Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM

4,436 posts, read 4,852,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusOfRome View Post
This is madness.

Where is the outrage????

I never thought I'd dislike a president as much as Bush, but Obama's policies (foreign and domestic) are DESTRUCTIVE.

Somone give me one reason why we should get involved in SYRIA???
This lady has the outrage that I also feel.

OBAMA'S SPEECH --- I AM SO SICK OF LIES! - YouTube

Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,215,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Dictator is committing crimes against humanity and if those same weapons fall into the hands of terrorists and they set one off in your home town you will be whining about that also. There is no pleasing some people, so why even try, the security of the Nation trumps the whine.
What about the Dictator in the U.S....the one who insists he knows what's best for ALL other countries.The common people in Syria have asked repeatedly that they be left alone to solve their OWN problem...why is that so bad?..Syria poses no threat to the great U.S.A,..it's ridiculous, and genuinely pathetic, to even think so. I'm sure the people of Syria, who are fleeing in droves ,are doing so because they fear the U.S.A.s "intervention" more than anything else. Does that make you feel better?....http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_09_05/...243/?from=menu

Old 09-05-2013, 01:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
What about the Dictator in the U.S....the one who insists he knows what's best for ALL other countries.The common people in Syria have asked repeatedly that they be left alone to solve their OWN problem...why is that so bad?..Syria poses no threat to the great U.S.A,..it's ridiculous, and genuinely pathetic, to even think so. I'm sure the people of Syria, who are fleeing in droves ,are doing so because they fear the U.S.A.s "intervention" more than anything else. Does that make you feel better?....Syria's "chemical weapon" regularly dumped in US municipal water supply system - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video
Talk about ridiculous and pathetic, all one as to do is read the above and they know immediately that the person that wrote it is clueless and confused on many topics and they grasp on reality is tentaive at best.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,164,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Because the Genova convention says the use of chemical weapons is banned and a war crime. More a question ask to ask why international community ignores their own laws really. Reminds one of ignoring what Hitler did by German people and same excuse. Nothing to do with me; not my problem. Funny many of those saying it can't understand when others say that about helping them in this country.
Except that to date we have been given no solid evidence that Assad is the guilty party. The other side is also guilty of atrocities. By your reasoning we should bomb the hell out of both sides.
The Geneva convention did not designate the United States as judge jury and executioner. As for the not our problem argument. It really isn't our problem. It is the problem for the UN. This is a case where both sides are pretty much equally bad.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Because the Genova convention says the use of chemical weapons is banned and a war crime. More a question ask to ask why international community ignores their own laws really. Reminds one of ignoring what Hitler did by German people and same excuse. Nothing to do with me; not my problem. Funny many of those saying it can't understand when others say that about helping them in this country.
The United States is guilty of holding prisoners indefinitely without trial and has admitted to the systematic torture of prisoners, both of which are also war crimes and violations of the Geneva convention.

I guess you would be cool with the United States being bombed in retaliation by any country that decided it was the right thing to do, right?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:44 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
This is madness.

Where is the outrage????

I never thought I'd dislike a president as much as Bush, but Obama's policies (foreign and domestic) are DESTRUCTIVE.

I don't see the Assad regime putting the lives of any Americans in jeopardy, nor is he threatening any of our allies. I do not see any of the neighboring countries surrounding Syria willing to do anything about this, and yet, Obama seemingly want to play the cowboy and go it all alone.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The United States is guilty of holding prisoners indefinitely without trial and has admitted to the systematic torture of prisoners, both of which are also war crimes and violations of the Geneva convention.

I guess you would be cool with the United States being bombed in retaliation by any country that decided it was the right thing to do, right?
As long as all they did was have their jets bomb our cities from the air, or launched guided missiles, and did not put actual 'boots on the ground' then it would not be an act of war.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
As long as all they did was have their jets bomb our cities from the air, or launched guided missiles, and did not put actual 'boots on the ground' then it would not be an act of war.
LOL, it is only a police action move along nothing to see here.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:21 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,740,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
He WANTS Islamist terrorist groups to be running countries.

He lost out when the Muslim Brotherhood was deposed in Egypt, so now he's supporting Al Qaeda in Syria.
This is what I think is going on. Obama wants to empower a bunch of Islamists who hate Israel.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,507,160 times
Quote:
This is madness.

Where is the outrage????

It's the swinging dick legacy. He wants something other than obamacare in the history books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies