Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well we got gestapo here.. Hile Hitler so you condone hanging people for smoking a little weed?? oh lawd!!! the regime would be very very proud of you!!!!

I hope you condone hanging people that drink alcohol and do prescript pain killers to get high too.. now now lets be fair those two drugs are way worse than weed could ever be
And it's scary that we have these facist types right here in the United States of America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't bother asking. The pro-narcotic crowd always finds it easier to call scientific research BS, and then walk away.
Science isn't always 100% full proof, and you know it Finn, so quit trying to blow smoke up everyone's a**es!

Quote:
you old fuddies are so way out numbered now days it's not even worth responding to you peeps

ohh and by the way I know tons of people that do not smoke weed or do no hard drugs that would like to see mj legalized in all 50 states!!! take them facts and shove it in to your propaganda folder..
Yeah but you have to love their Chicken Little antics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Why else would they smoke if not to get stoned catdancer? They like the taste?

I have met plenty of potheads, I was a pothead for 4 years. I personally think drugs should be legal, but I think all public benefits should require drug tests (for example you should not get the dependency tax deduction for a child who tests positive for drugs), that employers should be able to deny employment based on drug tests, and that public schools should be able to deny enrollment based on drug tests. Private businesses should be able to bar drugs and stoned patrons from their properties as well.
Employers have no business in prying into the private lives of employees.

Quote:
taste is a big part of it just like wine and beer shows you don't know crap about weed!!! I never smoke crappy tasting weed, and I don't believe that you were a pot head one little bit... by stating the above in red
Must have been some crappy weed he was smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Dope is dope by any other name.

Addles the mind and eventually causes other problems over time but feel free to fry your brain.
Thanks for your permission.

Quote:
Black tar heroin?
Now you're being ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Also, I'd like to add: Cannabis is NOT a narcotic. Drugs like opium, morphine, heroin, Oxycodone, etc, are narcotics.

Of course he doesn't. That would involve learning and listening. But if he did, how could he continue to justify his worldview? That takes effort. Better to put your hands on your ears, scream as loudly as you can, and hope the bad men will go away.
Of course it's not.

Quote:
Its been classified as a narcotic. It addles the mind, cause mood changes, raging appetites, huge thirst, mild hallucinogen and over time causes schizophrenia.

Its classified incorrectly.

Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, marijuana is not classified as a narcotic. Neither is cocaine.
By their logic alcohol would be classified as a narcotic. Then again we're dealing with prohibitionists here who probably would seek to try to ban alcohol again as well.

Quote:
I was just checking out the Seattle hemp fest 2013 on this vid, and I'm shocked!!!! I've never ever seen so many evil people in one place at one time, its freaking unbelievable

THE OFFICIAL 2013 SEATTLE HEMPFEST WALKTHROUGH - YouTube
Ooooooohhh scary. All those pot heads in one place. Hide your daughters! The big bad pot heads are gonna getcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Hempfest? Godless hippies, the lot of them.

I could align with some hippies for sure, and I am a Christian. I find cannabis can be quite therapeutic and spirital at times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why not talk about something relevant to OUR country?-like the LEGAL DRUG EPIDEMIC-worse than ANY illegal drug epidemic in the history of our nation.

Until you stop avoiding the real issue you will be seen as nothing more than a propagandist and more than likely a paid shill for Big-Pharma. If you really cared about people's health you would not be demonizing a plant that has been used medicinally by humans since the beginning of time and causes no death and addiction but instead you would be demonizing DANGEROUS and addictive Corporate Presciption Drugs.

At best, you are a raging hypocrite.
You are exactly right...if big Pharma had a patent on weed it would be passed FDA and in Pharmacies within 6 months under a trademarked name and be the script of choice for docs for its true medicinal value and would put a lot of harmful drugs used for depression,anxiety issues and cancer out the window among other uses it may have...big pharma doesn't want that and the politicians they own are going to fight it tooth and nail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
All you legalize all drugs people care about is the prison population. Don't you care about the lives that would be destroyed or the increased crime? So people won't go to jail for the drugs, they will now go to jail for crime like burglary, robbery, murder, etc. Just replace one problem with another eh? Yep, true liberal fashion, kneejerk your way through the thought process only to create a bigger problem as usual.
Really? Weed smokers murdering? Robbing? Really? During my years as a LEO I can not remember a single incident where weed was a foundation for any crime that wasn't related directly to the fact that weed was illegal other than an occasional driver than was way to smoked up to be driving and it was usually the fact they were driving at 20mph that alerted me to that fact as opposed to the drunken asswipes that would try to outrun me and ram into innocent folks in the process..I had zero trouble with weed smokers...zero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I live in Washington state. Possession of up to an oz of cannabis has been completely legalized since last year's passage of I-502. Nobody has slipped into any abyss..in fact, despite the phony dire warnings of the drug warriors, there hasn't been any change at all in the way people go about their business..
And nothing WILL change either..their is zero proof that it will change at all except maybe some folks with chronic medical issues may try it that do not due to it being illegal...and if it helps them then great for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Storefronts aren't open, but possession has been legalized for some 9 months. I mean, what do you expect will happen that hasn't happened in the previous year?

Thing is, since both parties are part and parcel of the WoD, with pot being the big cash cow on the drug warrior gravy train,, I expect Obama's DOJ to come after Washington and Colorado before their initiatives are fully enacted.. ..times are changing however...you might think about changing with them.
when soneone buys into a lie long enough it becoms their version of the truth and unfortunately a lot have bought into the BS that the "war on drugs" is is winnable and that weed smokers are evil as crack dealers or cartel members..stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The only human wrecks I see are those who drink excessively, are hopped up on prescription pain pills, or heroin.
exactly...pain management docs slinging dope for the big pharma companies are the main problem too.

Quote:
Propaganda? Been listening to burnouts again?

Why Singapore doesn't have a drug problem. They hang people there fairly rapidly. For possession of intoxicating substances of which your plant qualifies.
I have you pegged as either A. Some kind of wannabe cop or B. A greenhorn who has no time under your belt and you are citing text book drivel without a clue of life or practical application...which is it?

And you think it would be ok to HANG someone who smokes weed for recreational purposes or for medicinal purposes? Really? If you have even a millionth of a percent of anything to do with LE that your attitude is one day shown to a jury somewhere..that would be justice.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You are exactly right...if big Pharma had a patent on weed it would be passed FDA and in Pharmacies within 6 months under a trademarked name and be the script of choice for docs for its true medicinal value and would put a lot of harmful drugs used for depression,anxiety issues and cancer out the window among other uses it may have...big pharma doesn't want that and the politicians they own are going to fight it tooth and nail?

Really? Weed smokers murdering? Robbing? Really? During my years as a LEO I can not remember a single incident where weed was a foundation for any crime that wasn't related directly to the fact that weed was illegal other than an occasional driver than was way to smoked up to be driving and it was usually the fact they were driving at 20mph that alerted me to that fact as opposed to the drunken asswipes that would try to outrun me and ram into innocent folks in the process..I had zero trouble with weed smokers...zero.
And nothing WILL change either..their is zero proof that it will change at all except maybe some folks with chronic medical issues may try it that do not due to it being illegal...and if it helps them then great for them
when soneone buys into a lie long enough it becoms their version of the truth and unfortunately a lot have bought into the BS that the "war on drugs" is is winnable and that weed smokers are evil as crack dealers or cartel members..stupid.

exactly...pain management docs slinging dope for the big pharma companies are the main problem too.

I have you pegged as either A. Some kind of wannabe cop or B. A greenhorn who has no time under your belt and you are citing text book drivel without a clue of life or practical application...which is it?

And you think it would be ok to HANG someone who smokes weed for recreational purposes or for medicinal purposes? Really? If you have even a millionth of a percent of anything to do with LE that your attitude is one day shown to a jury somewhere..that would be justice.

Thanks muleskinner. It's refreshing to see a former LEO that can see through the BS weigh in when it comes to the immorality of enforcing prohibition of cannabis.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:58 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
This was well worth re-posting. Look at the data at the bottom for Portugal. We Libertarians keep saying that making all drugs legal and taxed serves to improve every negative statistic. HIV goes down, OD's go down, teen usage goes down. Also, weed alone accounts for 70% of all illicit drug money. Legalizing weed alone will cut the biggest source of income for drug syndicates and street gangs.

The drug war is a farce designed to fleece people coming and going. It only benefits the corporations and government agencies who created these wars for profit.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This was well worth re-posting. Look at the data at the bottom for Portugal. We Libertarians keep saying that making all drugs legal and taxed serves to improve every negative statistic. HIV goes down, OD's go down, teen usage goes down. Also, weed alone accounts for 70% of all illicit drug money. Legalizing weed alone will cut the biggest source of income for drug syndicates and street gangs.

The drug war is a farce designed to fleece people coming and going. It only benefits the corporations and government agencies who created these wars for profit.
Unfortunately both the map, and the facts about Portugal are inaccurate, or misleading.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Ooooooohhh scary. All those pot heads in one place. Hide your daughters! The big bad pot heads are gonna getcha!
I would hide the sheep too....just in case...

Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

The whole irony here, is that based on the OP, and this map, North Korea of all places in the world shows the status of cannabis to be legal. Yet the United States which is supposed to be a free country (you know, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and all that) still prohibits it!

At any rate steven_h, you're preaching to the choir. But unfortuantely we seem to have shills on this thread from the Prison Industrial Complex, and Big Pharma who will continue to spew propaganda and lies, because God forbid it cuts into their pockets in stopping an immoral drug war!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately both the map, and the facts about Portugal are inaccurate, or misleading.
Of course you would think so. Let me put on my shocked face. Wouldn't want the truths to come out to get in the way of your agenda, eh finn?

Quote:
I would hide the sheep too....just in case...

The only sheep are those who blindly drink the "Reefer Madness" kool aid.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by SourD

All you legalize all drugs people care about is
the prison population. Don't you care about the lives that would be destroyed or
the increased crime? So people won't go to jail for the drugs, they will now go
to jail for crime like burglary, robbery, murder, etc. Just replace one problem
with another eh? Yep, true liberal fashion, kneejerk your way through the
thought process only to create a bigger problem as usual.
That's pretty funny. When potheads run out of pot, they have a doughnut and go to bed. They don't go out to rob and murder people.
Clueless, utterly clueless.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Thanks muleskinner. It's refreshing to see a former LEO that can see through the BS weigh in when it comes to the immorality of enforcing prohibition of cannabis.
! Its the politicking of marijuana that pees me off..no reason at all for it to be illegal and iirc it goes back to the Rockefeller's demonizing it so they could have a monopoly on rope back in the day and its grown from there...

Weed in and of itself has never been shown to be the root cause of crime and EVERY weed smoker that I know personally(I know more than a few) has never had any trouble with the law because of their "perfect awareness" (aka paranoia) and I have always found them to be hilarious to be around unlike drunks who I would rather punch in the mouth as look at most times...rwnj types like to side with big biz,so don't expect them to back anything where big money doesn't get richer...its in their DNA to suck up to money and sacrifice themselves to Mammon.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies