Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should we get involved?
Not at all! No way, no how, we won't be fooled again! 61 83.56%
Boots on the ground baby! 1 1.37%
Air superiority only - No Fly and Missiles 6 8.22%
Nuke the place, and apologise for the mistake. Oops, wrong button! Obama could sell it! 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Is It Possible The Syrian Rebels (Not Assad) Used Chemical Weapons? : The Two-Way : NPR

Russia says rebels may have staged alleged Syrian chemical attack | Reuters

I don't give a rats a$$ what Russia says, but they did warn us about Tsarnaev, and we didn't listen. Could this be Dejavu?

Evidence: Syrian Rebels used Chemical Weapons (not Assad) | Walid ShoebatWalid Shoebat

Shoebat makes the observation that Assad was wiping the map with the rebels. Why would he use chemical weapons? Especially prior to allowing UN observers in. It doesn't add up!

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad's Regime: U.N. Official
Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were "strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof," that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

This is beginning to feel a lot like Iraq 3.0

WHY is Obama, McCain and the rest of "was for it, before I was against it" idiots so bent on getting us involved? Is this a political sleight of hand, to steer attention away from our own woes?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
The rebels are the top suspects as they easily have the biggest motives.

Assad has a motive NOT to do it, why the hell would he want to give the West a reason for striking.

The Pentagon seems to believe the American public are utterly stupid and don't have any ability to think for themselves, lets hope this time they are proven wrong.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
It's not our problem. We need to stay out of this conflict.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
The Pentagon seems to believe the American public are utterly stupid and don't have any ability to think for themselves.
The Pentagon? That would be the Obama administration who hopes his Bots continue to say 'how high' when he asks them to jump.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

This is beginning to feel a lot like Iraq 3.0

WHY is Obama, McCain and the rest of "was for it, before I was against it" idiots so bent on getting us involved? Is this a political sleight of hand, to steer attention away from our own woes?
It does feel like Iraq 3.0 and McCain always seems willing to mix it up somewhere with somebody. Makes you wonder if any defense contractors have him in their back pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
The rebels are the top suspects as they easily have the biggest motives.

Assad has a motive NOT to do it, why the hell would he want to give the West a reason for striking.

The Pentagon seems to believe the American public are utterly stupid and don't have any ability to think for themselves, lets hope this time they are proven wrong.
That's what I have been asking.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It does feel like Iraq 3.0 and McCain always seems willing to mix it up somewhere with somebody. Makes you wonder if any defense contractors have him in their back pocket.

I agree.
I do not think it matters who is President. Things will be orchestrated to create another false flag pretext for war. Its obvious that elements of power in the West want to reshape the Middle East in its interest by ridding it of leaders that do not bow down to Western hegemony.

What is pathetic, though, is that the anti-war crowd has largely done silent since Bush has left office when there is just as much war or potential wars.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

The US is already IN this conflict and has been making moves to destabilise Syria for a number of years.

Its not a US beat up there is a real war going on for the control of Middle East resources and its been raging for decades. Its the BS that is the problem and the lack of understanding from people that even support direct military intervention (thinking they are saving lives).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I do not think it matters who is President. Things will be orchestrated to create another false flag pretext for war. Its obvious that elements of power in the West want to reshape the Middle East in its interest by ridding it of leaders that do not bow down to Western hegemony.

What is pathetic, though, is that the anti-war crowd has largely done silent since Bush has left office when there is just as much war or potential wars.

+1 this has been going on for decades now through many multiple administrations!

If people want peace, they they need to start by understanding whats really going on.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
As much as people may hate Obama, he is still LEAGUES above McCain and Romney. I definitely think that McCain is getting paid under the table by defense contractors. How else can you explain how badly he wants to get in yet another war?

If it were me in charge, I'd stay far away from anything to do with the Mideast because it pretty much NEVER turns out well. And I HATE just how hypocritical Muslims can be. On the one hand they point to US messing with Mideast affairs as to why we're hated and why we're the target of terrorist attacks. Yet EVERY damn time they're in trouble they come begging for help and get angry when we don't act on their command.

So which is it Muslims? Do you want our help or do you want us to stay out? You hate the US and the west for trying to help in the Mideast and at the same time you get angry when we don't help. This is why I so wish we would simply completely pull out of the Mideast and leave it up to them to decide if they want to sink or swim and whether they want peace or war. My bet is that they would destroy themselves and that's fine by me.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
As much as people may hate Obama, he is still LEAGUES above McCain and Romney. I definitely think that McCain is getting paid under the table by defense contractors. How else can you explain how badly he wants to get in yet another war?
If we get involved in this it will be Obama who is in charge.

McCain is too eager to get us into military action and Obama is buddies with the Muslim Brotherhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies