U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should we get involved?
Not at all! No way, no how, we won't be fooled again! 61 83.56%
Boots on the ground baby! 1 1.37%
Air superiority only - No Fly and Missiles 6 8.22%
Nuke the place, and apologise for the mistake. Oops, wrong button! Obama could sell it! 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,656,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I do not think it matters who is President. Things will be orchestrated to create another false flag pretext for war. Its obvious that elements of power in the West want to reshape the Middle East in its interest by ridding it of leaders that do not bow down to Western hegemony.

What is pathetic, though, is that the anti-war crowd has largely done silent since Bush has left office when there is just as much war or potential wars.
The anti-war protesters are the anti-tax protesters. They are still there. You just don't see the media attention because they do not need the voting public with a lame duck prez that sold a false campaign.

The prez is commander-in-chief so war crisis always falls square on their shoulders. Sounds like you just don't want to admit that Obama is a self serving figurehead that couldn't resist the sexiness of the novelty of being the first black prez.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,072,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Interesting article, Claud or Mr. Hopper. But the major flaw in the argument is the bolded part of your article. The objective may be to take out Assad but the end result is definitely NOT to install the Muslim Brotherhood. Saudi Arabia is the major backer of the rebels and they especially consider the Muslim Brotherhood the enemy. They just finished orchestrating a major coup in Egypt for the sole purpose of getting rid of the Muslim brotherhood. People need to get a clue and realize the the Saudi's are pulling all the strings in the Middle East and conducting a proxy war with Iran by supporting various factions with money, intelligence and arms.

Very shortly, we are going to give Assad and his military a major can of whoop-ass so that the factions supported by the Saudis can take control of Syria and get Iran and Hezbollah out of the picture there.
this explains

Quote:
Qatar, which has thrown its full support behind the Muslim Brotherhood, also funds the popular Al-Jazeera media network that Gresh refers to as “the mouthpiece of the Brotherhood, in Egypt and, to a lesser extent, in Tunisia.”

Qatar is the leading arms supplier to insurgents Syria, with 85 plane loads of weapons flown - apparently under CIA auspices and with Turkish oversight - from Doha to Ankara and from there, trucked into Syria and distributed among rebel factions.Saudi Arabia is a distant second with only 37 planeloads and Zagreb, Croatia a close third with 36military cargo flights as of March 2013.

The reason for this vociferous assault, according to Dr. Ibrahim Kazerooni and Rob Prince, is that “Syria is seen as the main obstacle to unifying the region’s states against Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon.” And while Saudi Arabia and Qatar share the goal of toppling the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad, they disagree on the nature of the successor regime, as Dr. Masood Assadollahi explains, “The Qataris support the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria and demand that the Muslim Brotherhood come to power following the downfall of the government in Syria. But due to its old enmity with the Muslim Brotherhood, Saudi Arabia does not pursue such a development.”
Quote:
In its zeal to “contain” the influence of Iran, the US made a strategic shift to support Sunni extremist organizations in 2007, at a time when things were looking poorly for the Bush Junior administration in Iraq. Journalist Seymour Hersh quotes Council on Foreign Relations senior fellow Vali Nasr as stating, “It seems there has been a debate inside the government over what’s the biggest danger-Iran or Sunni radicals,” and apparently, the faction claiming Iran to be the greater threat won the day. The Muslim Brotherhood enters the equation even on the side of Saudi Arabia since, according to Nasr, “The Saudis have considerable financial means, and have deep relations with the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafis.”

So it would seem that the Saudi monarchy, by funding the Brotherhood, is really working against its own best interests, however Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi offers an explanation of this seemingly contradictory behavior, suggesting, “Saudi’s financial assistance could be read as an attempt to keep relations relatively warm and not allow this most important of Arab states [Egypt] to drift into an Iranian orbit.”

“Saudi Arabia is run by the most conservative Islamic sect among the [ultra-conservative] Salafi groups in the Arab world; the Saudis do not have sympathy for any form of democracy.”
http://www.tehrantimes.com/component...im-brotherhood

Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,890,911 times
Quote:
Interesting article, Claud or Mr. Hopper. But the major flaw in the argument is the bolded part of your article. The objective may be to take out Assad but the end result is definitely NOT to install the Muslim Brotherhood. Saudi Arabia is the major backer of the rebels and they especially consider the Muslim Brotherhood the enemy. They just finished orchestrating a major coup in Egypt for the sole purpose of getting rid of the Muslim brotherhood. People need to get a clue and realize the the Saudi's are pulling all the strings in the Middle East and conducting a proxy war with Iran by supporting various factions with money, intelligence and arms.

Very shortly, we are going to give Assad and his military a major can of whoop-ass so that the factions supported by the Saudis can take control of Syria and get Iran and Hezbollah out of the picture there.
I wish I could rate you up again. Its nice to see someone who actually thinks rationally and looks at the big picture.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I wish I could rate you up again. Its nice to see someone who actually thinks rationally and looks at the big picture.
excuse me, but I just corrected this poster that you want to rep. The Saudi's are supporting the MB, because they have a common interest. See my post above.

Quote:
“The Saudis have considerable financial means, and have deep relations with the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafis.”

Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,092,783 times
Quote:

Saudi's support the US and OPEC oil for dollars game. The Saudis support whoever we do. No they will not install the brudderhood at all . Now I wouldn't put it past this regime to try it but I doubt they go down that road again after the Egypt debacle. Obama doesn't appear to even know what he's doing in the ME and that is why be plays golf all the time. The Saudi's aren't pulling the strings we are...........we pull their strings. And we pay them very well.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
excuse me, but I just corrected this poster that you want to rep. The Saudi's are supporting the MB, because they have a common interest. See my post above.
I have to disagree with you hopper. I support a lot of your posts. Yes maybe the saudie's support their ideals but its all about the money baby. They may push the brudderhood and their ideals in Egypt but when it comes down to it we own them and they know it. They make it seem like they support all the BS that goes on over there and they do support a lot of terrorism. Hell we do too. Pathetic. But when push comes to shove the Saudis will do what we say and agreed to. They have no choice unless they cut a deal with Russia or China on the side and that won't happen unless we know about it then all hell WILL break loose.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:25 AM

The Saudi's try to bribe and/or threaten Putin.

I'm really liking Putin, he is a man of courage and conviction. Russians should be proud of their President.

Quote:

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord.

The Putin-Bandar meeting took place three weeks ago. Mr Putin was unmoved by the Saudi offer.

‘We believe that the Syrian regime is the best speaker on behalf of the Syrian people, and not those liver eaters,’’ he said, referring to footage showing a Jihadist rebel eating the heart and liver of a Syrian soldier.

Prince Bandar said that there can be ‘‘no escape from the military option’’ if Russia declines the olive branch.

Read more: Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria

Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 AM

I posted something of that accord earlier I believe. That is all the ruskies care about right now.............their base. We give it to em or the "rebels" or Assad they don't care. You really think Putin cares one way or the other? That is their only port in the Med.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I posted something of that accord earlier I believe. That is all the ruskies care about right now.............their base. We give it to em or the "rebels" or Assad they don't care. You really think Putin cares one way or the other? That is their only port in the Med.
Yes, he doesn't want jihadists spilling over into his country, yes he has one base in Syria, we have something like 45 surrounding Iran, he also has his own oil interests, trade agreements, pipelines. We like to dictate to other countries who they can trade with and who not to. And they are threatening to disrupt the Russian Olympics if he doesn't do what they want.
He is defending independence and sovereignty of countries, something we used to pretend to support.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,421,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, he doesn't want jihadists spilling over into his country, yes he has one base in Syria, we have something like 45 surrounding Iran, he also has his own oil interests, trade agreements, pipelines. We like to dictate to other countries who they can trade with and who not to. And they are threatening to disrupt the Russian Olympics if he doesn't do what they want.
He is defending independence and sovereignty of countries, something we used to pretend to support.

It seems that we are becoming the very thing that we stood, and fought against! The United States seriously needs to learn from history that empires, especially ones that get too big for their britches, can and do fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.