Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 AM

5,996 posts, read 7,067,016 times

Advertisements

Thread title says it all. I'm really ticked off at Rand; sems like such a disappointing sell out move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,839,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Thread title says it all. I'm really ticked off at Rand; sems like such a disappointing sell out move.
So, gonna walk over to my side anytime soon? I used to believe in Rand and Ron Paul until late in the primaries last year when I realized the both of them were frauds only interesting in feathering their own nests, particularly Rand's. I'm not surprised in the least bit of Rand's betrayal. It's in his DNA. Criticizing government surveillance does not make one infallible and "good". Rand has way too many flaws

Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,460,483 times
Oh God. Seriously? McConnell's Rand's fellow Senator. It's kind of expected that he endorses him.

Your side's tone deafness to political reality is why you guys will never gain any meaningful power, and that's why in the long run, your ideas won't matter or gain traction with anyone. Ever.

It's politics. Politics is more than just ideas. Accept it an move on.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,349,061 times
I am not thrilled considering Mitch did everything he could to keep Paul out of the Senate by backing Greyson. I think Mitch is like Pauls useful idiot, he can not restrain or lead him to vote for bad legislation because of Pauls principle. I am paying attention to Pauls voting record and if he gets too cozy with the establishment then I would have a problem. Who knows maybe they have a goal of keeping the leader of the Senate in the state of Kentucky? Paul will need friends if he plans to make a run in 16.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am not thrilled considering Mitch did everything he could to keep Paul out of the Senate by backing Greyson. I think Mitch is like Pauls useful idiot, he can not restrain or lead him to vote for bad legislation because of Pauls principle. I am paying attention to Pauls voting record and if he gets too cozy with the establishment then I would have a problem. Who knows maybe they have a goal of keeping the leader of the Senate in the state of Kentucky? Paul will need friends if he plans to make a run in 16.
Just drop him like a bad habit. He used us to further his own ambitions, don't expect anything out of the son whose father provided Romney political cover from his right wing in order to block Santorum and Perry from getting the nomination and not Romney. Rand was always going to "sell everyone out"

Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,726,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Rand is not a Constitutional Conservative. He has way too many far right social views.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:28 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,972,869 times
I knew he was a sell-out and a rat as soon as he endorsed Romney, so I'm not upset at the McConnell endorsement. As Yoda said, "once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". Other Republicans didn't endorse Romney or their fellow Congressmen, so why couldn't Rand Paul have the courage to do the same? If he's supposed to be this great leader, I'd expect him to have more courage than his fellow Republicans, not less. In these times we need people who will spread the ideas of liberty, hold firm to their principles, and do what is right for their country instead of what is most expedient for their political careers. Only by holding our representatives to the high standards of statesmanship can we cultivate more statesmanship and less careerism.

To the OP, if you're looking for a "constitutional conservative" who isn't a sellout, how about Justin Amash? He has the right ideas, he knows what he's talking about, he's good in a debate, and he didn't suck up to Romney. The last one alone is worth a few bonus points in my book. What goes in your book is obviously your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Rand is not a Constitutional Conservative. He has way too many far right social views.
For what it's worth Amash and the anti-abortion crowd aren't exactly of one mind, although he is pro-life.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, gonna walk over to my side anytime soon? I used to believe in Rand and Ron Paul until late in the primaries last year when I realized the both of them were frauds only interesting in feathering their own nests, particularly Rand's. I'm not surprised in the least bit of Rand's betrayal. It's in his DNA. Criticizing government surveillance does not make one infallible and "good". Rand has way too many flaws
You never, ever backed either one. Neither has changed the policies they believe in. Your posts are the same type of vapid cheerleader posts one would expect from those who voted for Barrack Romney. Void of facts.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:43 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I knew he was a sell-out and a rat as soon as he endorsed Romney, so I'm not upset at the McConnell endorsement. As Yoda said, "once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". Other Republicans didn't endorse Romney or their fellow Congressmen, so why couldn't Rand Paul have the courage to do the same? If he's supposed to be this great leader, I'd expect him to have more courage than his fellow Republicans, not less. In these times we need people who will spread the ideas of liberty, hold firm to their principles, and do what is right for their country instead of what is most expedient for their political careers. Only by holding our representatives to the high standards of statesmanship can we cultivate more statesmanship and less careerism.

To the OP, if you're looking for a "constitutional conservative" who isn't a sellout, how about Justin Amash? He has the right ideas, he knows what he's talking about, he's good in a debate, and he didn't suck up to Romney. The last one alone is worth a few bonus points in my book. What goes in your book is obviously your decision.

For what it's worth Amash and the anti-abortion crowd aren't exactly of one mind, although he is pro-life.
Amash is the man.
But you're way off base about Rand. For you, it's not about policy or how he votes, it's all dependent on who he endorses????

Old 08-27-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You never, ever backed either one. Neither has changed the policies they believe in. Your posts are the same type of vapid cheerleader posts one would expect from those who voted for Barrack Romney. Void of facts.
You really have the memory capacity of a goldfish if you think I never supported Ron or Rand. I've been a member here almost as long as you have, and my jumping off the Libertarian train wreck started late into the election season last year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies