike Russia.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You must be a McCain fan.
War for the sake of war.
Do I need to respond to this childishness? Is there a point to this nonsense?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
America is all of a sudden "The Beacon of Hope". to a leftie!

That's rich!
America has always been the Beacon Of Hope for me. I am actually independent, but I don't see why a lefty or righty should not see it the same way. Judging by your posts, it is not the beacon for you.

BTW Have you ever made a non-partisan post? Just wondering.....

Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
They have rockets, but not the type to deliver the types of shells holding tear gas laced with sarin. And not in the quantity of this attack, which took place for hours over multiple sections of Damascus.

Given the nature of the consensus-oriented UN, they will always be the last to declare something definitive.

First, there are lots of other countries with operatives, listening technology - based on the ground and antennae, satellite or otherwise, etc., both inside and near syria. I doubt most of the forum readers would read this site, so here is one of my sources:

Israeli intelligence seen as central to US case against Syria | The Times of Israel
Of course..Israel intelligence to provide the proof.

Ok..where is it. The world wants to see the proof.
Syria has demanded to be seen the proof.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 AM

588 posts, read 948,221 times
In the mideast I'd take the dictators over Islamists/Jihadists anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
So, why not confront Russia with that intelligence proof and tell them, either you will stop your buddy down there or we will? I don't assume they want to be displayed as a country supporting the use of such hideous weapons.
LOL, you think putin the dog cares what anyone thinks? He'll turn around the next day and send twice as many.

Quote:
One problem is, though, that Syria has never signed the convention on chemical weapons, unlike Russia.
The R2P protocol, which russia did ratify, is enough to legally justify international military action.

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
In the mideast, I'd take the dictators over the Islamists/Jihadists anytime.
Well those dictators went off the USD for trading oil.
And one by one they are being killed off and replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies